PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper MVP - Does your team have a superstar not on anyones radar?

Rattler
08-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Who should we be looking for?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Sintons no.20 Keith Garcia, he's a running back, punt returner, kickoff returner and even qb out of the wildcat and also plays cornerback. He started his first game in 2009 area playoff round as a freshman when the JV were called up and since then been the starting running back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1GJNyRg44

Eagle 1
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
A junior qb and a sophmore running back in Goldy. Even though we are a strong run team, our qb may have the best arm in the area in all classes.

icu812
08-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes and that is why we are a DCTF "darkhorse".

regaleagle
08-12-2012, 12:37 AM
No, at Argyle we don't have any secret weapons. Just tell Wally and everything is out in the open....no problems, Mate, lol. :blahblah:

Saggy Aggie
08-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Floyd Bess - RB from West Columbia. Hes put up pretty beast #'s the last 2 years as the 2nd string RB and now that hes going to be the #1 this season, im looking for a monster season.

2000+ yds and 25 -30 tds

Trashman
08-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Yes we do....but I'm not telling..........

j_dog
08-13-2012, 08:37 PM
:thinking:

Jasper has one or two. Will be revealed as the season progresses.

Chillfan
08-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Junior middle LB/RB (westley) and Junior Safety/RB (clark) should standout this year. Both started last year on defense as sophmores.

CTS
08-14-2012, 04:48 PM
La Marque has 2 sophomore TB's that are the REAL deal.

Gone Fishing
08-14-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say wimberley has 5!!! Wait, no 6!!!!!!!!

Ville-D
08-14-2012, 10:00 PM
We got nuthin' special. Just a bunch of lunch-pail toting, hard working, average Joes. :kiss:

Gone Fishing
08-14-2012, 10:05 PM
We got nuthin' special. Just a bunch of lunch-pail toting, hard working, average Joes. :kiss:

I was in Stephenville today Vill-D and I went into the ACE hardware, Grumps, and two convenient stores and no one I saw had front teeth. LOL

Old Tiger
08-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Well if I told ya he wouldn't be a sleeper then would he? ;)

Ville-D
08-15-2012, 07:53 AM
I was in Stephenville today Vill-D and I went into the ACE hardware, Grumps, and two convenient stores and no one I saw had front teeth. LOL

You should have let me know. I'd have bought you a burger.

neck_06
08-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Our D-coordinator can destroy a buffet like nobody's business... Does that count?

Gone Fishing
08-15-2012, 09:44 PM
You should have let me know. I'd have bought you a burger.

That would have been nice, thanks for the offer. Had to go see my baby girl real quick on something. I still can't figure out where ya'll live around there! LOL

ogg
08-15-2012, 10:08 PM

Yes, a qb by the name on Reed Jones.

Ville-D
08-15-2012, 10:26 PM
That would have been nice, thanks for the offer. Had to go see my baby girl real quick on something. I still can't figure out where ya'll live around there! LOL

I'm about 2 blocks from the High School... Close enough that I can hear the music crank up every day when practice starts. (working from home has its advantages)

defense51
08-16-2012, 01:25 AM
I think our d-line is full of unknown superstars that are about to breakout . #99 Fuller who any team that played us last year knows well will dominate and lead this group of young men.

tres beauties
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Right on about Fuller. If you're talking Alvarado defense, you also have to mention #12 Villareal. He had around 180 tackles last year. He's not a "sleeper" to folks around here but I don't know if too many others realize what a great season he had. In addition, #11 McNeil, will have to have a great season. He's been pretty good and with the graduation of other key DBs, it's his time to shine and he's very capable of doing so.

sinfan75
08-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Sintons no.20 Keith Garcia, he's a running back, punt returner, kickoff returner and even qb out of the wildcat and also plays cornerback. He started his first game in 2009 area playoff round as a freshman when the JV were called up and since then been the starting running back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1GJNyRg44QB Tyler Hanson is someone else to look for. This kid was meant to be a QB and just a sophmore. Sinton has lots of really good kids comin up over the next few years. Gonna be fun to see how far they can go.

YTBulldogs
08-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Yoakum sophomore Tre' Hights. Can't wait to see him perform. Kid is amazing, and had a great off season getting bigger, faster and will play several positions. Sure Cuero and Gonzales know's of him, not sure anyone else does.

YTBulldogs
08-17-2012, 09:00 AM
QB Tyler Hanson is someone else to look for. This kid was meant to be a QB and just a sophmore. Sinton has lots of really good kids comin up over the next few years. Gonna be fun to see how far they can go.

Should be a fun matchup with ya'll the next few years and hopefully even more over the years. So glad we added a great program like ya'lls to our schedule sinfan. Have a great year Sinton. Hope we can add some baseball game's with ya'll too?

Sville
08-17-2012, 01:23 PM

For Sville;

Offense- WR Jarrett Stidham, Soph. the kid is a phenom and the heir at QB

Defense- NG Kody Hook, Sr. Big kid at 6'3 280+ broke the SHS bench record this off-season with a lift of 405.

YTBulldogs
08-17-2012, 02:52 PM
For Sville;

Offense- WR Jarrett Stidham, Soph. the kid is a phenom and the heir at QB

Defense- NG Kody Hook, Sr. Big kid at 6'3 280+ broke the SHS bench record this off-season with a lift of 405.

Sville, we have one of those like ya'lls Hook kid. Big Willie Hights, a senior, not near that tall as Hooks---maybe 5'9". But, won the state 3A Power Lifting Title last year (http://thspa.us/athleteresults.aspx?passedAthleteID=142951). Yes, and cousin of Tre', whom I mentioned above. Big Willie will now play on the 0-line, the position I think he will dominate at. With his low attack on opponents, he get's the edge off the ball, and his strength, he'll control the block with excellent foot work, till he pancakes them. Scary strong this kid is. And, he always has a smile on his face. Fun kid to have around. Last year, he played nothing but defense, except when we went to the "heavy package" and he enters as a RB. His only carry last year, was versus Cuero and it was the game winner. No one stepped up, and tried to stop him at the 2 yard line. Smart. LOL.

Here's Willie's stats: http://thspa.us/athleteresults.aspx?passedAthleteID=142951

Third
08-20-2012, 10:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1GJNyRg44

Remember him all too well that night. Came out of nowhere with his swamp shoes and tore up Pearsall. That was a memorable game with the deluge that hit.

District 29-3A - Jordan Fraga, Devine, Sr. RB. Ran for 1,070 yards and 14 TDs behind some guy named Sadler.

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-21-2012, 08:53 AM
:ditto:
Right on about Fuller. If you're talking Alvarado defense, you also have to mention #12 Villareal. He had around 180 tackles last year. He's not a "sleeper" to folks around here but I don't know if too many others realize what a great season he had. In addition, #11 McNeil, will have to have a great season. He's been pretty good and with the graduation of other key DBs, it's his time to shine and he's very capable of doing so.

j_dog
08-25-2012, 07:55 PM

Jasper, WR De Marcus Collins. He can scoot!

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2012, 08:12 AM
I don't think he'd be considered a superstar, but I'm going to have to say that Jesse (J.J.) Perez is going to be a great asset this season!

jdawg2012
09-01-2012, 11:32 AM

I believe their Kicker Marco Lopez (Jr) is very talented. He hasn't done it during a game because he has never gotten an opportunity but I noticed that even last year as a sophomore he was making 45-50 yard FG's during warm-ups. And his kickoffs were always inside the 15 every time, even had a few touchbacks. May not sound impressive to some but for Jasper, its incredible because we have not had a kicker in a long time.

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Floyd Bess - RB from West Columbia. Hes put up pretty beast #'s the last 2 years as the 2nd string RB and now that hes going to be the #1 this season, im looking for a monster season.

2000+ yds and 25 -30 tds

Floyd Bess' stats last night:

18 carries, 174 yds. 2 TDs.
84 yd KO return TD.
Several tackles and a forced fumble on defense that was picked up and returned for a TD

1971Coogs
09-10-2012, 07:18 AM
La Marque has 2 sophomore TB's that are the REAL deal.Your statement is "Spot On" CTS.. The young Ellis-Jones is a slasher, a dasher and a bulldozer all in one.

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Floyd Bess' stats last night:

18 carries, 174 yds. 2 TDs.
84 yd KO return TD.
Several tackles and a forced fumble on defense that was picked up and returned for a TD

Floyd's week 1 performance:

14 carries, 120 yds. 2 TDs

6 tackles, 1 INT on defense.

regaleagle
09-12-2012, 11:00 PM
At this early-season juncture, I've surmised that Argyle DOES have a player not on most radars. It wouldn't be wise for me to divulge this player's name or position, but let's just say that by the end of the season most opponents will know it.:eek:

regaleagle
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
OK, the cat will be outta the bag anyways for all opposing coaches, so the fans might as well know who to keep tabs on as well. He's only a Soph. this season and played a backup role as a frosh on the varsity at rb. He's 6'0", 200 lbs., has speed, and is very powerful. His name is Nick Ralston. He will rush for 1200+ yds this season, and may eclipse 1500, barring any injuries that keep him out of games. Most teams will have to gang tackle him, and if he breaks thru the line, look out. He can take it to the house. If he averages 130 yds/game(currently at 400+ in 3) he'll get his 1200 in 10 plus he has the playoff games. Last week he had 180 against Paris. Sooner or later he'll have a big game of 225+ against somebody. And most of his yards are short, hard-fought ones where he is gang-tackled, dragging defenders and breaking tackles for more yards. He's earning it the old -fashioned way.....and you don't want to take him one-on-one, believe me. By season's end, Nick should be well-known in Region 2 anyway. And our opponents will get 2 more years defending against this beast of a running back. Good luck to all that meet up with him on the field. You WILL remember him after the game.

Saggy Aggie
09-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Floyd's week 1 performance:

14 carries, 120 yds. 2 TDs

6 tackles, 1 INT on defense.

Floyd Bess' stats from Week 2:

19 carries, 136 yds. 1 Td.

9 tackles. 1 KO return for 41 yds.

Season totals thru 3 games:

52 carries for 429 yds, (8.25 ypc), 5 TDS.

22 tackles. 1 INT, 1 Forced fumble. 1 KO return TD.