PDA

View Full Version : Its official

orange machine
08-12-2012, 09:51 PM
All the people that use to post 4 or 5 years ago need to come back. They made it a lot of fun so if anybody knows where they are go get them back on here.

coach
08-12-2012, 10:38 PM
All the people that use to post 4 or 5 years ago need to come back. They made it a lot of fun so if anybody knows where they are go get them back on here.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss kieth7

Txbroadcaster
08-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss kieth7

and G$$

coach
08-12-2012, 11:39 PM
and G$$

I actually kinda liked him

mwynn05
08-12-2012, 11:52 PM
I talk to keith7 a lot during basketball.. he does sports at the conroe courier and i always call our scores in.

Z-RO
08-13-2012, 12:13 AM

How do you know they aint already back? The moderation of this place used to run on nothing but friendship and emotion 4-5 years ago and that chased a lot of people off. Sorry if this upsets anybody but it is the truth.

orange machine
08-13-2012, 07:24 AM
I like this site, but the people who use to post made it even better. Espacially all the Liberty Hill and Sweetwater folks.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2012, 08:16 AM
How do you know they aint already back? The moderation of this place used to run on nothing but friendship and emotion 4-5 years ago and that chased a lot of people off. Sorry if this upsets anybody but it is the truth.

actually when it was run like that most loved it...it was when it started being more about threads in right section, not talking non sports on mainboard people started falling off

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 08:40 AM
I will talk to Go Blue.

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 08:41 AM
actually when it was run like that most loved it...it was when it started being more about threads in right section, not talking non sports on mainboard people started falling off
Yup...having 2 seperate forums is dumb especially for a small site like this. Putting NF in title also helped then so people would not it was not football related.

Ranger Mom
08-13-2012, 10:21 AM

I agree 100%!!

(I won't stoop so low as to say..:"I told ya so!" ) :):)

Trashman
08-13-2012, 10:47 AM

It's not just this board....FaceBook is killing them all.

orange machine
08-13-2012, 11:30 AM
I hate facebook if I really wanted to talk to someone that bad I would pick up a phone and call them. Not to mention the people that post everything they are doing and where they are and where they are going. I make fun of my dad all the time with his facebook crap. He just got his first cell phone about a year and a half ago and got a facebook account. He lives on his facebook and is always telling everybody where he is and what he he is doing like anybody really cares!!

OldNavy
08-13-2012, 11:34 AM

Facebook doesn't do it for me. There is not an organized content like there is here. The region pages give us some good guesses as to who will be good, what their schedules are and often when kept up, you can check scores against common opponents. Content, and good conversations are not available on facebook that I have been able to discover yet. I do miss WOS87, his stats were outstanding. I hope he can get back to us, or help someone keep up with the data base he created.

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 11:49 AM

Not true at all. I post on other message boards and they are no where near as dead as this place. Its some of the new people who come here and try to change stuff and pisses off members who were here years ago.

Go back to how it was the buddy system and get rid of the non-sports forum because that board is a waste of space. Perhaps amp up the coaches board and get rid of the donating members board(if that is still around)

BEAST
08-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Not true at all. I post on other message boards and they are no where near as dead as this place. Its some of the new people who come here and try to change stuff and pisses off members who were here years ago.

Go back to how it was the buddy system and get rid of the non-sports forum because that board is a waste of space. Perhaps amp up the coaches board and get rid of the donating members board(if that is still around)

For those of us who havent been here as long, what was the buddy system?

BEAST

Rabid Cougar
08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Four years back? Wasn't that before the 'wood folk overran the site?

BwdLion73
08-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Four years back? Wasn't that before the 'wood folk overran the site?

I dont know. According to your little dilly at the side Trashman was a member before you or Old Tiger..who I think does not sound so old.

We cant help it if we have more members than anyone else. What we lack in speed we make up with members. Our Brownwood Lion site just went facebook and its a goner to me.

pirate4state
08-13-2012, 02:31 PM
I know for me, the main reason I was always on this site was because of the people. Now all the main people I care to keep in touch with, I do, outside the forum. It is so much easier to text, e-mail and/or use Twitter/Facebook to keep in touch and not have to read through a bunch of crap from people I don't care about. :D

Oh, and I liked the ONE forum better too. :wave:

BoneyFinger
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
I miss Old Cardinal

Ranger Mom
08-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I miss Old Cardinal

Wow!! You have been here FOREVER!! You don't talk much, do ya??

millcreek
08-13-2012, 03:18 PM
I miss Pudlugger. :(

Tejastrue
08-13-2012, 04:06 PM
So what you guys are saying is it all started going downhill about the time we elected a new president. Lol..

orange machine
08-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Its hard to explain how much fun it was to come on the downlow. It was really fun when people would chat lots of good things said their.

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
For those of us who havent been here as long, what was thhie buddy system?

BEAST
I do what I want and people get pissed.

coach
08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I do what I want and people get pissed.

To me it started going downhill when we changed the look of the site and started making the stupidest rules ever. I.e. no longhorn aggie talk until the week they played.

Also I miss tiger wr... He is the one with the greatest post of all time. It was either him or go blue or electis unis lol.

Z-RO
08-13-2012, 05:54 PM
This site used to be real bad about "go with the flow or get out....and if you don't get out we will just ban you".

Ill go ahead and say it, I am the user formally known as KTA. Have the mods had any problem from me since they banned "KTA"? (well maybe not until just now lol). I'm the same poster, with the same personality but I am less inclined to post here anymore because all the "entertaining posters" have left/been banned. Sure I will add my 2 cents every once in a while when I get bored and decide to see what is going on with this site, but the ban hammer got swung around too much back in the day with double standards being applied via the buddy system. Now that the house has gotten cleaned up to some of yall's liking its pretty boring here now isn't it?

FWIW: Having two forums is a waste, I don't think I have ever clicked to read anything on the other board.

Patiently waiting to see if I am going to get "banned" again lol

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/902664_700b.jpg

Z-RO
08-13-2012, 05:57 PM
and started making the stupidest rules ever. I.e. no longhorn aggie talk until the week they played.

That didn't help either

coach
08-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I agree Kta or z-ro lol. I think it's a lot harder to get banned now just bc certain ppl are no longer here. Hell, when was the last time someone was banned?

Z-RO
08-13-2012, 06:04 PM
I agree Kta or z-ro lol. I think it's a lot harder to get banned now just bc certain ppl are no longer here. Hell, when was the last time someone was banned?

I think the CURRENT mods are doing a great job now, and I will leave the rest of my opinion at that. :)

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 06:12 PM
To me it started going downhill when we changed the look of the site and started making the stupidest rules ever. I.e. no longhorn aggie talk until the week they played.

Also I miss tiger wr... He is the one with the greatest post of all time. It was either him or go blue or electis unis lol.When this site went from 5 rules to 10 rules with some of those rules having rules within the rules was ridiculous. Now days signatures don't matter everyone has DSL or using the mobile site.

I also say let people talk politics, religion, and etc if they want. This place should be a place where people can talk about anything openly with one another regardless of views. If people get upset about a different opinion then that is ridiculous and that individual should question himself not the persons opinion. I think bringing open debates will liven this place up once again.

I think another thing we need to do is encourage friends and other fans more and have more M&G's. Seem like those have kind of died a lot also.

If we do go back to one forum just tell people to put "NS:" in the title so people will know it is a "Non Sport" topic.

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I dont know. According to your little dilly at the side Trashman was a member before you or Old Tiger..who I think does not sound so old.

We cant help it if we have more members than anyone else. What we lack in speed we make up with members. Our Brownwood Lion site just went facebook and its a goner to me.
I've been a member of this forum since about 2002-2003 under various screen names.

Z-RO
08-13-2012, 06:16 PM
When this site went from 5 rules to 10 rules with some of those rules having rules within the rules was ridiculous. Now days signatures don't matter everyone has DSL or using the mobile site.

I also say let people talk politics, religion, and etc if they want. This place should be a place where people can talk about anything openly with one another regardless of views. If people get upset about a different opinion then that is ridiculous and that individual should question himself not the persons opinion. I think bringing open debates will liven this place up once again.

I think another thing we need to do is encourage friends and other fans more and have more M&G's. Seem like those have kind of died a lot also.

If we do go back to one forum just tell people to put "NS:" in the title so people will know it is a "Non Sport" topic.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/busey_clapping.gif

zeeman
08-13-2012, 06:49 PM
I agree with my boy KTA, way too much banning was going on and too many ridiculous rules. I'm the infamous luvhoops34 by the way :)

Old Tiger
08-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I agree with my boy KTA, way too much banning was going on and too many ridiculous rules. I'm the infamous luvhoops34 by the way :)
Wasn't luvhoops a girl? Sex change?

Z-RO
08-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Wasn't luvhoops a girl? Sex change?

It's her husbands account the she just so happens to use (not very often I might add).

BwdLion73
08-13-2012, 07:14 PM
I've been a member of this forum since about 2002-2003 under various screen names.

Fair enough.....Why do people, other than banned I guess change their name or ID?

I just enjoy hearing what like minded people who like their 3A football have to say about their teams. This is the site that allows me to do that. Nothing is all things to all members but I think this site gives us the best avenue to look out beyond our home town information. I've read things on here that piss me off...I have found that sometimes its best to log off and return later. Most of the time I get a laugh out of it later.

My hope is that as the season gets started we can get back to some good natured competition and discussion about football. Nothing is better than a "meet and greet" to make some of the so called "bad boys" find an excuse not to be there.

Some need to Remember why we joined this site. :)

Z-RO
08-13-2012, 07:21 PM
It's her husbands account the she just so happens to use (not very often I might add).

*that

orange machine
08-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Well since Bwdlion73 wants to get back to the old days with some good competition and talk, Brownwood sucks and has sucked since moving down to 3a!!!

orange machine
08-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Oh yeah and Rocket sucks also LOL!! May be he will come out and play now.

defense51
08-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Well since Bwdlion73 wants to get back to the old days with some good competition and talk, Brownwood sucks and has sucked since moving down to 3a!!!

2010? Have to disagree with you on that one, they had one hell of a team that year.

BwdLion73
08-14-2012, 09:12 AM

Thank you for sharing that with me. :p:hand:

Bullaholic
08-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Everyone, past or present, needs to forgive and forget the old wounds and start posting again on the new 3ADL.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2012, 09:28 AM
This site used to be real bad about "go with the flow or get out....and if you don't get out we will just ban you".

Ill go ahead and say it, I am the user formally known as KTA. Have the mods had any problem from me since they banned "KTA"? (well maybe not until just now lol). I'm the same poster, with the same personality but I am less inclined to post here anymore because all the "entertaining posters" have left/been banned. Sure I will add my 2 cents every once in a while when I get bored and decide to see what is going on with this site, but the ban hammer got swung around too much back in the day with double standards being applied via the buddy system. Now that the house has gotten cleaned up to some of yall's liking its pretty boring here now isn't it?

FWIW: Having two forums is a waste, I don't think I have ever clicked to read anything on the other board.

I knew it was you.....remember?? You told me on facebook about a year ago!!

I personally think the rules need to be revamped some! I haven't always agreed with all of them, thought some of them had too many gray areas in them....and as technology progressed, some just aren't needed any more!!

pirate4state
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM

I personally think the rules need to be revamped some! I haven't always agreed with all of them, thought some of them had too many gray areas in them....and as technology progressed, some just aren't needed any more!!

There are rules?! LOL

IMO we only need 3 rules: Don't drop the F bomb; Don't bash the kids; and No politics, race or religion (there are plenty of other forums to discuss politics, race & religion).

and that's all I have to say about that :wave:

Rabid Cougar
08-14-2012, 09:36 AM

I actually joined the site in in 07 when I was in Iraq to follow my oldest son and the Cougars in the playoff run to state. I think I changed handles when I came back for some reason. Makes no difference, football season is upon us and all the non-football talk is about to meet an inglorious end....

and yes the school in Austin IS tu!

Z-RO
08-14-2012, 03:37 PM

I wasn't talking about you, you have always been cool :)

slpybear the bullfan
08-20-2012, 01:47 PM
I have been around since the 2001 season. I have seen a lot of folks come and go. I am not near as active anymore as my life interests have changed and I spend more time with other hobbys. Oh, and that little thing called children. YIKES!

For the past several years I have only been on during the season. Afterwards, this bear goes off and hibernates. Coming out, oh, just about this time each year.

I would agree that we probably need to revamp the rules abit. But also would like to point out the other side; for all the "loosen it up" comments posted on here, you guys probably never saw the how many posters complained. I mean, ask RangerMom, Pirate4State, LHPM, Old Green and others about all the time spent sifting through an email box of people reporting others for stuff they didn't like. It would amaze you at times.

Just good perspective...

Trashman
08-20-2012, 01:52 PM

I agree, I like the old Lions site much better than the one of FB.

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I miss IHStangfan

And Keith7

And carter08

And kepdawg

And all the Snyder/sweetwater stuff

Idk why pancho doesn't post anymore

G$$ threatened to come to my house and beat the crap outta me when I was like 14. Good times

I miss when cuero was good, especially gobbla's posts

I could go on and on.

Btw it's no secret I'm on about my 7th or 8th name. It's been a while since I've been banned though and I was probably the most recent ROMee.

Cam
08-20-2012, 03:06 PM

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/902664_700b.jpg

Dammit!....ban Z-RO now!!!.......:crazy1:

Sweetwater Red
08-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I know for me, the main reason I was always on this site was because of the people. Now all the main people I care to keep in touch with, I do, outside the forum. It is so much easier to text, e-mail and/or use Twitter/Facebook to keep in touch and not have to read through a bunch of crap from people I don't care about. :D

What she said....well except for the mean part. Lol

garciap77
08-20-2012, 07:54 PM

I wished Go Blue was still with us! Maybe you can get him back!;)

garciap77
08-20-2012, 07:57 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

Cam
08-21-2012, 10:40 AM

....what an un-caring son bitch!!......:bigcry:.....just kiddin' pirate...just kiddin'...