PDA

View Full Version : Region I Preseason Top 10 - VOTE HERE

Yoe_09
08-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Go ahead and post your preseason top 10 for the region I fan poll. I will probably close the poll and post results this Friday.

My top 10:

1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Monahans
4. Abilene Wylie
5. Liberty Hill
6. Lubbock Cooper
7. Lubbock Estacado
8. Kennedale
9. Brownwood
10. Shallowater

Top District:
7-3A

Teams in Region I:

District 1
Amarillo River Road
Borger
Dalhart
Pampa
Perryton

District 2
Andrews
Levelland
Lubbock Cooper
Lubbock Estacado
Seminole
Shallowater

District 3
Anthony
Clint
Clint Mountain View
Fabens
Fort Stockton
Pecos

District 4
Abilene Wylie
Big Spring
Midland Greenwood
Monahans
Snyder
Sweetwater

District 5
Burkburnett
Graham
Iowa Park
Vernon
Wichita Falls Hirschi

District 6
FW Diamond Hill-Jarvis
Kennedale
Lake Worth
Mineral Wells
River Oaks Castleberry
Springtown

District 7
Alvarado
Glen Rose
Hillsboro
Stephenville
Venus

District 8
Brownwood
Burnet
Gatesville
Lampasas
Liberty Hill
Llano

toddg
08-13-2012, 09:51 PM
1.Stephenville
2.Alvarado
3.Kennedale
4.Monahans
5.Abilene Wylie
6.Lubbock Cooper
7.Brownwood
8.Liberty Hill
9.Glen Rose
10.Seminole

Rattler
08-14-2012, 07:24 AM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Monahans
4. Graham
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Liberty Hill
7. Kennedale
8. Brownwood
9. Lubbock Cooper
10. Lubbock Estacado

vtskneb
08-14-2012, 08:20 AM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Monahans
4. Graham
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Liberty Hill
7. Kennedale
8. Brownwood
9. Lubbock Cooper
10. Lubbock Estacado

I think Brownwood has some double secret probation transfers they are not telling us about. I think Harrell was able to sneak them out of Ennis before he left. They maybe higher than 7 or 8.

defense51
08-14-2012, 08:24 AM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Kennedale
4. Monohans
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
7. Liberty Hill
8. Lubbock Cooper
9. Seminole
10. Snyder

Bosqueville
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM
I think Brownwood has some double secret probation transfers they are not telling us about. I think Harrell was able to sneak them out of Ennis before he left. They maybe higher than 7 or 8.

All I'm gonna say is Brownwood has some key move-ins....

toddg
08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
All I'm gonna say is Brownwood has some key move-ins....

how many games did that QBs team win last year?...jk..he's pretty good, and with Harrell's influence should have a good year.

defense51
08-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Any QB under Harrell's influence has the potential to have a good year.

Bosqueville
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
how many games did that QBs team win last year?...jk..he's pretty good, and with Harrell's influence should have a good year.

It's a shame he had no help on the defense side of the ball. Remember, we had Casey Pachall and his senior year we only went 3-7.. So the QB can only do so much...

toddg
08-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Any QB under Harrell's influence has the potential to have a good year.

speaking of QBs..i think our QB is poised to have a good year..especially with the big targets at WR this year..the TEs will factor into that as well.

regaleagle
08-14-2012, 10:48 AM
1. Stephenville
2. Kennedale
3. Alvarado
4. Abilene Wylie
5. Graham
6. Brownwood
7. Monahans
8. Lubbock Cooper
9. Liberty Hill
10. Lampasas/Glen Rose(tied)

Pendragon13
08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Liberty Hill
5. Monahans
6. Kennedale
7. Lubbock Estacado
8. Lubbock Cooper
9. Brownwood
10. Seminole

jason
08-14-2012, 11:36 AM
stephenville will beat alvarado by 3 td's - at a minimum
they lost too much secondary to stop sville passing game

Trashman
08-14-2012, 12:57 PM
1. Alvarado
2. Stephenville
3. Monahans
4. Brownwood
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Liberty Hill
7. Lubbock Cooper
8. Lubbock Estacado
9. Kennedale
10. Shallowater

toddg
08-14-2012, 01:12 PM
stephenville will beat alvarado by 3 td's - at a minimum
they lost too much secondary to stop sville passing game

the group we have coming up in our secondary is pretty darn good, a couple of them got a lot of time in last year..not to mention the safety we have coming back to finish his 4 year varsity career. i wont make any predictions on this game until the week of the game..the Indians have a pretty good non-dist. schedule to play till then, as does the Jackets..we'll know alot about these two teams then.

hollywood
08-14-2012, 01:24 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Kennedale
4. Monohans
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
7. Liberty Hill
8. Lubbock Cooper
9. Seminole
10. Snyder

Close.. you left out Graham.

hollywood
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Brownwood
3. Graham
4. Alvarado
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Monahans
7. Kennedale
8. Liberty Hill
9. Lubbock Cooper
10. Snyder

slingshot
08-14-2012, 01:31 PM
I think ya'll are underrating Estacado... they will be better than Cooper. Way better.

hollywood
08-14-2012, 01:32 PM
11. Estacado
12. Burnet

defense51
08-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Close.. you left out Graham.
Honestly I thought about Graham, Estacado, and Snyder close at the #10 spot, but Snyder got the vote because of their coach. I don't think Graham is in any way #3.

defense51
08-14-2012, 02:24 PM
the group we have coming up in our secondary is pretty darn good, a couple of them got a lot of time in last year..not to mention the safety we have coming back to finish his 4 year varsity career. i wont make any predictions on this game until the week of the game..the Indians have a pretty good non-dist. schedule to play till then, as does the Jackets..we'll know alot about these two teams then.
We also have another DB/PR that is small but probably as fast or faster than any player we will see this year. If he get in the open it's all over, he moves like a little waterbug. We have plenty of weapons to contend with anyone, even the mighty yellowjackets.

Bosqueville
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Monahans
4. Kennedale
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Brownwood
7. Liberty Hill
8. Estacado
9. Borger
10. Lubbock Cooper

BEAST
08-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Honestly I thought about Graham, Estacado, and Snyder close at the #10 spot, but Snyder got the vote because of their coach. I don't think Graham is in any way #3.

Didnt Snyder lose their head coach? They also lost all everything Keenon Ward.

BEAST

defense51
08-14-2012, 04:09 PM
They did lose their coach and replaced him with Aubrey Simms, that is why I gave them the #10 spot. The loss of Ward is obviously a big loss, but I think Coach Simms will build a good programin Snyder.

hollywood
08-14-2012, 04:15 PM

Graham will be better than many think. They were young and very scrappy last season. They have a good QB coming back this year as well.
Burnet is another team that will be better than a lot think. Did well in 7 on 7 SCT and have a fantastic AD/HC and coaching staff.
Brownwood is the major "Dark Horse". A lot of unknowns unless you're in the know. ;)

ccmom
08-14-2012, 06:14 PM
They did lose their coach and replaced him with Aubrey Simms, that is why I gave them the #10 spot. The loss of Ward is obviously a big loss, but I think Coach Simms will build a good programin Snyder.

It's no secret that I'm not a Snyder fan, BUT Rogers was pretty darn successful there. I'm sure
Simms is a great coach, too. However, losing Rogers AND Ward is a double whammy for Snyder in my opinion. Anything can happen, and I wish Simms well, but I would expect Snyder to have some growing pains.

Roughneck93
08-14-2012, 06:33 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Monahans
4. Kennedale
5. Brownwood
6. Liberty Hill
7. Abilene Wylie
8. Lubbock Estacado
9. Lubbock Cooper
10. Graham

defense51
08-14-2012, 06:47 PM
It's no secret that I'm not a Snyder fan, BUT Rogers was pretty darn successful there. I'm sure
Simms is a great coach, too. However, losing Rogers AND Ward is a double whammy for Snyder in my opinion. Anything can happen, and I wish Simms well, but I would expect Snyder to have some growing pains.
There's no doubt they will have some growing pains, but I've always thought the good coaches have success wherever they go. I really think Coach Simms is a good coach and will build a successful program at Snyder. It may not happen this year, but sooner than later you will see Snyder loading up the win column.

toddg
08-14-2012, 06:58 PM

you are right ccmom, they will in be in transition and probably will struggle some at the beginning of the season..we just support past Indian players..we are proud of the job he did in Grandview,( where another former Indian takes over the HC job), and wish him well at Snyder..i ran into Coach Sim's father-inlaw the other day, and says Aubrey is extremly happy with what he has down there...says the players are buying into his program and so is the community..and that Snyder has some really nice facilities.

ccmom
08-14-2012, 08:17 PM
you are right ccmom,
My favorite words...;)

defense51
08-14-2012, 09:09 PM
My favorite words...;)

Typical woman :speech:

Ragin Red
08-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Graham will be better than many think. They were young and very scrappy last season. They have a good QB coming back this year as well.
Burnet is another team that will be better than a lot think. Did well in 7 on 7 SCT and have a fantastic AD/HC and coaching staff.
Brownwood is the major "Dark Horse". A lot of unknowns unless you're in the know. ;)

SHHHHHHH....Hollywood we want to stay under the radar, we don't want teams to worry about us.
Stealth Mode! But thanks for the good word.

regaleagle
08-15-2012, 10:28 AM
I like both Kennedale and Graham in this region to show up bigtime. I think most posters agree on Stephenville and Alvarado as being favorites in their respective divisions, but that's why the games are played. :wave:

toddg
08-15-2012, 10:55 AM
I like both Kennedale and Graham in this region to show up bigtime. I think most posters agree on Stephenville and Alvarado as being favorites in their respective divisions, but that's why the games are played. :wave:

Graham may have to face Stephenville early in the playoffs. i can see a Kennedale/Alvarado matchup in the reg 1 div 2 final a definite possibility..a tense, close,and hotly fought game would be nothing new for these two teams.

Ville-D
08-15-2012, 10:59 AM
SHHHHHHH....Hollywood we want to stay under the radar, we don't want teams to worry about us.
Stealth Mode! But thanks for the good word.

Hey Red, were you at the 7 on 7 game vs Stephenville (at TSU) sitting in the end zone (to the right hand side if you were facing the field)? There was a group of Graham fans there and I heard someone mention of 3ADownlow. I was sitting with the Stephenville coaches on the left side of the end zone.

Your 7v7 team was pretty salty.

GrTigers6
08-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Graham may have to face Stephenville early in the playoffs. i can see a Kennedale/Alvarado matchup in the reg 1 div 2 final a definite possibility..a tense, close,and hotly fought game would be nothing new for these two teams.Stephenville would have to make it out of their district first.:stirpot::D:evillol:

toddg
08-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Stephenville would have to make it out of their district first.:stirpot::D:evillol:

it would be foolhardy to overlook Glen Rose this year as well.

Ville-D
08-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Stephenville would have to make it out of their district first.:stirpot::D:evillol:

So will Venus or Hillsboro go in that 3rd spot if Stephenville doesn't get out of district? My money is on Venus!

garciap77
08-15-2012, 12:42 PM
1. Abilene Wylie
2. Alvarado
3. Monahans
4. Shallowater
5. Liberty Hill
6. Lubbock Cooper
7. Lubbock Estacado
8. Kennedale
9. Brownwood
10. Stephenville

Ville-D
08-15-2012, 12:42 PM
1. Venus
2. Glen Rose
3. Alvarado
4. Monahans
5. Kennedale
6. Burnet
7. Graham
8. Liberty Hill
9. Kennedale
10. Springtown

garciap77
08-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Didnt Snyder lose their head coach? They also lost all everything Keenon Ward.

BEAST

Do they still have Black Magic?

GrTigers6
08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
So will Venus or Hillsboro go in that 3rd spot if Stephenville doesn't get out of district? My money is on Venus!If yall lost every starter and just couldnt possibly beat those two, Than yes I would vote for Venus

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Stephenville, Alvarado, Glenrose will finish 1,2,3 in some order.. who knows.. Alvarado has its work cut out for them all season. But its exciting! Go big A!

Cam
08-15-2012, 02:01 PM
:thinking:

Trashman
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Do they still have Black Magic?

I was wondering the same thing.....

toddg
08-15-2012, 02:39 PM
:thinking:

:1popcorn:

GrTigers6
08-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Stephenville, Alvarado, Glenrose will finish 1,2,3 in some order.. who knows.. Alvarado has its work cut out for them all season. But its exciting! Go big A!I was impressed with I saw with alvarado Saturday. Looks like yall may be picking up where you left off. Good Luck and tell Lee to have a Wonderful Senior season!

Ragin Red
08-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey Red, were you at the 7 on 7 game vs Stephenville (at TSU) sitting in the end zone (to the right hand side if you were facing the field)? There was a group of Graham fans there and I heard someone mention of 3ADownlow. I was sitting with the Stephenville coaches on the left side of the end zone.

Your 7v7 team was pretty salty.

No I didn't get to make that one. One son was playing baseball and my oldest son was playing 7 on 7

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-15-2012, 08:36 PM
I was impressed with I saw with alvarado Saturday. Looks like yall may be picking up where you left off. Good Luck and tell Lee to have a Wonderful Senior season!
I will.. They had another scrimmage tonight intrasquad. Looked pretty impressive today. Hope the team stays healthy.