PDA

View Full Version : Should Texas run the slot t?

Old Tiger
08-08-2012, 11:43 AM
question

Trashman
08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
only if they want to get beat by Liberty Hill...

Macarthur
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Explain what you mean by the slot t.

Old Tiger
08-08-2012, 12:13 PM
ash/overstreet QB
bergeron fb
gray tb
brown hb

Rabid Cougar
08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Not unless they want to be pummeled by every team they play (Which I wouldn't mind by the way) and get their QB's killed.

Macarthur
08-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Well, the thing is, you just have to be able to throw the ball to win the conference. You simply can't be one dimensional. Texas can be in the better half of the league and be one dimensional because their defense is so good. However, they're not going to beat WV, OU and maybe even TCU & KSU by being one dimensional. Good coaches like Patterson and Stoops will generally do a pretty good job of taking something away.

bobcat1
08-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Only if they get the dealer from the LH 2006 team. Kid was slick.

zebrablue2
08-08-2012, 06:26 PM
question

Oh, no doubt they should run it:evillol:

wedo
08-08-2012, 06:46 PM
question

maybe the wing-t.....burgeron FB, Gray TB, Brown Wing

theville
08-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Run the wishbone. Berg at FB, Gray and Brown both TB's. Balance everything out.

Fun to speculate.

HSFB
08-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Well, the thing is, you just have to be able to throw the ball to win the conference. You simply can't be one dimensional. Texas can be in the better half of the league and be one dimensional because their defense is so good. However, they're not going to beat WV, OU and maybe even TCU & KSU by being one dimensional. Good coaches like Patterson and Stoops will generally do a pretty good job of taking something away.

they will be one demensional regardless of what O they run....

That said, I do think that it would work for them as they will out talent every Big 12 team and 95% of teams in other conferences. Play sound D, run an O that NO opponents D Coord will have experience defending...at least recently. Texas would win the Big 12 running the Slot T and then it is a toss-up after that.

Manso/V8
08-08-2012, 10:47 PM
If Texas were to run the slot t.......some south Texas high school DC's could make some quick money as consultants.

regaleagle
08-09-2012, 06:50 AM
I think running the "I" may be a formation Texas could lineup in and still be able to pass the ball occasionally, just to keep the opposing D honest. That way, they can still run the ball predominately, and use the speed and power of the backs.

LionFan72
08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Texas should be capable of "running" any formation they choose to line up in with the talent in the backfield, the question remains what will the passing game be? Mack has to make a choice, and stick with it.

Macarthur
08-09-2012, 12:01 PM
they will be one demensional regardless of what O they run....

That said, I do think that it would work for them as they will out talent every Big 12 team and 95% of teams in other conferences. Play sound D, run an O that NO opponents D Coord will have experience defending...at least recently. Texas would win the Big 12 running the Slot T and then it is a toss-up after that.

I'm sorry but I do not think this is true. I think everyone gets fooled by recruiting rankings but UT has not been 'far superior' talent-wise lately. In the last two NFL drafts, UT has the same number of draft picks as TCU and only one more than A&M and OSU. OU has several more as has Baylor! While I think most of us would agree that UT is talented, I think we need to tap the brakes on this feeling we've had for the past decade that they are just head and shoulders above everyone. UT is a 13-12 team the last two seasons.

Let me say this, if they have the attitude that they can just come out and load up the run and 'out talent' OU, OU will beat them by 30 points this year. YOu need to give a little more credit to guys like Stoops and Patterson.

I think if you think UT can do nothing but run the ball and just roll over all the conference, you not being realistic. That will work with Baylor (will take a step or two back this year), ISU, Kansas, etc., but UT is going to have their hands full with OU, WV & TCU.

garciap77
08-09-2012, 12:51 PM
only if they want to get beat by liberty hill...

lol lol lol

Cam
08-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Jaxon and all the other receivers would transfer.....