PDA

View Full Version : Suggest me some Wimberley eats

Cam
08-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I get to go to one of my favorite little towns for the Burnet-Wimberley scrimmage. I've been there many times but never eaten there. Any suggestions from anyone? Does anyone want to treat me?.....Is Cam even welcome?.......:crazy1:

ogg
08-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I get to go to one of my favorite little towns for the Burnet-Wimberley scrimmage. I've been there many times but never eaten there. Any suggestions from anyone? Does anyone want to treat me?.....Is Cam even welcome?.......:crazy1:

I like Inoz in the Square.

greendawg84
08-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Nope ,,,, and prolly not !:kiss:

Cam
08-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Nope ,,,, and prolly not !:kiss:

you stay out of this Greendawg!......

Tejastrue
08-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Nope...always welcomed..just close the gate on your way out. Lol..

http://www.katesplacewimberley.com/

http://www.leaningpear.com/

FB-fanatic
08-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Pie Factory?

Tejastrue
08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Pie Factory?

The plan is for him not to stay but here you go..:wave:

http://www.wimberleypie.com/

Gone Fishing
08-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Double cheeseburger basket at the Burger Barn. Its not quite Storm's, but on some days its close. Been serving burgers in Wimberley since mid 60's. Plus its only a 9 iron from the Pie Company....

rb585
08-05-2012, 08:03 PM
One of the worst things about living here is that there seriously isn't a really good restaurant in Wimberley.

Burger Barn has been here the longest, but I don't know how.

Inoz is all pre-prepared food. I only go there for the alcohol.

Mexican places come and go. There are about 10 places in San Marcos better than Mima's.

Leaning Pear? Really?

Miss Mae's does decent BBQ, but I do better. Haven't been to Kate's Place, but you might try it.

Yoe_09
08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I was actually not that impressed with Storm's when I went in their recently, but it just could have been a bad day.

Tejastrue
08-05-2012, 08:49 PM
rb585..Really? To each his own. Sorry, didn't know you were Wimberley's highly acclaimed food critic. Lol..

Old Tiger
08-05-2012, 10:27 PM
I was actually not that impressed with Storm's when I went in their recently, but it just could have been a bad day.

It's because you are from Cameron ...yall just don't get it. Jk

greendawg84
08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
you stay out of this Greendawg!......

After reading I would leave early and stop at the Blue Bonnet Cafe brother. That is a fail proof plan ! I will meet you there if you are buying !

Tejastrue
08-06-2012, 12:02 PM
After reading I would leave early and stop at the Blue Bonnet Cafe brother. That is a fail proof plan ! I will meet you there if you are buying !

Can't go wrong there but where is Cam? Surely you know he'll not pick up the ticket. Probably offended that none of the Wimberley folk have offered to comp his meal. Lol..

Cam
08-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Can't go wrong there but where is Cam? Surely you know he'll not pick up the ticket. Probably offended that none of the Wimberley folk have offered to comp his meal. Lol..

....offended....and very hurt!......:weeping:

GreenMonster
08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I dont know and I dont care, but give Coach Nelms and the boys a wave for me. I had the great pleasure of playing for him on one of his previous stops

Sportshack
08-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Brewster's Pizza at the junction of 12 & 32. Pizza is pretty good and they brew their own beer. Also, in keeping with football theme, the owner played for the San Fransico 49'ers in the Joe Montana era...big dude. He, his wife, and 13 kids run the place...so kind of a keep Wimberley weirder vibe to it!

greendawg84
08-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Brewster's Pizza at the junction of 12 & 32. Pizza is pretty good and they brew their own beer. Also, in keeping with football theme, the owner played for the San Fransico 49'ers in the Joe Montana era...big dude. He, his wife, and 13 kids run the place...so kind of a keep Wimberley weirder vibe to it!

13 KIDS !!!! I will no longer complain about the amount of food it takes to feed my 3 boys again.

Cam , we should meet there and spend some of YOUR money to help support this dudes off spring.....

rb585
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
rb585..Really? To each his own. Sorry, didn't know you were Wimberley's highly acclaimed food critic. Lol..

I actually am!

Seriously though, does it not surprise you how often restaurants come and go in this town?

I've been here 12 years, and by my count, the only places that have been continuously open during that entire time have been Burger Barn (yeesh), Miss Mae's (like I said, decent BBQ, but I'm spoiled by having Llano and Luling so close), Mima's (good breakfast, but enchiladas don't compare to plenty of places in San Marcos), and Pizza Hut and Dairy Queen. That's kind of crazy.

Gone Fishing
08-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I actually am!

Seriously though, does it not surprise you how often restaurants come and go in this town?

I've been here 12 years, and by my count, the only places that have been continuously open during that entire time have been Burger Barn (yeesh), Miss Mae's (like I said, decent BBQ, but I'm spoiled by having Llano and Luling so close), Mima's (good breakfast, but enchiladas don't compare to plenty of places in San Marcos), and Pizza Hut and Dairy Queen. That's kind of crazy.

You may be a great acclaimed critic, but you lost my vote if you count Miss Mae, as good bbq.. (yeesh) lol... Luling and Lockhart are plenty close when you need a real bbq fix.

Tejastrue
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I actually am!

Yeah, you are right about how many have come and gone. Juan Henry's I really liked until the last year or two before it closed. Service and food both suffered for whatever reason. Has anyone tried Cawley's yet? There's an article in the Wednesday's (8th) Wimberley paper. As Sportshack mentioned I also like Brewster's Pizza and then the Wimberley Cafe for breakfast.

Sportshack
08-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I actually am!

For the record...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE living in Wimberley....BUT...good restaurants is definitely not one of the reasons!!! I mean...heck...the local Shamrock gas station in packed cuz of their tacos!!!

Tejastrue
08-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry Cam..maybe you should pack a lunch when you come down our way or stop off in Llano and pick up plenty of BBQ for us quality food starved Wimberley folk!! Lol..

Cam
08-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Sorry Cam..maybe you should pack a lunch when you come down our way or stop off in Llano and pick up plenty of BBQ for us quality food starved Wimberley folk!! Lol..

Either that or my wife and I can cook up a crapload of our own version of stuffed bell peppers like you've never seen before!....Stuffed with chunks of meat, potato, cheese, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, etc.....these things look like they're about to burst unlike the flat as a pancake stuffed peppers you see at most restaurants............

Gone Fishing
08-08-2012, 06:37 PM
You could always stop off at the Bowling Alley in Blanco, can't go wrong there! and Wimberley is just another 25 minutes and you come in on the stadium side of town..

Cam
08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
You could always stop off at the Bowling Alley in Blanco, can't go wrong there! and Wimberley is just another 25 minutes and you come in on the stadium side of town..

that reminds me...there's a kickass steak place in Blanco. Ate there awhile back so I can't remember the name....

Old Tiger
08-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Does Wimberely have a cowboy church? Or is there one close to San Marcos?

Tejastrue
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
http://cowboysforjesus.com/

You gonna live around here you gotta learn to spell Wimberley.

Old Tiger
08-09-2012, 02:42 PM
http://cowboysforjesus.com/

You gonna live around here you gotta learn to spell Wimberley.Why can't I just be a snoody canyon lake person? lol

Tejastrue
08-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Well, they do cover their local hs sports better, especially football. We could use another district rival on here. Lol.

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/

rb585
08-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Anyone who delivers Cooper's to my house is a friend for life!

Tejastrue
08-11-2012, 08:11 PM
:spitlol:Lol..

Cam
08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
well.....guess no ones treatin'!......."alone again....naturally"......

wimbo_pro
08-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I like the Cypress Creek Cafe. It can vary (as they all do in Wimberley), but it has the widest selection and usually the best food. The burgers are great there too!

Tejastrue
08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
well.....guess no ones treatin'!......."alone again....naturally"......

Sorry Cam..we are not the Richie Riches everyone has portrayed us to be..maybe tightwads..lol I have not been to the Cypress Creek Cafe since the new owners took over (yeah it's been a while) but have heard a lot of good things.

1st and goal
08-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Cam, you got to remember, these are the same peeps that didn't want to send their "robin hood" school taxes to the state so that the state could redistribute it the poor schools.... Don't get me going, I hate property taxes and robin hood too.....

So, since they sent ALL their money to the poor schools, how do you expect them to afford a hamburger??? Now if you were to shoot one of them deers in your yard and grind it up with some pork...they might light a pit for you if you bring the sausage....just sayin'...