PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Women's Soccer: Olympics 2012

hollywood
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
U.S. women's soccer team beats France 4-2!!!

Phil C
07-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Well done by our ladies as they took control of the second half and scored two more goals to win it. A great game by our goalkeeper Hope Solo.

hollywood
07-25-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/soccer/u-s-womens-soccer-team-beats-france-4-2-in-olympic-opener-two-goals-from-alex-morgan-abby-wambach-carli-lloyd.html

defense51
07-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Nice comeback from being down 0-2.

hollywood
07-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Well done by our ladies as they took control of the second half and scored two more goals to win it. A great game by our goalkeeper Hope Solo.

Yes, very scary first half. But in normal fashion, the team knows how to finish!!

hollywood
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=womens+usa+soccer&view=detail&id=E9027BE969412AB5B4AA965B8875D684CFEDCC36&first=246

hollywood
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Showed a recording of Wenesday's game to my U11 girls soccer team last night. Good times! It's amazing to watch these young ladies actually watch the game and be inspired by USA's best.

Phil C
07-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Showed a recording of Wenesday's game to my U11 girls soccer team last night. Good times! It's amazing to watch these young ladies actually watch the game and be inspired by USA's best.

Indeed yes. Well done hollywood.

hollywood
07-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Well I forgot to update... US Women's team dominated the Columbian's Saturday in a 3-0 final score.

hollywood
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Another win for WNT! US Women's National Team battled through 95 minutes of a physical game vs New Zealand to win the knock out round in the Quaterfinals.

Abby Wambach scored the first goal in the '27 minute
Sydney Leroux scored the second goal in the '87 minute

Alex Morgan was substituted for Sydney Leroux due to a hard collision with the NZ goal keeper. Should have been a PK for the US but ref called for a drop ball.

The US WNT plays the winner of Canada and England on Monday for the semi finals.

WNT has shown the world it's a top contender by flexing their muscle in 4 straight wins in the 2012 Olympics. Expect a final between US and Brazil for the gold metal. Could be a another showdown with Japan if they beat out Brazil in today's quarter final.

hollywood
08-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Alright people... if you did not watch this game today vs Canada, you missed a freaking awesome game. The WNT has played through so much adversity and get behind in games so often only to win in the end. This was another classic WNT finish at the end of the game where it looked doubtful they could pull it off.

The stage is set for another finals rematch with Japan. Japan beat the WNT last year in the Women's World Cup in a penalty shootout after being tied at the end of 2 overtimes. What a story as the WNT get's their wish in a rematch. They are more determined than ever to win Gold and proof they are #1 in the World. Can't wait.

Women's soccer is more popular now than ever before. I'm thankful to the WNT for that. They have sparked the hearts of so many young girls across the world, it's simply beatiful. I have daughters who play and love soccer, so I'm even more thankful. God bless the USA's Women's National Soccer Team!

Phil C
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
You will have to double check your tv guide but this great game will be repeated tonight or extremely early in the morning so you may want to set those recorders. This game should add more fans to women's soccer.

hollywood
08-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Yes Phil C... it is a game worthy of recording and replaying! 7 goals scored in a semi final elimination game! And if that isn't enough, the winning goal was scored by one of the Olympics most talented and most attractive athletes Alex Morgan? Doesn't get much better than that!

defense51
08-06-2012, 08:19 PM
These ladies showed alot of heart and determination today!

Phil C
08-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Before the game the Canadian Coach accused the USA of dirty play and after the game he and several players accused the refs of favoring the USA but the following shows that things balanced out as the Canadian player should have been issued a red card but it wasn't even noticed. Talk about a me and my big mouth affair.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d36jeueO1qkp54eo1_500.gif

hollywood
08-08-2012, 09:09 AM
It's typical greatness envy from our northern neighbors, eh? Canada has a fine team. But, this is a classic case of being rejected again by greatness. I bet the replay of this game will humble them. Japan is a classier opponent.

Phil C
08-08-2012, 09:22 AM
The game with Japan is Thursday at 1:30 P.M. on the NBC Sports Channel (double check me with your tv guide though. If you can't watch it live you may want to record it.
The USA must win during regular play because that is how we lost to them in the world championship last year because it went to penalty kicks. I think we have the better goalie but they had the better penalty kickers last year.