PDA

View Full Version : Most exciting games this year

orange machine
08-02-2012, 10:00 PM
What games do you think will be great games?
Celina vs Argyle
Celina vs Melissa
Stephenville vs La Vega

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Alvarado vs. Stephenville
Alvarado vs. FW Southwest

varsity parent
08-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Stephenville vs LaVega. And it is likely that if the Jackets are already seeing a "W", they could get keel-hauled by the Pirates, and lose their "stingers". Lots of speed on both sides of the ball, and they will not be the least bit intimidated by Stephenville. But hey, I have read the previous posts, "the jackets are used to seeing speed". So it should be a good match-up as well as the Indians and the Jackets.

HEMOTOXIC
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Coldspring @ Navasota
#3 (2A) Lexington @ #3 (3A) Navasota
(4A) Austin McCallum @ Navasota

A few other that I wouldn't mind seeing:

Coldspring @ La Marque
West Columbia @ La Marque

Bellville @ El Campo

Giddings vs Liberty Hill
Giddings @ Wimberley
Giddings @ Bellville

toddg
08-02-2012, 10:55 PM
i think Alvarado vs. China Spring will be exciting.

gatordaze
08-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Prestonwood v. Henderson

Rabid Cougar
08-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Stephanville vs LaVega? Why not just China Spring vs LaVega Or just every 17 3A game not involving West and leave it at that.

gtownfan
08-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Coldspring @ Navasota

Coldspring @ La Marque

Bellville @ El Campo

Giddings vs Liberty Hill
Giddings @ Wimberley
Giddings @ Bellville

Not sure Lexington (2A Div II) is going to be all that exciting. The Rattlers should not have much trouble with them.

I'd add Giddings versus La Grange, it's always a good one no matter what the record.

It's going to be an interesting year for the buffs. Whole new o-line with pretty good running backs (Glenn recently committed to Univ of Houston). Hearing the new coach is placing a stronger emphasis on strength and conditioning than he did last year. No sure what to expect this year.

Gone Fishing
08-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Coldspring @ Navasota

Coldspring @ La Marque

Bellville @ El Campo

Giddings vs Liberty Hill
Giddings @ Wimberley
Giddings @ Bellville

I like Giddings at Wimberley too, Also Wimberley at Liberty Hill

varsity parent
08-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Stephanville vs LaVega? Why not just China Spring vs LaVega Or just every 17 3A game not involving West and leave it at that.Good point

hollywood
08-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Stephenville vs Monterrey Tech, Mexico... could be fireworks involved. :helpme:

Actually, Stephenvilles first 4 games of the season!

0 8/31-Friday vs. Monterrey Tech, Mexico 7:30pm
1 9/7-Friday vs. Aledo 7:30pm
2 9/15-Saturday vs. Beaumont Ozen @ Kincaide Stadium, Dallas 1:00pm
3 9/21-Friday @ Waco La Vega 7:30pm

toddg
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Stephenville vs Monterrey Tech, Mexico... could be fireworks involved. :helpme:

Actually, Stephenvilles first 4 games of the season!

0 8/31-Friday vs. Monterrey Tech, Mexico 7:30pm
1 9/7-Friday vs. Aledo 7:30pm
2 9/15-Saturday vs. Beaumont Ozen @ Kincaide Stadium, Dallas 1:00pm
3 9/21-Friday @ Waco La Vega 7:30pm

the first team to start 0-4 to win a state championship:thumbsup:...make that 0-5 cause Amarillo wont be a walk in the park either:taunt:

hollywood
08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, let's just get down to it toddg! :tisk:

0 8/31-Friday vs. Monterrey Tech, Mexico 7:30pm ------------------------ W by 5 TDs
1 9/7-Friday vs. Aledo 7:30pm ------------------------------------------ W by 2 TDs
2 9/15-Saturday vs. Beaumont Ozen @ Kincaide Stadium, Dallas 1:00pm --- W by 3 TDs
3 9/21-Friday @ Waco La Vega 7:30pm---------------------------------- W by 2 TDs
4 9/29-Saturday vs. Amarillo High @ Synder 2:00pm----------------------- W by 2 TDs
5 10/5-Friday Open -
6 10/12-Friday vs. Glen Rose * ## 7:30pm-------------------------------- W by 5 TDs
7 10/19-Friday @ Alvarado * 7:30pm-------------------------------------- W by 3 TDs
8 10/26-Friday vs. Venus * # 7:30pm------------------------------------- W by as many as they want
9 11/2-Friday @ Hillsboro * 7:30pm--------------------------------------- W by as many as they want

:doh: ponder on that big boy! :clap:;)

toddg
08-03-2012, 11:58 AM

0 8/31-Friday vs. Monterrey Tech, Mexico 7:30pm ------------------------ W by 5 TDs
1 9/7-Friday vs. Aledo 7:30pm ------------------------------------------ W by 2 TDs
2 9/15-Saturday vs. Beaumont Ozen @ Kincaide Stadium, Dallas 1:00pm --- W by 3 TDs
3 9/21-Friday @ Waco La Vega 7:30pm---------------------------------- W by 2 TDs
4 9/29-Saturday vs. Amarillo High @ Synder 2:00pm----------------------- W by 2 TDs
5 10/5-Friday Open -
6 10/12-Friday vs. Glen Rose * ## 7:30pm-------------------------------- W by 5 TDs
7 10/19-Friday @ Alvarado * 7:30pm-------------------------------------- W by 3 TDs
8 10/26-Friday vs. Venus * # 7:30pm------------------------------------- W by as many as they want
9 11/2-Friday @ Hillsboro * 7:30pm--------------------------------------- W by as many as they want

i saw a very different version in my vision quest..the flames do not lie in the sweat lodge my friend...:smoker:

HEMOTOXIC
08-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Not sure Lexington (2A Div II) is going to be all that exciting. The Rattlers should not have much trouble with them.

I'd add Giddings versus La Grange, it's always a good one no matter what the record.

It's going to be an interesting year for the buffs. Whole new o-line with pretty good running backs (Glenn recently committed to Univ of Houston). Hearing the new coach is placing a stronger emphasis on strength and conditioning than he did last year. No sure what to expect this year.

I agree, Navasota should win that game, however, Lexington has great tradition. It will be the first time that the two schools have played. I just want to see what the Eagles are all about.

Yes, I left that game out unattentionally. La Grange could be very strong this season.

ogg
08-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I like Giddings at Wimberley too, Also Wimberley at Liberty Hill

+1 Liberty Hill and Wimberley

Cam
08-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Lookin' forward to Burnet vs. Brownwood - New coach Jones vs. his mentor Shipley
Also vs. Liberty Hill cause we just don't like the color purple!...:evilgrin:
And really lookin' forward to our non-district annual grudge match with 4A Marble Falls...especially now with Dodge there..

garciap77
08-03-2012, 12:33 PM

5 10/5-Friday Open -

Tres y Siete!:thinking:

Ville-D
08-03-2012, 12:49 PM

3 and 7...

Math Challenged?

toddg
08-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Lookin' forward to Burnet vs. Brownwood - New coach Jones vs. his mentor Shipley
Also vs. Liberty Hill cause we just don't like the color purple!...:evilgrin:
And really lookin' forward to our non-district annual grudge match with 4A Marble Falls...especially now with Dodge there..
Purple reigns supreme...get used to it..:wave:

Ville-D
08-03-2012, 01:17 PM

I've always heard something about the color purple... I just can seem to remember what it was... It had something to do with rainbows and San Francisco. I'm sure one of you purple-nurple fans'll fill us in.

hollywood
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM

And let's not forget the 'Wood is Jones' alma matar. That will be an emotional game for Jones.. take that as a positive or negative. ;)

hollywood
08-03-2012, 01:21 PM

Que? nueve y pone a cero!!

Only 9 regular season games this year Garcia. ;)

Ville-D
08-03-2012, 01:37 PM

Did you mean 3 wins and 6 losses or 2 wins and 7 losses.

Either way, In your opinion how would AW fair with this schedule (You shouldn't base your answer on the fact that Stephenville has destroyed AW the past 2 years, but it is probably hard to get that out of your head)

Don't just throw random numbers out there. If you are going to take a shot then at least back it up.

Cam
08-03-2012, 02:10 PM

....let me guess.....you used to watch Barney The Dinosaur?.....Ok then, I'll forgive ya....you can't help it!.....I met Barney once when I lived in Dallas...I first met one of his creators...some gal named Sheryl I believe....anyway, I met Barney at a promo function. I was asked to do some photography.....But things went terribly bad when I walked into the mens bathroom, opened the stall door, and caught Barney and Baby-Bop "purple-handed"!!!..well, actually, only Baby-Bop had a handful of purple......course, Barney had his usual distinct grin on his face....as you would expect!.........I really messed that one up cause I didn't have my camera at the ready...that pic alone coulda made me millions!.......:doh:...........and that's the true story of the color purple!......

defense51
08-03-2012, 02:27 PM
....let me guess.....you used to watch Barney The Dinosaur?.....Ok then, I'll forgive ya....you can't help it!.....I met Barney once when I lived in Dallas...I first met one of his creators...some gal named Sheryl I believe....anyway, I met Barney at a promo function. I was asked to do some photography.....But things went terribly bad when I walked into the mens bathroom, opened the stall door, and caught Barney and Baby-Bop "purple-handed"!!!..well, actually, only Baby-Bop had a handful of purple......course, Barney had his usual distinct grin on his face....as you would expect!.........I really messed that one up cause I didn't have my camera at the ready...that pic alone coulda made me millions!.......:doh:...........and that's the true story of the color purple!......
I bet your mental Health doctor absolutely loves you Cam. :crazy:

ccmom
08-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Either way, In your opinion how would AW fair with this schedule (You shouldn't base your answer on the fact that Stephenville has destroyed AW the past 2 years, but it is probably hard to get that out of your head)

Don't just throw random numbers out there. If you are going to take a shot then at least back it up.

Simmer down...good grief!! The post was directed to hollywood. It's a long standing joke about Brownwood's record the first year they dropped to 3A. Relax. Not everything is an insult to your precious jackets. :rolleyes:

defense51
08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Beaumont Ozen may give Stephenville more than they bargain for if they're not prepared. They have a new defensive coordinator Eddy Hatch who can put together a pretty good defense.

defense51
08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I've always heard something about the color purple... I just can seem to remember what it was... It had something to do with rainbows and San Francisco. I'm sure one of you purple-nurple fans'll fill us in.

fans'll?

toddg
08-03-2012, 02:37 PM

Hush!-Deep Purple 1968

Sville
08-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Beaumont Ozen may give Stephenville more than they bargain for if they're not prepared. They have a new defensive coordinator Eddy Hatch who can put together a pretty good defense.

I agree, Ozen went 3 rounds deep last year losing to LM by 12 and they return some big time talent. There won't be anybody we play all year that will have more speed than Ozen. They very well could be the best team we play in non-district.

Cam
08-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Hush!-Deep Purple 1968

Jon Lord...RIP.....

toddg
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM

you're thinkin of a different shade of Purple...Indian purple is purple steel..matches perfectly with the district trophy:cheerl:

Cam
08-03-2012, 03:29 PM
I bet your mental Health doctor absolutely loves you Cam. :crazy:

well.....YES!.......actually, he can't stand me......last time I was there he held up two fingers and asked, "How many fingers do you see?".........I responded with, "Five!...two pointing up and three folded...unless of course you're one of them idiots who doesn't count the thumb as a finger, then I'll say two fingers pointing up, two fingers folded, plus one folded thumb! Look doc, the fingers and thumbs are known as digits. The thumb is said to be opposable to the fingers. Something about an extra phalanges......So, by definition, the thumb is both a finger and not a finger. Finger can mean any of the four digits besides the thumb OR any digit including the thumb. It is up to the person to decide whether or not the thumb is considered a finger...and right now the way I'm feelin', I'm gonna say yes the thumb is a finger and I'll stick to my five finger answer!"

He looked at me funny, mumbled somethin', and the appointment was over......and I still got the bill in the mail!.......

hollywood
08-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Simmer down...good grief!! The post was directed to hollywood. It's a long standing joke about Brownwood's record the first year they dropped to 3A. Relax. Not everything is an insult to your precious jackets. :rolleyes:

LOL ccmom! Your sarcastic humor always makes me smile! How ya been?

garciap77
08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Que? nueve y pone a cero!!

Only 9 regular season games this year Garcia. ;)

Are you sure?????????:D

garciap77
08-03-2012, 04:28 PM

The honey bees just got lucky!!!!:1popcorn:

ccmom
08-03-2012, 04:33 PM
LOL ccmom! Your sarcastic humor always makes me smile! How ya been?

I'm good, except this heat makes me cranky!!!!

Cheers!!

hollywood
08-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm good, except this heat makes me cranky!!!!

Cheers!!

Awesome... I know... I'm so ready for the Fall! Running in this heat get's old.

Cheers back at ya!

cowboyandchrist
08-04-2012, 07:16 AM
What games do you think will be great games?
Celina vs Argyle
Celina vs Melissa
Stephenville vs La Vega

I agree good games to watch, I also like Carthage and Chapel Hill

defense51
08-04-2012, 12:30 PM
well.....YES!.......actually, he can't stand me......last time I was there he held up two fingers and asked, "How many fingers do you see?".........I responded with, "Five!...two pointing up and three folded...unless of course you're one of them idiots who doesn't count the thumb as a finger, then I'll say two fingers pointing up, two fingers folded, plus one folded thumb! Look doc, the fingers and thumbs are known as digits. The thumb is said to be opposable to the fingers. Something about an extra phalanges......So, by definition, the thumb is both a finger and not a finger. Finger can mean any of the four digits besides the thumb OR any digit including the thumb. It is up to the person to decide whether or not the thumb is considered a finger...and right now the way I'm feelin', I'm gonna say yes the thumb is a finger and I'll stick to my five finger answer!"

He looked at me funny, mumbled somethin', and the appointment was over......and I still got the bill in the mail!.......:speech:

FriskyBadger
08-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Stephenville vs LaVega. And it is likely that if the Jackets are already seeing a "W", they could get keel-hauled by the Pirates, and lose their "stingers". Lots of speed on both sides of the ball, and they will not be the least bit intimidated by Stephenville. But hey, I have read the previous posts, "the jackets are used to seeing speed". So it should be a good match-up as well as the Indians and the Jackets.

I agree 2 big games.... One game maybe the 2 best teams in D1 and the other maybe the best teams in D1 and D2.... Looking forward to both.

TigerPride12
08-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I would have to say the Sealy vs. El Campo match could be a good one. With El Campo coming down from 4A and Sealy with the ESPN150 Athlete Seals-Jones, this could be an exciting game!

Sportshack
08-06-2012, 12:27 PM

I bet they were singing... "I love you...you love me...we're as happy as can be..."

trojan37
08-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Sounds like Jenks and Union are coming from Oklahoma to get them some Desoto/Trinity action! That's the games I want to see!

Bosqueville
08-07-2012, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=ccmom;1683517]Simmer down...good grief!! The post was directed to hollywood. It's a long standing joke about Brownwood's record the first year they dropped to 3A. Relax. Not everything is an insult to your precious jackets. :rolleyes:[/QU

So funny.. the tone just makes me laugh but I can see the eye rolls as the words were being typed... LOL.

Eagle11
08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
i saw a very different version in my vision quest..the flames do not lie in the sweat lodge my friend...:smoker:

good luck with all of that

Eagle11
08-07-2012, 10:18 AM
AW will have thr hand full this year.

Chillfan
08-08-2012, 12:38 PM
I also like Carthage and Chapel Hill

I agree Cowboy. What are your thoughts on this game?