PDA

View Full Version : Houston Chronicle 23-3A Preview

CTS
08-07-2012, 04:28 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/High-school-football-tour-District-23-3A-3767065.php

cougartino
08-07-2012, 10:39 AM
HISD's playoff road still goes through La Marque. Kashmere or Worthing will understand we ain't black urban football. I purposely omitted Sterling not because they may not make the playoffs, but because they discovered last year what we are about.

NHSBulldog75
08-07-2012, 04:27 PM
HISD's playoff road still goes through La Marque. Kashmere or Worthing will understand we ain't black urban football. I purposely omitted Sterling not because they may not make the playoffs, but because they discovered last year what we are about.

You need to start looking past just yourself and the road to the state championship, and keep an eye on your district as well. Two-time state semifinalist Columbia and all-sports powerhouse Sweeny will also be there to shut down the Houston schools first trip to the AAA playofffs. The Coogs may have blasted an H-town school in last years playoffs, but the Roughnecks crushed them in the regular season.

C-Tino...I think we will enjoy your participation here on the Downlow, but give the Brazoria County schools a little credit when you are bashing the Houston schools! We both represent the same district!

Go Roughnecks!!

cougartino
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
You need to start looking past just yourself and the road to the state championship, and keep an eye on your district as well. Two-time state semifinalist Columbia and all-sports powerhouse Sweeny will also be there to shut down the Houston schools first trip to the AAA playofffs. The Coogs may have blasted an H-town school in last years playoffs, but the Roughnecks crushed them in the regular season.

C-Tino...I think we will enjoy your participation here on the Downlow, but give the Brazoria County schools a little credit when you are bashing the Houston schools! We both represent the same district!

Go Roughnecks!!

Let me give you a little context. I grew up in Houston and know how terrible they are in football. (By the way I won't make that statement about their basketball). For years in 4A, every HISD team we met in playoffs went on 97.9 and 102 about how they were going to get over on us. It never happened! Then they move down to 3A hoping for a reprieve. And who will they run into again? Us! Stayed tuned to the radio come playoff time.

CTS
08-07-2012, 05:45 PM

Go Roughnecks!!

He's not talking about the HISD team we beat in the playoffs (Sharpstown 46-7....40-0 at halftime). He's talking about Houston Wheatley (75-6...backups playing in the 2nd Quarter) and Houston Sterling (60-0...1 first down).

As far as not looking past our district...From my very first post I have shown respect for both Columbia and Sweeny. So this will probably be the CLOSEST thing you will hear to smack talking coming from me all year.

1) They both have to come to Etheredge. Enough said there.

2) I'm afraid they are about to find out we are a little bit tougher than anyone in Region IV was the last 2 years.

That being said...I hope West Columbia wins state in DI and I hope LM-Sweeny play in the 4th round DII.

Gone Fishing
08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
He's not talking about the HISD team we beat in the playoffs (Sharpstown 46-7....40-0 at halftime). He's talking about Houston Wheatley (75-6...backups playing in the 2nd Quarter) and Houston Sterling (60-0...1 first down).

As far as not looking past our district...From my very first post I have shown respect for both Columbia and Sweeny. So this will probably be the CLOSEST thing you will hear to smack talking coming from me all year.

2) I'm afraid they are about to find out we are a little bit tougher than anyone in Region IV was the last 2 years.

That being said...I hope West Columbia wins state in DI and I hope LM-Sweeny play in the 4th round DII.

#2 ? watch yourself now CTS - I know a really good team that came out of region 4 the last two years! Lol

CTS
08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
#2 ? watch yourself now CTS - I know a really good team that came out of region 4 the last two years! Lol

You know I love them Texans. I meant anyone in Region IV on WC's schedule. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. I know you guys got Sweeny. I should have clarified. :)

Tejastrue
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM

You know I love them Texans. I meant anyone in Region IV on WC's schedule. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. I know you guys got Sweeny. I should have clarified. :)

I think he's backpedaling GF...what do you think? :stirpot: Lol..

CTS
08-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I think he's backpedaling GF...what do you think? :stirpot: Lol..

It's called showing respect for the champs. :)

That being said I believe it's a new year....

Dub-C
08-07-2012, 11:11 PM

It should be interesting this season to say the least.

Roughneck93
08-07-2012, 11:12 PM
24-3A will sweep HISD in the first round.

Tejastrue
08-08-2012, 12:16 PM
It's called showing respect for the champs. :)

That being said I believe it's a new year....

Indeed it is but we are still champs until they crown a new one. We just might like to hold onto it a little longer. If you guys make it, as some predict, you will have earned it.