PDA

View Full Version : New district = First time to visit some stadiums

ccmom
07-29-2012, 10:33 PM
I've been to games at numerous stadiums over the years, but realignment means I will be visiting some stadiums for the first time.

Argyle....I'm looking forward to the season opener there...not looking forward to the round trip.

Monahans...I've been to the gym, but never the stadium. Another long trip.

Greenwood...been there many times and almost bought a house there, but never been to the stadium. Grande is one of my favorite stadiums, but I expect Greenwood's to be slightly different. Mostly looking forward to seeing RM there...it's been a while!

Bridgeport...I don't recall ever even going through there. Looking forward to seeing Bullaholic's stompimg grounds.

Those are the few I know I will visit in the regular season, over the next two years. Anybody have any fun facts to know or tips about their town or stadium? For instance, I hope to not meet up with any scary, threatening women in the bathroom like I did in "you know where!". (love you Rick and Morris :))

regaleagle
07-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Argyle seats only 3500 total, and the visitior's side in considerably smaller. If Wylie brings a contingent, it will be packed. I can guarantee the Argyle side is always SRO, literally. That includes the endzone area. We are only 8 miles south of Denton, and about the same west of Flower Mound. Check back later and I can recommend a few restaurants closeby. For Mexican, you can't beat Christina's in nearby Bartonville.

HEMOTOXIC
07-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Navasota @ Fairfield. This may be the first visit to Fairfield in a very long time.. So long, I don't even remember ever playing the Eagles.

Next year, Navasota will make their first visit to Lexington and Austin McCallum. However, I believe that McCallum plays their home games @ House Park. If so, we played Austin Anderson there back in the mid 90s.

Blue42
07-30-2012, 01:59 AM
I have not been to Somerset, Giddings or Smithville but according to Dave Campbell we will lose in each of these places. Just for posterity I used this year’s issue as wiping fodder in the outhouse.

Gsquared
07-30-2012, 07:17 AM
I've been to games at numerous stadiums over the years, but realignment means I will be visiting some stadiums for the first time.

Argyle....I'm looking forward to the season opener there...not looking forward to the round trip.

Greenwood...been there many times and almost bought a house there, but never been to the stadium. Grande is one of my favorite stadiums, but I expect Greenwood's to be slightly different. Mostly looking forward to seeing RM there...it's been a while!

Bridgeport...I don't recall ever even going through there. Looking forward to seeing Bullaholic's stompimg grounds.

Those are the few I know I will visit in the regular season, over the next two years. Anybody have any fun facts to know or tips about their town or stadium? For instance, I hope to not meet up with any scary, threatening women in the bathroom like I did in "you know where!". (love you Rick and Morris :))

Wylie at Argyle is the Friday Zero Week game I have decided on watching. Cant wait for it!!

defense51
07-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I think you'll enjoy Bridgeport, they're a good host.

ccmom
07-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Wylie at Argyle is the Friday Zero Week game I have decided on watching. Cant wait for it!!

If you are bringing your curse along, feel free to stay on the home side. If you are bringing alcohol, feel free to sit by me. ; )

CelinaCatFan
07-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Argyle seats only 3500 total, and the visitior's side in considerably smaller. If Wylie brings a contingent, it will be packed. I can guarantee the Argyle side is always SRO, literally. That includes the endzone area. We are only 8 miles south of Denton, and about the same west of Flower Mound. Check back later and I can recommend a few restaurants closeby. For Mexican, you can't beat Christina's in nearby Bartonville.

I usually just get a burger at the game. Get there early on the visitor's side for a seat!

Bosqueville
07-30-2012, 11:05 AM
This will be Brownwood's first visit to Fort Worth All Saints. From what I understand, the visitor's side may not be big enough for the band much less the fans. Should be interesting. Lawn chairs will be needed.

Gsquared
07-30-2012, 11:11 AM
If you are bringing your curse along, feel free to stay on the home side. If you are bringing alcohol, feel free to sit by me. ; )

Ill be bringing a flask AND the curse. You have a big decision to make! :thinking:

ccmom
07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Ill be bringing a flask AND the curse. You have a big decision to make! :thinking:

I'll stick with my own flask. I'm not sure I want my kids to be exposed to the likes of you anyway. I mean that in the nicest way possible.:wave:

Gsquared
07-30-2012, 11:25 AM
I'll stick with my own flask. I'm not sure I want my kids to be exposed to the likes of you anyway. I mean that in the nicest way possible.:wave:

I took it in the nicest way possible! :p

Trashman
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
This will be Brownwood's first visit to Fort Worth All Saints. From what I understand, the visitor's side may not be big enough for the band much less the fans. Should be interesting. Lawn chairs will be needed.

Bosqueville, check out the photo below. It may be worse than than we heard.......

Bosqueville
07-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Bosqueville, check out the photo below. It may be worse than than we heard.......

That is ridiculous.

Old Bearcat
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Midlothian is now a AAAAA school and not a AAA school.....but if you are ever in Midlothian on game day Friday night.....come take a look at their new stadium of about 6 years now ...really is a nice one.

COBRAFOOTBALL
07-30-2012, 03:29 PM
If you want an old school stadium and atmosphere go to Bridgeport's stadium.. What a great feeling! Loved it last year!

GrTigers6
07-30-2012, 03:54 PM
If you want an old school stadium and atmosphere go to Bridgeport's stadium.. What a great feeling! Loved it last year!No Kidding. It wa sa great way to kick off the season even though we lost that one in the end.

hollywood
07-30-2012, 03:55 PM

Good luck and safe travels ccmom!

We'd love to have you guys back in Cricketville sometime soon. :D

Roughneck93
07-30-2012, 07:55 PM
This will be my first time to La Marque's Etheredge Stadium. Should be fun.

injuredinmelee
07-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Greenwood still have grass?

Ville-D
07-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Greenwood still have grass?

:spitlol:

I think you can get it most anywhere, but I'm not really into that.

MustangFootball
07-30-2012, 10:03 PM
After losing to Cuero 3 times in the playoffs, This will be the first time Ingleside will play Cuero in the regular season, so I'm looking forward to traveling to Cuero this year.

Old LB
07-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I have not been to Somerset, Giddings or Smithville but according to Dave Campbell we will lose in each of these places. Just for posterity I used this year’s issue as wiping fodder in the outhouse.

Somerset stadium was built in 1945, has capacity of 4000. Have not been there but went through town a few weeks ago, Cuero is a big town compared to Somerset.

MGAR
07-30-2012, 10:48 PM

You kids drink out of a flask?

Awesome!

toddg
07-31-2012, 10:23 AM
That is ridiculous.

what did ya'll expect from a private christian school...the parking is going to be fun for ya'll too...the bright side..playing surface is good, and they will give the Lions all they want..they serious about their football..which is a good thing!

BEAST
07-31-2012, 10:30 AM
what did ya'll expect from a private christian school...the parking is going to be fun for ya'll too...the bright side..playing surface is good, and they will give the Lions all they want..they serious about their football..which is a good thing!

They have done a nice job in their recruiting (for them it is not against any rules). They have some really nice looking skill kids.

BEAST

Bosqueville
07-31-2012, 10:46 AM

I expect to have more seating than 100. I have been to several private schools with adequate seating. This is six man size. And this is Texas High School Football!

ccmom
07-31-2012, 10:54 AM
You kids drink out of a flask?

Awesome!

Only on special occassions. :)

toddg
07-31-2012, 11:07 AM
I expect to have more seating than 100. I have been to several private schools with adequate seating. This is six man size. And this is Texas High School Football!

just get there early and take up all the parking and Bogart the home side...LOL!