PDA

View Full Version : Central Texas Media Day - High School Football

FB-fanatic
07-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Big day tomorrow. My son, QB, got notice 6 hours ago. Too late, is out waterskiing on Eagle Mountain Lake. I'm *very* bummed. :weeping:

Gsquared
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Big day tomorrow. My son, QB, got notice 6 hours ago. Too late, is out waterskiing on Eagle Mountain Lake. I'm *very* bummed. :weeping:
Good luck to your son, I'll be keeping up with him this year!!

FB-fanatic
07-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Good luck to your son, I'll be keeping up with him this year!!

Thanks Gsquared! Can't wait for first scrimmage.

bp80884
07-26-2012, 09:59 PM

At least he is not a soccer player!

Congrats! Can't wait to see him play again this year. I hope to not see him as much this year if you know what I mean but Lorena is my 2nd team! I even have my Leopard shirt!

FB-fanatic
07-26-2012, 10:06 PM
At least he is not a soccer player!

Congrats! Can't wait to see him play again this year. I hope to not see him as much this year if you know what I mean but Lorena is my 2nd team! I even have my Leopard shirt!

Hey, we both know what soccer can do for these guys foot skills. Gonna have to return the favor and buy one of those columbian blues. Good luck to you guys too.

bp80884
07-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Hey, we both know what soccer can do for these guys foot skills. Gonna have to return the favor and buy one of those columbian blues. Good luck to you guys too.

Well my boy had spent his 16th summer spending 7 weeks on either a beach or on a cruise. He is on his way home tonight and we are headed to an FC Dallas game and spending the night up their for the last thing for summer. I told him do it if you can cause pretty soon you will be a working man with responsibility!

Rabid Cougar
07-28-2012, 09:35 PM
I even have my Leopard shirt!

Oh that part just made me throw up in my mouth.

FB-fanatic
08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Oh that part just made me throw up in my mouth.

I've got an extra playoff shirt for you too, Rabid Couger, since you guys didn't get one this year, or maybe a 7v7 State Tourney shirt?

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I've got an extra playoff shirt for you too, Rabid Couger, since you guys didn't get one this year, or maybe a 7v7 State Tourney shirt?

That's okay you can keep them both. We have ours from baseball from last year and we will have our own for football this year; we don't put a whole lot of weight in the touch football tournement.

FB-fanatic
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
That's okay you can keep them both. We have ours from baseball from last year and we will have our own for football this year; we don't put a whole lot of weight in the touch football tournement.

Baseball? (yawn) And you want to talk about "touch" football?

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Baseball? (yawn) And you want to talk about "touch" football?

What's wrong with baseball? Lorena had no problem mentioning baseball when they were in the playoffs. Yea lets talk touch football. Making the tournement is not that hard.

The only football that counts is the game that is played in pads by 11 men to a side. There will be no 4th qtr meltdowns this year.

Old Tiger
08-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I got a Nike 2010-2011 UIL State Championship Finalist shirt that I will sell for $5.

varsity parent
08-01-2012, 09:24 PM
That's okay you can keep them both. We have ours from baseball from last year and we will have our own for football this year; we don't put a whole lot of weight in the touch football tournement.So you are saying CS football has aspirations of beating LaVega, and Robinson both in the same season? Not buying that one. And yes CS did have a good season in baseball. Sure would have liked to have seen you with a "W" against Robinson though.

varsity parent
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
What's wrong with baseball? Lorena had no problem mentioning baseball when they were in the playoffs. Yea lets talk touch football. Making the tournement is not that hard.

The only football that counts is the game that is played in pads by 11 men to a side. There will be no 4th qtr meltdowns this year.If making the tournament isn't that hard, where were the Cougars?

Rabid Cougar
08-02-2012, 08:27 AM
So you are saying CS football has aspirations of beating LaVega, and Robinson both in the same season? Not buying that one. And yes CS did have a good season in baseball. Sure would have liked to have seen you with a "W" against Robinson though.

Had them both beaten last year. We have everyone back from last year and more. I don't see why not?

Rabid Cougar
08-02-2012, 08:31 AM
If making the tournament isn't that hard, where were the Cougars?

Have done so many times. China Spring chooses not to participate in the state tournement. This is common knowledge and has caused opponents to have hard feelings in the past

varsity parent
08-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Had them both beaten last year. We have everyone back from last year and more. I don't see why not? Lorena did as well last year. I know the feeling. The only difference is we graduated almost our entire offense. Don't know if this counts, but we did have a very good JV team last season. If the Cougars were to pull off even one of those, that would throw a wrench into everything. Good luck! It will be interesting.

varsity parent
08-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Have done so many times. China Spring chooses not to participate in the state tournement. This is common knowledge and has caused opponents to have hard feelings in the pastNo hard feelings here. But I do think it gives the skill players and DB's some much needed reps before the season starts. And the state tourney is a fun experience for the players and parents as well. But I guess that is really the coaching staff's call. Maybe it's the risk of injury, maybe the expense. Either way, some like it, some don't. Many say it is not "real football". While that may be true, most players do like to compete, and want to win.