PDA

View Full Version : Unofficially the Official: What would you like to see with 3ADL?

Old Tiger
08-14-2012, 10:17 AM
For me

- One forum(with non-sport threads labeled "NS:" in the title)
- Deletion of irrelevent rules that were placed because of good debates
- More meet and greets and bringing back the family feel to the place
- Reach out to past members who have left and get them to return(if possible)
- Reach out to friends and other fans at games and encourage them to join(show them on your phone and give them link to here for their phones)
- Get the color scheme back for web browsing but keep the simple theme for mobile browsing

Ranger Mom
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Honestly...I never understood the "NS" thing. Most "NS" threads are apparent just by their title. And if they aren't...oh well! I never remembered to put that there when I made a non sports post!

GrTigers6
08-14-2012, 10:55 AM
I agree with Ranger mom, But I would like to keep the Donating members forum for topics too hot for open discussion!. I feel like my donation is actually worth something!:D

Old Tiger
08-14-2012, 11:05 AM
I agree with Ranger mom, But I would like to keep the Donating members forum for topics too hot for open discussion!. I feel like my donation is actually worth something!:DThat is what is killing the main board in my opinion. This board should be able to openly discuss whatever the forum members want as long as it is appropriate.

Txbroadcaster
08-14-2012, 11:07 AM
bring back the hot topic issues, those are what helped drive the board especially in off season

but to do that people must not get butt hurt in Aggie/Longhorns..political and god debates...if you dont want to read it..dont read it..but please for the love of this place open it back up

Bullaholic
08-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Unwritten Requests:

-Make a post if something peaks your interest, or you have a question or thought. Don't be shy.
-Make new posters feel welcome and just as much a part of the board family as anyone else.
-Try to create threads. You'd be surprised how many people will respond to a thoughful, or even controversial, thread.
-Try to show mutual respect for other posters and their teams.(Doesn't mean good trash talk is bad). Broaden your horizons and inquire about other teams.
-Use the 3ADL as a learning, as well as teaching, resource for the mutual enjoyment of high school athletics.
-Be willing to volunteer for some board duties such as Regional Editor, etc., or be willing to be the unofficial goto poster for a given team's good info. That way, there is always a presence for nearly every team on the board. There are not any posters from many teams, and even some of the team board presences with multiple posters have seemed to diminish, or gone away completely. The maintainence and health of the 3ADL cannot be maintained solely by the administrator and mods---this board will be only as good as we, the members, make it by what we are willing to put into it.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
bring back the hot topic issues, those are what helped drive the board especially in off season

but to do that people must not get butt hurt in Aggie/Longhorns..political and god debates...if you dont want to read it..dont read it..but please for the love of this place open it back up

With all due respect...I just don't think politics and religion have a place here. It never ceases to cause hard feelings. I agree with keeping the donating member site for those types of discussions. If you wanna talk about that, then that would be the forum to do it in, IMO!

Rabid Cougar
08-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Unwritten Requests:

-Make a post if something peaks your interest, or you have a question or thought. Don't be shy.
-Make new posters feel welcome and just as much a part of the board family as anyone else.
-Try to create threads. You'd be surprised how many people will respond to a thoughful, or even controversial, thread.
-Try to show mutual respect for other posters and their teams.(Doesn't mean good trash talk is bad). Broaden your horizons and inquire about other teams.
-Use the 3ADL as a learning, as well as teaching, resource for the mutual enjoyment of high school athletics.
-Be willing to volunteer for some board duties such as Regional Editor, etc., or be willing to be the unofficial goto poster for a given team's good info. That way, there is always a presence for nearly every team on the board. There are not any posters from many teams, and even some of the team board presences with multiple posters have seemed to diminish, or gone away completely. The maintainence and health of the 3ADL cannot be maintained solely by the administrator and mods---this board will be only as good as we, the members, make it by what we are willing to put into it.

- Aggies can refer to UT Austin as tu without being flamed.

1st and goal
08-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Keep politics and religion out.
Bring Old Tiger's GOTM back with an up or down vote as to the individual pic being in good taste. If not, kick him off a couple of weeks.:taunt::stirpot::stirpot::devil::devil:

Go with Bullaholic's thoughts too.

Furthermore, Old Tigger, we all love ya man but for you to start this thread is like re-electing our current President and for what religion he aspires to, to run this country for another term....(there, I got the last political and religious hack in). Haven't you been kicked out or benched more times than anyone Case? I'm glad you are wiser now.

Z-RO
08-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Subjects that bring drama/fighting are just like television people tune in to view that stuff...well at least they used to. I agree no kid bashing, but I think it is ok to call a bone headed play out if it occurs. You would talk to your friends about it, why not talk about it on here? I'm cool with no religious topics, most of us are Christians on here anyways so no big deal breaker there. I also agree that this place desperately needs to get back to one forum...one last thing, I think yall should offer amnesty to those banned users and let them have their old screen names back. I'm not talking about the newbies who would curse and get banned asap, I'm talking about those users such as myself, B44, G$...etc who have actually spent a lot of time on these forums.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2012, 04:37 PM
I wonder if we will ever get Kepdawg posting again?? He PM's me from time to time...but hasn't posted in well over 2 years!! He used to come in the chats when I would go there!!!

Another thing I miss (and yes, it's because of the drama of it)...is being able to say "So and So is ROM" like we did back in the Matt/Gobbla/Jacket Era!! Now with all the warnings, timeouts, etc...I don't even know how long it's been since we actually banned someone!! Those threads were always fun though!! :p

Old Tiger
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I wonder if we will ever get Kepdawg posting again?? He PM's me from time to time...but hasn't posted in well over 2 years!! He used to come in the chats when I would go there!!!

Another thing I miss (and yes, it's because of the drama of it)...is being able to say "So and So is ROM" like we did back in the Matt/Gobbla/Jacket Era!! Now with all the warnings, timeouts, etc...I don't even know how long it's been since we actually banned someone!! Those threads were always fun though!! :p
The warning and benching system is dumb and if we get rid of a vast majority of the rules like we are.discussing then it would render that system useless.
Meaning that we could go back to that system.

OldBison75
08-14-2012, 09:24 PM
The single forum format was more interesting and more people saw everything that was posted.
I have no problems with keeping politics and religion out as a rule, but, let's keep the ability to ask for or offer prayers to members in need.
I think there are only a few simple rules that need to be strictly enforced:
Don't trash the kids by name or number--they are kids after all.
Keep the forum clean, remember that kids also read on here.
If you want to criticize a team, coach, poster, or anybody else--it is not necessary to call them names or call them out to a point that becomes a fight. You can call someone stupid without adding all kinds of adjectives to the description.
Be man or woman enough to take your medicine when you get owned by another poster. All of us make claims we have to swallow and taste at some point. Take your crow with humble sauce and go forward.
Give public warnings to posters that are approaching the line of being punished. When that happens and the other posters know that someone is pushing the envelope, depend on them to also back down on taunting the offender. One public warning, followed by one PM warning should be enough for a poster to just be an adult and back down. If they persist, they are subject to the wrath of the mods.
If the thread offends you--ignore it, or read and don't respond. No thread become a problem thread when only one side fights. You will not change the opinion of the other side on an internet site, so make your point and leave.
I miss the threads of a few years ago when Rocket, OT, G2, and all of the others were always ragging on each other. I may not have agreed with either side, but it was damned entertaining.

zeeman
08-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Sounds good to me!!!!
For me

- One forum(with non-sport threads labeled "NS:" in the title)
- Deletion of irrelevent rules that were placed because of good debates
- More meet and greets and bringing back the family feel to the place
- Reach out to past members who have left and get them to return(if possible)
- Reach out to friends and other fans at games and encourage them to join(show them on your phone and give them link to here for their phones)
- Get the color scheme back for web browsing but keep the simple theme for mobile browsing

zeeman
08-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Hell yeah!!!
- Aggies can refer to UT Austin as tu without being flamed.

87 TIGER
08-14-2012, 10:48 PM
- Aggies can refer to UT Austin as tu without being flamed.And refer to Aggies , well as Aggies I mean that's bad enough or a B Q

coach
08-14-2012, 11:11 PM
I want it back to the original color scheme, cut down the rules, and hgotm

bobcat1
08-15-2012, 08:20 PM
I would like to see them ban someone and it stick. :p

Old Tiger
08-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I would like to see them ban someone and it stick. :p

I have unlimited email accounts to use!

bobcat1
08-15-2012, 09:43 PM
I have unlimited email accounts to use!
:taunt:lol

regaleagle
08-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Whatever it entails, just make it easier for those that want to join in be able to do so. I'm not computer savvy, but K>I>S>S for those of us that want to take part. Just a simple suggestion.