PDA

View Full Version : One forum

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Can we please go back to one main Forum

Bullaholic
08-13-2012, 05:25 PM
At this point--I don't care if we have (1) forum or (50), as long as folks will post and discuss more regularly, have some fun while learning and contributing some things, and not get mad when someone disagrees with them, or hijacks their threads.

ccmom
08-13-2012, 06:28 PM
At this point--I don't care if we have (1) forum or (50), as long as folks will post and discuss more regularly, have some fun while learning and contributing some things, and not get mad when someone disagrees with them, or hijacks their threads.

I have never understood why people get cranky when a thread gets "hijacked". I think some of the best threads started one way and evolved into something different.

I also think going back to one forum is a good idea. I almost never look at the other forums.

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I have never understood why people get cranky when a thread gets "hijacked". I think some of the best threads started one way and evolved into something different.

I also think going back to one forum is a good idea. I almost never look at the other forums.I occasionally do when I try and start a serious thread on a serious topic and someone post about something already talked about in another thread on my seperate topic.

ccmom
08-13-2012, 08:10 PM
I occasionally do when I try and start a serious thread on a serious topic and someone post about something already talked about in another thread on my seperate topic.

Well, get over it!! ;)

j_dog
08-13-2012, 08:33 PM
There is another forum? Got by me! did not know they existed. Guess that is why I have not read any of the others. And probably will not. Enough work to check this one occasionally.

defense51
08-13-2012, 09:35 PM
I guess I don't understand the dislike of more than one forum, it you don't want to read the other forums then don't. Problem solved. I agree with Bullaholic about more people posting and discussing threads, but realize I dont have time to log in every single day and I'm sure everyone with children n 3ADL can relate to the situation.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I guess I don't understand the dislike of more than one forum, it you don't want to read the other forums then don't. Problem solved. I agree with Bullaholic about more people posting and discussing threads, but realize I dont have time to log in every single day and I'm sure everyone with children n 3ADL can relate to the situation.

It is not about not wanting to see threads...we want the threads in one forum so we dont have to jump around

zebrablue2
08-13-2012, 10:15 PM
It is not about not wanting to see threads...we want the threads in one forum so we dont have to jump around

ROFL! A little jumping around is good exercise ya know:D

bobcat1
08-13-2012, 10:36 PM

ROFL! A little jumping around is good exercise ya know:DHe's a 16 oz curl exerciser only ...... well that is other then jawjacking on the broadcast with G2.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2012, 10:44 PM
He's a 16 oz curl exerciser only ...... well that is other then jawjacking on the broadcast with G2.

i dont drink beer

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 10:56 PM
i dont drink beer
A 750 ml curl?

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
A 750 ml curl?

more like a handle curl

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 11:03 PM
more like a handle curl
Kentucky deluxe? That's where we see how strong ya are.

Txbroadcaster
08-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Kentucky deluxe? That's where we see how strong ya are.

titos

defense51
08-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Got it, I guess I misunderstood what the problem was.

Old Tiger
08-14-2012, 08:19 AM
titos
Nice isn't that mad near Austin? Have you tried dripping springs?

Ranger Mom
08-14-2012, 09:41 AM

I guess you had to be here back in the downlows "heyday." It wasn't just really "one" forum, because we still had the coaches forum and I think a suggestion forum. But the MAIN forum was just one big forum that everything went on. It moved so fast that you had to search on the second page sometimes for a thread that may have been created earlier in the day. It was crazy and so much fun!!

I know, for a FACT, that several posters started losing interest when we went to the separate forums.....PPHSfan being one of those. I even found myself starting to lose interest after that too!!

Before Tony died, he asked me to take his spot as partial owner of the board, so I guess I am now an owner, administrator and moderator all rolled into one.

I REALLY think we might need to have a "town hall" meeting and discuss what changes posters would like to see. Tony and I were good friends, but we didn't always see eye to eye on everything when it came to this board.

Admin would have to make all the changes, because even though Tony turned all his interest over to me, it is all in "title" only, we never went over any of the mechanics of the site, so I am clueless when it comes to any of that stuff!!!

I don't know if we can ever get back to where we were...but I sure would like to see some of the old energy back here! Those were some of the best times!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
08-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Nice isn't that mad near Austin? Have you tried dripping springs?

yes it is...not a big fan of dripping springs

Txbroadcaster
08-14-2012, 11:05 AM
I guess you had to be here back in the downlows "heyday." It wasn't just really "one" forum, because we still had the coaches forum and I think a suggestion forum. But the MAIN forum was just one big forum that everything went on. It moved so fast that you had to search on the second page sometimes for a thread that may have been created earlier in the day. It was crazy and so much fun!!

I know, for a FACT, that several posters started losing interest when we went to the separate forums.....PPHSfan being one of those. I even found myself starting to lose interest after that too!!

Before Tony died, he asked me to take his spot as partial owner of the board, so I guess I am now an owner, administrator and moderator all rolled into one.

I REALLY think we might need to have a "town hall" meeting and discuss what changes posters would like to see. Tony and I were good friends, but we didn't always see eye to eye on everything when it came to this board.

Admin would have to make all the changes, because even though Tony turned all his interest over to me, it is all in "title" only, we never went over any of the mechanics of the site, so I am clueless when it comes to any of that stuff!!!

I don't know if we can ever get back to where we were...but I sure would like to see some of the old energy back here! Those were some of the best times!!!!!

I think that is a great idea

waterboy
08-14-2012, 11:41 AM

I agree. It's also good to see you on here. That new job takes way too much of your time.

bobcat1
08-14-2012, 12:57 PM

IN!:thumbsup:

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2012, 01:35 PM

+++1

rockdale80
08-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Who cares if a thread gets hijacked? If everyone allows a thread to get off topic then it probably wasnt that interesting of a topic anyway....

zeeman
08-14-2012, 08:03 PM
I vote YES!!!

OldBison75
08-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Ranger Mom, you have support for the single main thread idea. Things were so much more fun back then.

Phantom Stang
08-15-2012, 04:30 PM

I recall that for a long time, Sinton66 would state that he was AGAINST separate forums for general posts whenever the issue came up, siting that the board was thriving with one main forum.

Unfortunately for the board, the squeakiest wheels finally got the grease.

ronwx5x
08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
If, as many are saying, no one posts on the other boards, what is the problem?

Old Tiger
08-15-2012, 05:42 PM
If, as many are saying, no one posts on the other boards, what is the problem?

It's not that no one post on the other board its just that it's rarely looked at. The most you ever see viewing that board is 5. The fact that those threads could be here viewed by majority of the posters would create conversations and build friendships, rivalries, and etc. Thus bringing back the family atmosphere of this boards history.

Emerson1
08-15-2012, 07:38 PM

I just realized you were an admin.

It all went downhill for me when Ashton got married :D

Old Tiger
08-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I just realized you were an admin.

It all went downhill for me when Ashton got married :D

mmmmm Ashton.....what is cheer_mom's daughter up to these days?