PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Talk...

Bullaholic
08-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I thought the following article was a pretty comprehensive snapshot of the Cowboys right now:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4695219/camp-confidential-dallas-cowboys-2

Roughneck93
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Miles Austin and his hamstrings are concerning.

Would you guys be in favor in signing Plax at this point?

Pendragon13
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Would you guys be in favor in signing Plax at this point?I'm not sure Plax is the best option, but they need to do something if none of the younger receivers in camp step up to the plate. In my experience, hamstring injuries take a long time to fully heal, and even if Austin does come back pretty quickly he might not be the same...remember the downfall of Marion Barber started with a hamstring injury.

Macarthur
08-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Would you guys be in favor in signing Plax at this point?

I would not be opposed to Plax. I've read that his episode has really humbled him. And he was still very productive last year with regards to 3rd down catches and TDs. If his attitude is improved, as has been reported, he might just be a perfect fit because he can still be a big threat in the red zone.

Having said that, I think there will be a couple of better (and younger) options out there when teams make thier final cuts.

Roughneck93
08-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I would sign Plax now. Bet he won't cost you much. Something similar to the T.O. deal in Seattle.

Miles' injuries and Dez's disappearing acts in the second half are enough for me to pull the trigger.

injuredinmelee
08-11-2012, 01:30 PM
7-9 maybe 8-8. I charge you to find me where they made ANY significant offseason improvements? Sure they drafted Claiborne but did they get any safety help? Claiborne already injured, Jenkins lays on the ground more than any player in the NFL, OL is still a joke and those jokes cant stay healthy through the first week of camp. Nothing will improve until Dallas gets a REAL GM.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2012, 02:54 PM
7-9 maybe 8-8. I charge you to find me where they made ANY significant offseason improvements? Sure they drafted Claiborne but did they get any safety help? Claiborne already injured, Jenkins lays on the ground more than any player in the NFL, OL is still a joke and those jokes cant stay healthy through the first week of camp. Nothing will improve until Dallas gets a REAL GM.

Not only did they get Clairborne but they got Brandon Carr who is having a hell of a camp...they replaced to old ILB with Connor and Bruce Carter to go along side Lee...The safety play is already better with Church having a hell of a camp

SintonFan_inAustin
08-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Not only did they get Clairborne but they got Brandon Carr who is having a hell of a camp...they replaced to old ILB with Connor and Bruce Carter to go along side Lee...The safety play is already better with Church having a hell of a camphopefully the secondary late game problems get taken care of this season. They had several games where the secondary gave up big plays late after the offense had gone ahead late. Maybe it's a coaching thing or a player thing but if that area improves this season it'll be a much better season to look forward to.

Roughneck93
08-15-2012, 08:13 PM
And now comes the news that Jason Witten suffered a lacerated spleen during Monday night's game. Out the remainder of the preseason, uncertain for Week 1. :ack!:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8271177/jason-witten-dallas-cowboys-slightly-lacerated-spleen