PDA

View Full Version : Places to stay, eat and things to do in Argyle

ccmom
08-11-2012, 10:01 PM
To my kmowledge, week 0 will be my maiden voyage to Argyle to watch the Eagles and the Bulldogs. Regaleagle, or anyone else have any suggestions for us? Also, do you have a feeling this early as to what we will see from the Eagles after last season's impressive run? It's almost here and I'm getting excited!!!

regaleagle
08-11-2012, 10:13 PM
You can drive 6 miles on 407 into Flower Mound and hit many restaurants and shopping, no problem. Just depends on what kind of tastes you have that day, I guess. As far as the Eagles, I'm not quite sure how good they will be starting out this season. We have a core of experienced players on both sides of the ball, but lost a great qb and some very good senior players from a deep class. I'm looking at the game to be a toss-up...only because it's at Argyle. If we were traveling to Abilene, I'd give Wylie the edge.

ccmom
08-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Any recommendations for hotels near the stadium? We are thinking of staying after the game and spending Saturday in the metroplex. Driving round trip in one night appeals to me less and less as I get older.

orange machine
08-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Reagal your a funny man always down playing them Eagles. Your Eagles will be flying high and we all know that.

regaleagle
08-12-2012, 12:16 AM
There's a good assortment of hotels at varying prices in very close proximity to Argyle. Only about 8 miles south of us on I-35 to Ft. Worth, there's lots of choices by the Texas Motor Speedway. I don't know what kind of amenities you are looking for, but you can google the area and there are lots of choices at different price points. And as far as downplaying the Eagles, Orange.....it's always better to err on the side of cautious optimism when talking about the opening week starting a new qb. According to what I have read, Wylie will bring in a team with a similar amount of returnees, but with more seniors leading the way.

orange machine
08-12-2012, 12:43 AM
I agree that its difficult starting with a new qb, but y'all will make the adjustments and not skip to many beats.

regaleagle
08-12-2012, 12:55 AM
I assume you mean you don't expect Argyle to get beat very many times this season....we certainly do want to skip as many "beats" as possible, lol. It would be nice to meet your Bobcats in Week 10 with a stellar record, but our predistrict schedule will test this team's mettle, IMO. Coach Rodgers did a good job matching us up with very competitive teams this season before we get to district play.

ccmom
08-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Oh, ok. I wasn't sure where Argyle is exactly, but I'm semi familiar with that area. There should be a variety of places to stay and shop. Thanks!

regaleagle
08-12-2012, 08:04 AM
And FYI, ccmom....just so happens I know it takes about 2 hrs. 45 mins. to get from Abilene to Argyle. I have traveled that trek many times on my way to the deer lease in Big Lake, lol. It's a relatively easy non-stop drive really. Just hit the road and go. Be sure to be past the I35-820 exchange well ahead of 4 pm on Fridays. It can get cluttered there early.

orange machine
08-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm just saying I think y'all will be very good and wouldn't be surprised if y'all are not 9-0 coming into the Celina game. I honestly think that game is a toss up, but if I honestly had to pick a favorite it would be y'all.

Rabid Cougar
08-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Denton, Speedway (114-I35 Intersection) or Alliance for hotels. Pleanty of eats in Denton or Golden Triangle which is just north of the 287 split.

ccmom
08-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Denton, Speedway (114-I35 Intersection) or Alliance for hotels. Pleanty of eats in Denton or Golden Triangle which is just north of the 287 split.. Thanks! 2 hours and 45 minutes probably equals close to 4 hours with a carload of kids! Ha

regaleagle
08-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Well, when you get to Weatherford, you're only about 45 mins. away. Just look at it like that, and that'll make the trip seem shorter.

hollywood
08-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Oh, ok. I wasn't sure where Argyle is exactly, but I'm semi familiar with that area. There should be a variety of places to stay and shop. Thanks!

ccmom, there's a Marriot right across the street from the Texas Motor Speedway (Marriot at Champions Circle?) we've stayed at many times and is great. Not too far away from Argyle. 6-8 miles? It has a large outdoor pool, basketball and tennis courts AND also has a 18-hole golf course. It used to be the Doral Resort. I've been staying there for weekend getaways for the past 3-4 years. I haven't tried it recently, but we used to bid our own price by searching Alliance area on Priceline and get a room for $60/nt which is a good deal. Just make sure you select 4 star hotel in the Alliance area. It's the only 4 star hotel in that area so you always land that one. Anyway, good luck!

We'll be here week 0 with all the crickets and playing Mexican sweat with the Mexicans! :flaming:

Ranger Mom
08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Well, when you get to Weatherford, you're only about 45 mins. away. Just look at it like that, and that'll make the trip seem shorter.

I think I am reading it as she doesn't want to make the round trip because she wants to stay and shop.....she doesn't care how short the trip seems!! :cool:

ccmom
08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I think I am reading it as she doesn't want to make the round trip because she wants to stay and shop.....she doesn't care how short the trip seems!! :cool:Ding ding ding!!! :)

ccmom
08-13-2012, 06:21 PM
ccmom, there's a Marriot right across the street from the Texas Motor Speedway (Marriot at Champions Circle?) we've stayed at many times and is great. Not too far away from Argyle. 6-8 miles? It has a large outdoor pool, basketball and tennis courts AND also has a 18-hole golf course. It used to be the Doral Resort. I've been staying there for weekend getaways for the past 3-4 years. I haven't tried it recently, but we used to bid our own price by searching Alliance area on Priceline and get a room for $60/nt which is a good deal. Just make sure you select 4 star hotel in the Alliance area. It's the only 4 star hotel in that area so you always land that one. Anyway, good luck!

We'll be here week 0 with all the crickets and playing Mexican sweat with the Mexicans! :flaming:
Thanks for the info!!!

So sorry I will be missing the cricketfest this year...breaks my heart. :rolleyes: ;)

regaleagle
08-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh...OK. My bad. I hope y'all have a wing-ding of a good time that weekend, regardless of what the score ends up being.

Gsquared
08-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Shoping? Do you want me to send you my pant size and shirt size before you leave? I like presents.

Matthew328
08-14-2012, 08:37 AM
ccmom, you have a lot of options for hotels in either Denton, Alliance or the Fossil Creek area of North Fort Worth......tons of places to eat as well...I recommend from Argyle driving south on Hwy 377 into Roanoke....they have a Babe's Fried Chicken, Hard 8 BBQ, a great pizza place, Twisted Root Burger and a mexican place all in the old town area...about miles south of Argyle on 377...Argyle is basically at the intersection of FM 407 and Hwy 377

I'd recommend driving into North Fort Worth and staying in the Fossil Creek area, puts you closer to the Fort Worth area for shopping...Northeast Mall is about 10 min from Fossil Creek...beware 820 is under major construction

hollywood
08-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Southlake isn't too far away and has a nice shopping area. My family loves it. Me, not so much. Pocket book usually takes a good dent!

firstdown
08-14-2012, 03:38 PM
You might want to show up early on Friday to get a seat. If you guys travel well, which I'm sure y'all do your side will fill up pretty quick. See ya and have a safe trip.

ccmom
08-14-2012, 04:03 PM
You might want to show up early on Friday to get a seat. If you guys travel well, which I'm sure y'all do your side will fill up pretty quick. See ya and have a safe trip.

With it being such a long distance, and not a district or play off game, I'm betting we won't have a huge crowd. I'd like to be wrong about that, though.

Hollywood, I love me some Southlake shopping!!! :D