PDA

View Full Version : Places that could be regular title contenders?

Eagle1
07-24-2012, 07:11 AM
What are some 3a schools that could be turned into reglar contenders? I would say there are about 15 regular contenders in the state ex. Monahans, Wyliie, Celina, Argyle, Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson you get my drift tope tier programs. We are talking places that might now be 2nd or 3rd tier programs with a little push could be top tier. A few I would mention

Pampa, Borger, Vernon, Mineral Wells, Gatesville, Lampasas

regaleagle
07-24-2012, 09:01 AM
I think you will see Paris becoming a regular top tier contender now in Region 2. They always have had the athletes, and now they have coach that willl keep that program strong.

VWG
07-24-2012, 10:33 AM
I think you will see Paris becoming a regular top tier contender now in Region 2. They always have had the athletes, and now they have coach that willl keep that program strong.

True.
One school that seems to do "less with more" is Burkburnett. Enrollment is 800+, and they have some good athletes, but their football program is mediocre.

Phil C
07-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Depending on what the UIL does you may be able to add Sinton in about two years.

Txbroadcaster
07-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I dont think we know yet if Henderson is truly a year in and year out contender

Eagle1
07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Paris is one that could move to the top also Navasota has been real close if they are not already there this might be the year both of these teams move into tier 1 territory. I also agree Burkburnet is interesting they could be a real power.

Old Tiger
07-24-2012, 02:46 PM
I dont think we know yet if Henderson is truly a year in and year out contender
This