PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Talk...

Pages : [1] 2

Bullaholic
07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
The Rangers still lead their Division by 5, but the pitching rotation is getting hit hard by the injury gremlins, and the bats have been spotty at best. At home tonight for a 3-game stand with the BoSox, which could be tough. Hope they can find some consistency and some pitching rotation cures soon.

Macarthur
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, it's really amazing what has happened to the bats. Josh has got to come out of this funk.

waterboy
07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
With all that is going on, I am amazed that the Rangers are STILL leading their division by 5 games. Multiple IR stints for pitchers, slumping bats, and some pitchers getting knocked around a little at times, yet they have still managed to keep the division lead. That speaks volumes as to the depth of this team. The bats will come around, we'll get some more of our pitchers back off of IR, and then it'll be time for the home stretch. If the Rangers can maintain their lead while "slumping", just imagine what they can do when they get everybody healthy. When healthy I'm not the only one that thinks the Rangers are the best team in the league.

Txbroadcaster
07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Colby Lewis out for year

Roughneck93
07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Colby Lewis out for year

That sucks. Time to start dealing for another pitcher?

Tejastrue
07-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Colby Lewis out for year

Craaaaaaaap!

Macarthur
07-23-2012, 10:59 PM
I want josh Johnson.

regaleagle
07-24-2012, 12:35 AM
On this important 10 game homestand, the Rangers are now 1-0. If they can go 6-4 or better with at least a split of the 4-gamer against the Angels, the Rangers will be in very good shape. This is THE homestand that could make the difference for the Rangers for the rest of the season. I'll be tuned in for every game in this one.

CenTexSports
07-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Ok, Josh Hamilton is a great ballplayer but I am kind of tired of his attitude. So, I propose trading him straight up for Braun and Greinke (sp).

Macarthur
07-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Looks like the Josh Johnson talks are heating up.

Roughneck93
07-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Looks like the Josh Johnson talks are heating up.

Yeah looks like the Marlins are beginning their fire sale. Trading Hanley Ramirez this morning, you would think Miami will want Mike Olt included in any deal for Johnson.

ethsfbnut
07-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Damn hate to give up high quality young`uns for a top pitcher. Glad we have Daniels and Nolen working on this.

Yoe_09
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Ok, Josh Hamilton is a great ballplayer but I am kind of tired of his attitude. So, I propose trading him straight up for Braun and Greinke (sp).

The Brewers appear to be sellers, but I don't think they would fly for that one. I think getting Grienke is still a possibility though. He is probably the 1st piece to fall, but several teams are still in the running.

Yoe_09
07-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Right now it looks like the Rangers, Angels, White Sox and Braves are the front runners for Grienke at this point.

Tejastrue
07-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Right now it looks like the Rangers, Angels, White Sox and Braves are the front runners for Grienke at this point.

I sure hope it's not the Angels. Rangers could really use him now.

Yoe_09
07-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I sure hope it's not the Angels. Rangers could really use him now.

If I were the Rangers, I think you need to get someone to help bolster the starting staff. Harrison & Darvish have pitched well, but I think they need one more top of the line arm after the loss of Lewis. The Angels already have Weaver(Cy-Young material), Wilson, and now Haren is back. They may hope Haren can return to form and start pitching well rather than going out and getting a big name. You have to remember with the extra wildcard this year, more teams are in the mix and less likely to sell.

Yoe_09
07-27-2012, 07:17 PM
The Angels got him.

Tejastrue
07-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Another craaaaap. What do y'all think of a possible Cliff Lee return? He's pitched decent but for whatever reason has not picked up the wins. I know he was injured but appears ok now. I'm not crazy about the Rangers taking on his contract.

orange machine
07-28-2012, 02:05 PM
No way would I take him back.

Yoe_09
07-28-2012, 09:07 PM
I would say more like either Johnson or Shields.

Tejastrue
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Feldman is starting to look like same guy who won 17 in 09. We sure needed the win tonight and he delivered.

95mustang
07-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Feldman is starting to look like same guy who won 17 in 09. We sure needed the win tonight and he delivered.

Feldman is running with this oppurtunity.

regaleagle
07-29-2012, 10:22 PM
The Rangers must be feeling a little giddy. They dropped the last 6 out of 10, and still keep a big lead in the West. The Angels and A's lose tonite when they win. The Rangers lose 2 out of 3 against the Chisox and the Angels do the same against the Rays. Now comes the 4-gamer in Arlington against the Angels, head to head. Lookout for those A's lurking, though. If the Rangers can at least split this series at home with the Angels, no harm done. If they take the series...the Angels lose more ground and attitude. BIG series coming up.

waterboy
07-30-2012, 07:46 AM
I agree, regaleagle. The Rangers need at least a split in this series with the Angels, and look out for those A's. The Rangers need to get out of the funk they've been in for the last month, and start playing Ranger baseball. The clutch hits will come, but who will it be that steps up when they need them? Somebody has to heat it up. Hitting with runners in scoring position has been dismal lately, and that's the major reason the Rangers have played, basically, .500 ball for the past month. I'm disappointed that the Rangers didn't sign a top tier pitcher, but I think they have enough now to win it all. The batting will have to come around, though.

Old Bearcat
07-30-2012, 09:42 PM
No doubt the pitching staff is really challenged . The Rangers will have to score a bunch of runs each game and they know it. The offensive potential is there for sure. But the bull pen will have to step up big time .

Tejastrue
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah, not a good start tonight. Offense appears to be coming around but giving up 15 runs. Beltre left with some sort of injury. Untouchable Ross finally gets lit up. It is only one game.

95mustang
07-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Your right the offense finally showed some spark and Hamilton actually hit the ball, but Oswalt and the pitching staff imploded. I have always been a Rangers fan and will always be, but I have a feeling they are about to lose the lead of the division and will probably not get it back. I hope I am wrong, but the offense has been dismal and the pitching has been on the decline the past few weeks. They need to figure something out quick to right the ship. This series could have really distanced them from the Angels, but their best chance of winning on paper was last night and they didn't show me a championship team.

Tejastrue
07-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Rangers replace Torrealba..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rangers-c-soto-cubs-pitcher-153528795--mlb.html

95mustang
07-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Rangers replace Torrealba..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rangers-c-soto-cubs-pitcher-153528795--mlb.html

Not sure this is an upgrade.

Cam
07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Is Neftali gonna come back this year?

bigwood33
07-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Is Neftali gonna come back this year?
It doesn't look good. He was scratched from a minor league start a couple of days ago and there is some talk of shutting him down for the season but I don't think anything is definite today.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Rangers get Ryan Dempster

BullBoy
07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Rangers get Ryan Dempster

What did Texas give up to get him?

SintonFan_inAustin
07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
What did Texas give up to get him?Hasn't been posted yet

SintonFan_inAustin
07-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Dempster was to pitch in about an hr for the Cubs but now pitches tommorrow for the Rangers against the Angels.

GrTigers6
07-31-2012, 03:17 PM
What did Texas give up to get him?

Two minor league pitchers according to the fan 105.3
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/07/31/rangers-land-pitcher-ryan-dempster-from-cubs/

SintonFan_inAustin
07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
looks like the Rangers send 3B Christian Villanueva and RHP Kyle Hendricks to Cubs for Dempster.

Villanueva no.100 prospect in baseball america

Tejastrue
07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
I wonder if the Cubs told the Rangers "you gotta take Soto if you want a shot at Dempster".

SintonFan_inAustin
07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
looks like lets get his catcher here then we'll get him.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2012, 04:13 PM
I wonder if the Cubs told the Rangers "you gotta take Soto if you want a shot at Dempster".

Rangers wanted Soto..great defensive player with solid power.

Yoe_09
07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Rangers get Dempster...Feliz needs tommy john surgery....Oswalt to the bullpen.

orange machine
07-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Rangers blow and they are gonna blow it and not even make the post season.

There I said it now the Rangers should start whipping butt!

orange machine
07-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Holland has blown it again!!!

orange machine
07-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Rangers look like crap!!

Tejastrue
07-31-2012, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't push the panic button just yet. The pitching staff has been decimated. Let's see if Darvish can help settle things down tomorrow and with the addition of Dempster will keep us out of the dumpster. Lol..Go Rangers!

regaleagle
07-31-2012, 11:46 PM
I think Nolan and Daniels knows a few things about the Rangers catching situation. They got a quality catcher for cheap, something they needed. And Dempster can give your club good starts with his low ERA. These are 2 good moves on the last day, IMO...positions the Rangers need to prop up for a playoff run.

Tejastrue
08-01-2012, 11:33 AM
You think? :doh:Never liked Torrealba as a Ranger and they didn't have to go very far to make an improvement. Should have held on to Saltalamacchia. Both new guys will be free agents and both were over paid as a Cub. It's a move they had to make with Dempster and as far as Soto..maybe the plan is not to re-sign Napoli. I'm a Napoli fan but his performance has not equaled his 2012 salary of 9m. Not even close. There's still time for redemption. Go Rangers.

ethsfbnut
08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Rangers are killing me. Have been for month or more. Ya`ll are making me feel better. Hope Dempster can help ailing staff. But damn the bats have got to get going. Been spoiled after last two years. But after 40 years this is great.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2012, 02:08 PM
You think? :doh:Never liked Torrealba as a Ranger and they didn't have to go very far to make an improvement. Should have held on to Saltalamacchia. Both new guys will be free agents and both were over paid as a Cub. It's a move they had to make with Dempster and as far as Soto..maybe the plan is not to re-sign Napoli. I'm a Napoli fan but his performance has not equaled his 2012 salary of 9m. Not even close. There's still time for redemption. Go Rangers.

They have Soto's rights for one more year after the season

Tejastrue
08-01-2012, 04:22 PM
They have Soto's rights for one more year after the season

Yes...the infamous arbitration year.

orange machine
08-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Rangers are in deep crap!!!

Tejastrue
08-01-2012, 09:10 PM
They're making a game of it tonight. Could have just quit.

orange machine
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
That may be true, but they shouldn't be getting in this position.

orange machine
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Rangers pitching blows!

orange machine
08-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Rangers are not a championship team.

Tejastrue
08-01-2012, 11:04 PM
That was tough to see Nathan give up those runs but the 3-4-5 hitters are a combined 0-13. Still, they have not quit and the game is not over. Go Rangers!

Tejastrue
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Hell yeah..Rangers WIN!!!

orange machine
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Never had a doubt!!!

ccmom
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Woohoo!!! What a finish!!!

regaleagle
08-01-2012, 11:19 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A 2-game swing with the WIN. What a timely way for the Rangers to overcome. Eleven runs on 17 hits usually wins easily, but the comeback just showed the Angels and the AL what the Rangers are really capable of from the plate. And the Angels had 10 runs on 10 hits...a phenominal stat. Just a season changing win for the Rangers, and very discouraging for the Angels....bwahaha.

orange machine
08-01-2012, 11:21 PM
I guess I should talk bad about the Rangers more often. Lets face it the Rangers must get better at pitching.

Tejastrue
08-01-2012, 11:25 PM
never had a doubt!!!

lol!!

defense51
08-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Nice win for the Rangers, maybe that will get things going.

Bullaholic
08-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Well, despite a Ewwwww Darvish night, the Rangers pulled out a very big win. Hope this is the spark that ignites the Rangers fire, and they can keep it burning for the rest of the season.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
:) YES! The Rally Ranger Shirt worked! Finally!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Well, despite a Ewwwww Darvish night, the Rangers pulled out a very big win. Hope this is the spark that ignites the Rangers fire, and they can keep it burning for the rest of the season.Darvish was dominating early til that breakdown in the defense, otherwise he doesn't give a run in that inning and only allowed one more run in the game with just 4 hits and had 7 strikeouts. Angels strike out 16 times in the game!

Just wondering why Adams hasn't pitched in a while and doesn't look like Washington has a set bullpen from the 7th an 8th inning lately.

Bullaholic
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Darvish was dominating early til that breakdown in the defense, otherwise he doesn't give a run in that inning and only allowed one more run in the game with just 4 hits and had 7 strikeouts. Angels strike out 16 times in the game!

Just wondering why Adams hasn't pitched in a while and doesn't look like Washington has a set bullpen from the 7th an 8th inning lately.

6 walks, and 5 of them scored, SFA.....Not a good night.

Tejastrue
08-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Rangers call up top prospect Olt...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rangers-call-top-prospect-olt-051159246--mlb.html

poisoned10
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Never had a doubt!!!

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/liar.jpg

SintonFan_inAustin
08-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Cliff Lee has been put on waivers. If nobody has picked up his contact by the time it comes to the Rangers, should they get him or pass on him?

Tejastrue
08-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Cliff Lee has been put on waivers. If nobody has picked up his contact by the time it comes to the Rangers, should they get him or pass on him?

This is nothing new this time of year. Would love to have him but the remainder of his contract is huge (3yrs close to 90 million owed). Don't think he will be claimed. You never know though. The salaries have really gotten outrageous.

regaleagle
08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
I think the Rangers would highly consider Lee again, IF the price was do-able. I don't see them swallowing the whole enchilada though. With Feliz and Colby Lewis gone for the season, Oswalt relegated to middle relief, and the rest of the starting staff floundering....I can see the Rangers becoming increasingly desparate for pitching solutions. Heck, Nathan is not looking like the closer any quality contender needs, either. Back to five games up in the Wild West, but lots of head to heads left, not to mention roughly 58 total games...more than one-third of the regular season!!! I believe the Rangers are now 61-43, a total of 104 out of 162 regular season games in the books so far.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2012, 05:42 AM
I think the Rangers would highly consider Lee again, IF the price was do-able. I don't see them swallowing the whole enchilada though. With Feliz and Colby Lewis gone for the season, Oswalt relegated to middle relief, and the rest of the starting staff floundering....I can see the Rangers becoming increasingly desparate for pitching solutions. Heck, Nathan is not looking like the closer any quality contender needs, either. Back to five games up in the Wild West, but lots of head to heads left, not to mention roughly 58 total games...more than one-third of the regular season!!! I believe the Rangers are now 61-43, a total of 104 out of 162 regular season games in the books so far.

I dont think the Rangers are as desperate for pitching as people think...Look for them to maybe add some bullpen arms so come play off time they can ask starter to go 6 and then use the bullpen for 7-9

GrTigers6
08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I think the Rangers would highly consider Lee again, IF the price was do-able. I don't see them swallowing the whole enchilada though. With Feliz and Colby Lewis gone for the season, Oswalt relegated to middle relief, and the rest of the starting staff floundering....I can see the Rangers becoming increasingly desparate for pitching solutions. Heck, Nathan is not looking like the closer any quality contender needs, either. Back to five games up in the Wild West, but lots of head to heads left, not to mention roughly 58 total games...more than one-third of the regular season!!! I believe the Rangers are now 61-43, a total of 104 out of 162 regular season games in the books so far.The problem with Nathan is that Wash uses him when he isnt needed. When the game is not on the line he sucks. Plus He will pitch 30+ pitches in one game get ths save and then he will bring him in the next day in a 4, 5, 6 run lead. I dont get it

SintonFan_inAustin
08-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I dont think the Rangers are as desperate for pitching as people think...Look for them to maybe add some bullpen arms so come play off time they can ask starter to go 6 and then use the bullpen for 7-9There is no room for more arms in the bullpen. Nathan is the only one not looking so good but it looks like he's being over used in non save situtuations. If it wasn't for the amount of years left on Lee contract it would be a good move to pick him up but that money they were going to use to get him has gone to Yu Darvish so i'll be suprise if they get Lee for that reason. Other than that he would help this team in the playoffs.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2012, 09:56 AM
There is no room for more arms in the bullpen. Nathan is the only one not looking so good but it looks like he's being over used in non save situtuations. If it wasn't for the amount of years left on Lee contract it would be a good move to pick him up but that money they were going to use to get him has gone to Yu Darvish so i'll be suprise if they get Lee for that reason. Other than that he would help this team in the playoffs.

they dont have a true long man with Feldman in rotation...Adams is so shaky I dont thnk he is trusted...If they say come play off time we want starters to go 6 and then bullpen take over your going to to need two guys for 7th and 8th because of back to back games

Tejastrue
08-03-2012, 08:19 PM
they dont have a true long man with Feldman in rotation...Adams is so shaky I dont thnk he is trusted...If they say come play off time we want starters to go 6 and then bullpen take over your going to to need two guys for 7th and 8th because of back to back games

Would you not consider Oswalt as a true long man now that he's been moved?

orange machine
08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I was told today by a Guy that the plan for the Rangers if they don't sign Hamilton is to move Kinsler to left field and bring Jerickson Profar(sp) up to play 2nd base. Anybody else heard this?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I was told today by a Guy that the plan for the Rangers if they don't sign Hamilton is to move Kinsler to left field and bring Jerickson Profar(sp) up to play 2nd base. Anybody else heard this?That is the plan that was mention earlier in the week.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Would you not consider Oswalt as a true long man now that he's been moved?2 innings top for him, more than that he starts missing his locations.

Tejastrue
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Gentry at center?

orange machine
08-03-2012, 08:34 PM
The guy I talked to is friends with Blake Beavan and that's what he said.

Tejastrue
08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
2 innings top for him, more than that he starts missing his locations.

I think he's got some left in the tank but on the plus side, if he's pitching well, he has the pedigree to go 4-6 innings if needed.

coach
08-03-2012, 09:19 PM
1. Whoever said the rangers have no room for arms is incorrect. You always need arms.
2. If we get cliff we can move Feldman to our long man.
3. We can move Ian to left or move him to first. Also, we can move Elvis to second and profit to short.
4. Whoever said we don't have room for arms is stupid.
5. Read 1 and 4 again.

Tejastrue
08-03-2012, 10:04 PM
1. Whoever said the rangers have no room for arms is incorrect. You always need arms.
2. If we get cliff we can move Feldman to our long man.
3. We can move Ian to left or move him to first. Also, we can move Elvis to second and profit to short.
4. Whoever said we don't have room for arms is stupid.
5. Read 1 and 4 again.

this whole post is stupid..

regaleagle
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Are you kidding, coach??? Moving Elvis to 2nd would be the worst possible move for the Rangers to consider. And he's only 23. He's a proven asset to this team at short, and one of the best in the majors there. The Rangers hitting and fielding should play second fiddle to the starting pitching rotation, IMO. The next "big" move the Rangers need to make is for a proven quality starter, however that may occur.

coach
08-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Are you kidding, coach??? Moving Elvis to 2nd would be the worst possible move for the Rangers to consider. And he's only 23. He's a proven asset to this team at short, and one of the best in the majors there. The Rangers hitting and fielding should play second fiddle to the starting pitching rotation, IMO. The next "big" move the Rangers need to make is for a proven quality starter, however that may occur.

Profar will be a better as than Elvis. I guess it's a moot point any way bc I could see Elvis in a Yankee uniform in 2 yers anyway.

Tejastrue
08-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Feldman wins his 6th straight. Rangers back to 5.5 game lead. Nice.

coach
08-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Feldman wins his 6th straight. Rangers back to 5.5 game lead. Nice.

I say 6 games. Not worried about Oakland at all.

Tejastrue
08-04-2012, 11:01 PM
:thinking: The A's have the best ERA in the AL right now.

orange machine
08-05-2012, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=coach;1683598]Profar will be a better as than Elvis. I guess it's a moot point any way bc I could see Elvis in a Yankee uniform in 2 yers a
nyway.[/QUOTE

They will not let Elvis get away if he continues to play well.

Tejastrue
08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Rangers gave one away today. The ending was brutal not to mention the failed suicide squeeze play.

95mustang
08-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Rangers gave one away today. The ending was brutal not to mention the failed suicide squeeze play.

Holland a developed quite a little relationship with the long ball recently.

Tejastrue
08-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Holland a developed quite a little relationship with the long ball recently.

Yeah, I hope it's not long term. :crying:

regaleagle
08-05-2012, 11:45 PM
And Elvis running the "stop" sign at 3rd base trying to score with no outs was really STUPID. The next batter would have scored him. That was the run that would have won the game. Mistakes all around today for the Rangers.

Tejastrue
08-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Josh yelling at his base coaches and now Oswalt being a butthead. Gotta love it..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/roy-oswalt-doesn-t-seem-long-texas-162219635--mlb.html

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Josh yelling at his base coaches and now Oswalt being a butthead. Gotta love it..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/roy-oswalt-doesn-t-seem-long-texas-162219635--mlb.htmlRangers becoming the new Boston Red Soxs! Hopefully Dempster can have a good outing. Holland yuck, send him to bullpen and bring back the rookie Martin Perez to start.

Go Rangers!

Tejastrue
08-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Rangers becoming the new Boston Red Soxs! Hopefully Dempster can have a good outing. Holland yuck, send him to bullpen and bring back the rookie Martin Perez to start.

Go Rangers!

Well..Ryan Re-Deempstered himself. We tried to give it a way. Good to get a win though especially with the A's and Angels playing each other.

Farmersfan
08-08-2012, 10:48 AM
It seems that these days the Ranger's goal is to split on the road with the bad teams and split at home with the good teams! Isn't this opposite of what they should want? They must win ALL series against the bad teams (home or away) and win the home series against the good teams if they want to win the division..... Seems to me the players are happy they got the split at home against the Angels last week. That's crap!!!!

Macarthur
08-08-2012, 11:16 AM
It seems that these days the Ranger's goal is to split on the road with the bad teams and split at home with the good teams! Isn't this opposite of what they should want? They must win ALL series against the bad teams (home or away) and win the home series against the good teams if they want to win the division..... Seems to me the players are happy they got the split at home against the Angels last week. That's crap!!!!

I agree that they have been frustrating at times.

However, when you look at the big picture, if at the start of the season, you had asked us if we would take a 5.5/6 game lead in the division with about 50 to play, we all would have taken it. Especially given that the Angles have the front runner for the MVP/ROY, Albert on fire, had an insane hot streak, traded for Grienke, have the front runner for Cy Yong in the AL. The Angels have had all these things go their way, while at the same time, the Rangers have had their worst collective offensive streak since they've become a really good team about 3 years ago, or so.

I actually think the Angles have to be sitting there and frustrated as hell. Given all that they have done, they are still looking at a 6 game deficit with 50 to play, which is a huge amount to overcome.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I agree that they have been frustrating at times.

However, when you look at the big picture, if at the start of the season, you had asked us if we would take a 5.5/6 game lead in the division with about 50 to play, we all would have taken it. Especially given that the Angles have the front runner for the MVP/ROY, Albert on fire, had an insane hot streak, traded for Grienke, have the front runner for Cy Yong in the AL. The Angels have had all these things go their way, while at the same time, the Rangers have had their worst collective offensive streak since they've become a really good team about 3 years ago, or so.

I actually think the Angles have to be sitting there and frustrated as hell. Given all that they have done, they are still looking at a 6 game deficit with 50 to play, which is a huge amount to overcome.And still have the best record in the AL despite the lapses. This year they're playing around .500 within the division unlike last year but have done pretty good against the AL east and AL central. They killed the NL opponents. Tigers and Yankees coming up so well see how they come out of that stretch in a week.

Tejastrue
08-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Let's not forget all the injuries to the pitching staff. Two key pitchers lost for the season. I also don't believe they are content with how they've played. At the same time there are quite a few teams right now wishing they were in the Rangers' shoes (cleats). Lol

Txbroadcaster
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM

yes they were happy they got the split..but your taking that out of context

they are happy they got the split because they lose the first 2 games and were down 7-1 in 3rd game..they then stage TWO comebacks in that game and win...so put the happiness in context and you see they took a bad situation, turned it around and basically frustrated the hell out of the Angels

Macarthur
08-08-2012, 03:22 PM
And the frustration continues with this game today. :(

Farmersfan
08-08-2012, 03:27 PM
yes they were happy they got the split..but your taking that out of context

they are happy they got the split because they lose the first 2 games and were down 7-1 in 3rd game..they then stage TWO comebacks in that game and win...so put the happiness in context and you see they took a bad situation, turned it around and basically frustrated the hell out of the Angels

Being happy that they were able to even up the series after they played so poorly they lost the first two games at home is a SYMPTOM in my opinion. That is a losers mentality! A competitor would fight like hell to win the second two games and then walk away completely pissed that they lost the first two games! I didn't see any Ranger acting like a split at home was a negative! Not one! The Ron Washington lack of discipline and excuse making is about to reach Wade Philips type proportions. Hopefully they can hold it together long enough to get to the playoffs and then we shall see....

Macarthur
08-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Being happy that they were able to even up the series after they played so poorly they lost the first two games at home is a SYMPTOM in my opinion. That is a losers mentality! A competitor would fight like hell to win the second two games and then walk away completely pissed that they lost the first two games! I didn't see any Ranger acting like a split at home was a negative! Not one! The Ron Washington lack of discipline and excuse making is about to reach Wade Philips type proportions. Hopefully they can hold it together long enough to get to the playoffs and then we shall see....

I think you're being a bit overdramatic. With the post season, they've played somewhere in the neighborhood of 470 baseball games in the last 2 seasons plus. That is a ton of baseball. YOu simply can't go out pissed off and fight like hell all the time. I'll make some excuses for Wash because he's been to back to back WS. If Wade Phillips had been to back to back SB's, there would be no need to apologize for Wade. Silly analogy.

Macarthur
08-08-2012, 03:35 PM
As I've said, there are some things to be frustrated about with this season, but let's keep things in some perspective here.

Tejastrue
08-08-2012, 04:13 PM
And the frustration continues with this game today. :(

You were saying? :)

Macarthur
08-08-2012, 04:45 PM
They won, but that still doesn't change the fact that they had several sizable leads that they couldn't keep. frustrating.

Tejastrue
08-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Lot of positives today. Josh appears to be breaking out. Nathan continues to collect saves. Ogando has looked really good and Soto may push Napoli enough to get him jump started. Andrus continues to gel as a hitter.

Txbroadcaster
08-08-2012, 09:08 PM

the goal is to win West...you split with the team 6 games behind you means they came in at 6...leave at 6..that is a win pure and simple...survive the regular season

regaleagle
08-09-2012, 06:56 AM
I agree, Txbroadcaster. It's a win....no gained ground for your opponent. Remember, there's still one-third of the regular season left. No time to get in tither here. Lots of baseball left to be played, and no sense getting too up or too down.

Tejastrue
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Rangers open an abbreviated home-stand against the Tigers tonight. I know a lot of us have concerns over the pitching of Yu Darvish. I think I have it narrowed down as to when his struggles began. My opinion...he's just a confused rookie. Lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BGhd68kVdY

Rabid Cougar
08-10-2012, 09:38 AM
the goal is to win West...you split with the team 6 games behind you means they came in at 6...leave at 6..that is a win pure and simple...survive the regular season

Pure and simple.

coach
08-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Lack of discipline? Wth? Next thing you know he'll be blaming tony room for the defense giving up 30 in the second half. O wait... I forgot who I was talking to.

Tejastrue
08-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Wow..that hr Josh hit in the first was sweet...it really looked effortless. I hope he's back! Go Rangers.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Wow..that hr Josh hit in the first was sweet...it really looked effortless. I hope he's back! Go Rangers.good swing by Hamilton, but pitchers seem to be giving up lately on pitching him away and out of strike zone as Hamilton isn't swinging at those way outside pitches lately. Hopefully he gets more pitches to work with.

Now we need Napoli to get going!

Tejastrue
08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
good swing by Hamilton, but pitchers seem to be giving up lately on pitching him away and out of strike zone as Hamilton isn't swinging at those way outside pitches lately. Hopefully he gets more pitches to work with.

Now we need Napoli to get going!

Amen to that! Hamilton is reminding people he can play some defense too. We need Napoli to find his zone!

Tejastrue
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
A lot of people have chastised Hamilton and Napoli..but maybe it is time to talk about a Cruz misfire...it's really tough to watch his defensive play..especially after last year...with that being said..Go Rangers!!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-11-2012, 03:29 PM
A lot of people have chastised Hamilton and Napoli..but maybe it is time to talk about a Cruz misfire...it's really tough to watch his defensive play..especially after last year...with that being said..Go Rangers!!the only plus side defensively for Cruz is his arm but his range is average at best and doesn't have a feel for the wall like most mlb outfielders do. I dont see them changing the way they use Cruz but DH would be perfect but not an option right now.

Tejastrue
08-11-2012, 07:01 PM
the only plus side defensively for Cruz is his arm but his range is average at best and doesn't have a feel for the wall like most mlb outfielders do. I dont see them changing the way they use Cruz but DH would be perfect but not an option right now.

You are right. I just know every time they hit it his way, to me, it's more like "is he going to catch it" instead of "if he can get to it he'll catch it".

Hope we can get to Verlander tonight and Holland finds his groove.

regaleagle
08-11-2012, 09:27 PM
With the talent the Rangers have riding the bench that can play the outfield, I'd try Cruz at DH and see how he does in that role. It couldn't hurt, and may actually give the Rangers more options in alot of different ways. Cruz is not at all impressive as a right fielder for a major league player. He should be willing to either improve his fielding, or be willing to be relegated to a DH role a large percentage of the season.

Tejastrue
08-11-2012, 10:00 PM
If only it was that simple..

Tejastrue
08-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Although I did not agree with pulling Holland...nice dramatic win Rangers!!

regaleagle
08-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Yes, nice to see the young Mr. Olt come through with a walk-off hit when the Rangers needed it. When in doubt, put in the rookie bat on the bench...a baseball tradition.

regaleagle
08-12-2012, 08:57 AM
The Rangers are now 66-46 for the season, 5 1/2 games ahead of 2nd place Oakland, and 7 ahead of the Angels in the AL West. Darvish will be on the mound today against Porcello in the series finale. The Rangers then head out for a 7-game roadtrip...4 at NY Yankees and 3 at Toronto...before coming back to Arlington for a 10-gamer against the Orioles, Twinkies, and Rays. The 7-gamer will be a test for the Rangers against two teams playing well now. The Yankees are percentage pts. better with the best record in the AL at 67-46 going into today's game. They lost CC Sabathia to the DL, so the Rangers will catch NY without him pitching against us in that 4-gamer. Napoli for the Rangers is also on the DL until his back and shoulder problems can be examined and rested. That may be why he hasn't been able to hit well this season. It's been a recurring problem all season. This stretch of the next 17 games will have to be better than .500 ball by the Rangers if they expect to keep their AL West lead intact. The A's are playing well, and the Angels are capable of putting a win-streak together at any time with their personnel. Holland pitched well last nite, as did Verlander for Detroit. The Rangers made fewer mistakes and had a couple of more hits than did Detroit to win in the 9th. Let's hope Darvish has a good outing today.

Tejastrue
08-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Very productive day. Darvish gets win #12, Hamilton hits another hr and both LA and Oakland lose. Now it's off to NY against the team I love to hate. Go Rangers.

regaleagle
08-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Rangers drop third in a row to the Yankees, but still have a 5 1/2 game lead in the AL West. They look like they are in those "dog days" of August, tired from the heat and just not as sharp as they could be. Of course, it's not nearly as hot in NY, but it'll take some time for them get outta this funk. Kinsler not hitting, neither is Young. Josh homered twice with solo shots.... that should tell you something about the first of the line-up right there. And when they do get RISP, they're not doing a good job of capitalizing. Hopefully, things will turn around for the better soon.

Old Tiger
08-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Yankees are just the better team.

regaleagle
08-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Kinda looks that way for now, but there's plenty of season left. And the when the playoffs get here, that is a new season in itself. Home field advantage is a big plus for the team with the best record, but first the Rangers need to take care of business in the AL West. Same for the Yankees in the East. About a month from now, we will know more.

Tejastrue
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Let them enjoy this..for now. It's great that it's a big deal to beat the Rangers in a series. Us long time Ranger fans know how it use to be. The NY pitchers have looked very good but they're not that good. Rangers' hitting as team is down. As Regal said, we'll get to see who really is the better team. Can't wait.

Macarthur
08-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Yankees are just the better team.

I don't know if it's that clear cut. Go position by position and tell me who's better:

Pitching - W/ CC, Yankees w a slight advantage
Bullpen - Rangers

Catcher - Push (If Nap were to catch fire, adv Rangers)

1st - Yankees, although Moreland, now healthy, actually had a higher BA than Tex

2nd - Yankees

3rd - Rangers and it's not close. Beltre is struggling right now, but he'll be fine.

SS - Jeter by a hair because of his offense, but Elvis is far superior defensively at this stage in Jeter's career.

LF - Murphy/Hamilton - Rangers

CF - Hamilton/Gentry - Rangers

RF - Push, but since I hate Swisher more than any professional athlete, I'm giving it to Nellie :)

I think the Yankees have a very slight advantage on the infield offensively, but the Rangers infield is far superior defensively.

Rangers have a much better outfield

Rangers Bullpen is stronger.

These teams are very very close.

Txbroadcaster
08-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't know if it's that clear cut. Go position by position and tell me who's better:

SS - Jeter by a hair because of his offense, but Elvis is far superior defensively at this stage in Jeter's career.

Elvis has two less runs, more doubles, more triples,more RBI, more walks about the same K's more stolen bases...all that in 50 less plate apperances...He has surpasse Jeter in the field and at the plate

Macarthur
08-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Elvis has two less runs, more doubles, more triples,more RBI, more walks about the same K's more stolen bases...all that in 50 less plate apperances...He has surpasse Jeter in the field and at the plate

That doesn't surprise me. I didn't look any deeper than the BA.

I think a strong argument can be made that the Rangers are clearly better (back to back WS, anyone).

I think you can make an argument that the Yankees are better this year, but for someone to say the Yankess are 'clearly better' is just not true. That was my intention.

Macarthur
08-16-2012, 01:04 PM
This is why the team is so frustrating. Andrus and Young work walks to load the bases and no outs. 3-4-5 hitters coming up and they swing at 6 of the next 7 pitches and don't get a single damn run in.

I know it's a long season and the manager can't go crazy all the time or the team will tune you out. However, that is one thing that I think Wash needs to kick some ass and turn over some trash cans. That is inexcusable. That is being a professional.

Tejastrue
08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
We scored ten..could have easily been 15. I'll take it. Holland deserved better but it has been his nature. Always nice to get a win, especially in NY.

regaleagle
08-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Ten runs on 16 hits against the Yankees ain't bad at all. Was nice to see the whole line-up hitting again. This is just what the Rangers needed....a dominant performance at the plate and at least one win at NY for their confidence. I hope they go on a late-season hot streak now.

regaleagle
08-19-2012, 03:21 PM
The Rangers won against the Toronto Bluejays today 11-2, taking the series 2-1. They go 3-4 on the roadtrip, and now head back to Arlington for another 10-game homestand. It could have been worse, but they did get at least one win over the Yankees and didn't lose but 1/2 game to the A's in the standings. Meanwhile, the Angels are having a difficult time of it right now, leading the Rays last nite 8-0 before losing 10-8. Like I stated early in the season on here, look out for those A's. They have some very good young players coming into their own now, and could give their opponents trouble, the Rangers included. There's a whole month-plus left to play, so stay tuned.

Tejastrue
08-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Harrison remains solid. Angels not careful they'll be sitting home this fall.

Macarthur
08-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Harrison remains solid. Angels not careful they'll be sitting home this fall.

Oh, I think it's over. I know they're not that far back in the WC, but there is just somthing about that club that is not right. I think they've got too many dewshers on one team. :)

Slick50
08-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Angels are dunskie

Roughneck93
08-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Damn, Beltre is on fire!

regaleagle
08-27-2012, 11:55 PM
The Yankees lost again tonite, this time to Toronto. That helps to extend the Rangers lead with the best record in the AL, which gives them homefield advantage come playoff time IF they end up with the best record. The Rays and Yankees will have to go head-to-head about seven more times before the season ends, so the Rangers really need to win this 3-gamer in Arlington against the Rays this week. There will be another 3-gamer against the Rays in Tampa next week that will be tough. Then the head-to-head against division rivals starts on Sept. 14 and doesn't end til the end of the regular season on Oct. 3rd. No more games with the Yankees in the regular season....just the Indians, Royals, Rays, and a whole bunch with division rivals. The Rangers control their own destiny now....sitting in the catbird seat!!!

coach
08-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Bull pen looked great last night. If we can get ogando, adams, and nathan to be that dominant then we only need our starters to go 6 innings during the playoffs.

Tejastrue
08-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Darvish looked the best he has all year. We needed every pitch of it. Can't say enough about Nathan either. Oakland is not going away though!

Roughneck93
09-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Jurickson Profar making his MLB debut today.

Hits a HR in his first at bat. :2thumbsup

regaleagle
09-02-2012, 01:07 PM
What a way to start your MLB career, LOL.

Roughneck93
09-02-2012, 01:25 PM
What a way to start your MLB career, LOL.

Doubles in his second AB too.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
A's are creeping closer! Rangers been playing good winning series and the A's still gaining ground. Could be a interesting septmeber after all.

Bullaholic
09-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Wilson got chased in 3rd---gotta love it. Rangers on top of Angels 3-0. Go Rangers...

regaleagle
09-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Rangers really need this win against the Angels tonite. The A's lost earlier to Detroit, so if they can hold on with their 3-2 lead or extend it and win this game, they will put a full game on the board against both opponents.

regaleagle
09-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Rangers beat the Angels while the A's lose to Detroit to extend the Rangers lead in the West to 4 games. Now they have some breathing room to play looser. If they can further extend their lead thru this weekend, then they position themselves for the best record in the AL and draw the Wild Card team for the playoffs at Arlington. Baltimore is on a tear with a 15 game winning streak, though. They appear to be very formidable, but I hope they use their juice now before the playoffs begin.

Deuce
09-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Great win! The best thing was that Hamilton and Beltre were not even in the lineup and we still get the win. What made it even better is the fact that CJ is now 0-2 with a 7.65 era in 5 starts against the Rangers!

Macarthur
09-20-2012, 09:36 AM
The Rangers are clearly the best team in the AL. Of course, the scary thing is that when it comes to the playoffs, it's all about the team that is hot. I think the A's and O's probably fit that bill, but I think the Rangers can handle both of those teams.

Tejastrue
09-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Holland has pitched really well his last 4 starts. Very good sign. This was a big game for him and the Rangers..but they all are at this point I guess.. A's have lost 3 in a row now..are they fading after peaking so early?

regaleagle
09-20-2012, 01:24 PM
With Baltimore streaking, the Yankees have lost the division lead to them and are now the new Wild Card leader. This year, there is a fifth team that will also recieve a chance to become the Wild Card with the next best record. That could be the A's. They are playing for at least that spot. The 4th and 5th teams would play a one-gamer to determine the true Wild Card team that would then play the team with the best record(Rangers currently) in the AL in a five game playoff series. To me, Baltimore has been good all season. If they do in fact hold on and win the East, expect a tough series if they meet the Rangers for the Pennant. Their team is the real deal.

Tejastrue
09-20-2012, 05:16 PM
A's took their game today in Detroit so the Rangers need to get after it tonight. Darvish is on the mound.

ccmom
09-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Please protect this lead in the bottom of the inning so I can go to bed! I'm getting too old for West coast games!!

Ville-D
09-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Please protect this lead in the bottom of the inning so I can go to bed! I'm getting too old for West coast games!!

Something we agree on. ;)

regaleagle
09-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Rangers in a tight one here against Greinke and the Angels. It's 1-1 top of the 9th. Young leads off with a single. Reliever in now. Maybe the Rangers can hit this guy and score a run or two. Grienke was just awesome, and so is Darvish....a pitching duel. Darvish has gone 8 innings. Don't know if he will go in the bottom of the 9th, but he should. His stuff is good and dancing all over the place, just nipping the strike zone. There it goes....Beltre just tomahawked on over the fence.....see ya!! Two run shot that got outta there fast. No outs yet and Cruz up now. He probably wants some too. Pop up. Thought I'd give you a play by play here in the top of the 9th. One out and Murphdawg to the plate now. Josh is sitting out tonite for the second nite in a row. Getting some beauty sleep. Mursph sends its to the warning track in right. Two outs and catcher Soto up now. Pop up to right field. Beltre's two-run shot gives the Rangers a 3-1 lead going into the bottom of the 9th. Let's see if Wash will leave in Darvish to finish them off....he should.

ccmom
09-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Woohoo! Goodnight Angels....goodnight me!

regaleagle
09-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Nope. Closer Joe Nathan comes in and gets the Save. Big win for the Rangers again tonite. Nathan gets here 34th Save out of 36 tries for the year. Beltre gets the gamewinning hit with his 34th homer of the season. Really well-pitched game tonite that the Angels absolutely had to have. With the A's winning today against Detroit, it will be a miracle for the Angels to qualify for the playoffs. They spent millions in the off-season and earlier this year for Grienke, Pujols, and C.J. Wilson. Adios Angels. Maybe next year. Rangers lookiiiing gooood!!!!!

Roughneck93
09-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Rangers with a big win over the A's tonight.

Lead in the West increased to 5 games and magic number reduced to 5. :2thumbsup

regaleagle
09-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Since they are in a head to head with the A's, and the A's are their closest competitors, the Rangers can clinch on Thurs. IF they sweep the A's in this series. I will be in Arlington on Thurs. watching that game. It is a 1:05 start time day game, and Harrison will be on the mound. Even if the Rangers don't clinch it on Thursday, it will be fun to watch this last regular season game with the A's where everything is on the line. If the Rangers lose to the A's previous to that game, it will still be a very important game for them to win. Darvish pitches Tues. nite, and Perez on Wed. nite. Tonite's win was basically a nail in the coffin for the A's, barring a total collapse by the Rangers. Everybody knows that's not gonna happen. They lead the Yankees by 2 games having the best record in the AL at this juncture. More wins secure them homefield advantage to start the playoffs.

outlaw
09-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Go rangers!!

Tejastrue
09-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Darvish out tonight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/darvish-scratched-start-against-oakland-220050616--mlb.html

outlaw
09-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Magic number is now 3

Tejastrue
09-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Rangers about to get swept by the Angels. Down 4-0 (Holland pitching) in game 3. It's only the 1st but this does not look good especially after Nathan blew game 1 of the doubleheader in the 9th. Our bats need to wake up in a hurry.

Roughneck93
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Rangers about to get swept by the Angels. Down 4-0 (Holland pitching) in game 3. It's only the 1st but this does not look good especially after Nathan blew game 1 of the doubleheader in the 9th. Our bats need to wake up in a hurry.

Rangers with a comeback and win 8-7, clinching a playoff spot in the process.

Magic number down to 2 and can clinch the West with one more win.

Texas also leads the Yankees and Orioles by one game for the best record in the AL.

:2thumbsup

ccmom
09-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Texas also leads the Yankees and Orioles by one game for the best record in the AL.

:2thumbsup That last one seemed eerily similar to today's first game in the 9th. I sure liked the second outcome better!!! Go Rangers!!!

ccmom
09-30-2012, 10:06 PM

:2thumbsup double post....Tiganut is rubbing off on me!! Oh wait....influencing me would be a better use of words. ;)

regaleagle
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Let's see now.....Washington starts unknown 21 y.o. Martine Perez not once, but twice in the last week during these crucial games against the A's. And he bombs both times. What in the Sam Hill is he thinking? It's hard enough to win the division without this kind of insane "out of the galaxy" coaching decision. The Rangers have too many pitchers that are proven commodities to resort to this kind of what? Trial-testing at the end of the season while in a battle for the AL West???? I don't know what bus he got off of, but maybe the mob offered Wash something or has the goods on him, take your pick. You know he was given a 2nd chance after doing drugs. Just doesn't make any good baseball sense to me....with all the other choices you could go to. I imagine the players aren't too happy about it, either.....esp. after playing hard all season and this new kid comes up and is given the ball to start to must-win games. I don't know, but something doesn't smell right here.

83Indian
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Let's see now.....Washington starts unknown 21 y.o. Martine Perez not once, but twice in the last week during these crucial games against the A's. And he bombs both times. What in the Sam Hill is he thinking? It's hard enough to win the division without this kind of insane "out of the galaxy" coaching decision. The Rangers have too many pitchers that are proven commodities to resort to this kind of what? Trial-testing at the end of the season while in a battle for the AL West???? I don't know what bus he got off of, but maybe the mob offered Wash something or has the goods on him, take your pick. You know he was given a 2nd chance after doing drugs. Just doesn't make any good baseball sense to me....with all the other choices you could go to. I imagine the players aren't too happy about it, either.....esp. after playing hard all season and this new kid comes up and is given the ball to start to must-win games. I don't know, but something doesn't smell right here.

I have to agree. Win the west first and then pitch Perez. Of course Wash does have back to back world series appearances and was part of Moneyball:wave:

regaleagle
10-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Well, you can pin both of these losses on Perez, but more precisely Ron Washington's decision to give this guy the start. All runs were given up and earned by Perez. Wash must be back on the drugs again....or feeling like he knows more than the rest of baseball's gurus. What he did here is close to insane in baseball circles....and nobody's publicly saying anything! I'll watch MLB tonite and see what they say. I just know the Ranger players cannot be too pleased with this turn of events in the pitching rotataion right at season's end.

Deuce
10-02-2012, 07:23 AM

What other choices do you think he had? Feldman??? He has stunk his last 6 starts. He wasn't going to go with Oswalt because he hasn't been stretched out enough to start and go 5 or 6 innings. The only other option was to go with Harrison on 4 days rest. I agree Perez wasn't even close to great but we have to start hitting the ball. In the 3rd inning when Napoli and Moreland lead off with hits, we should have scored more than 1 run, but thanks to Kinsler and Hamilton K's we only get 1. Remember we only need 1 win out of 3 games to clinch division. Wash wasn't going to run Harrison out there on 4 days rest when he can get a win from him today and clinch.

outlaw
10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
No worries guys, we got this

TexasFight
10-02-2012, 10:01 AM
It is very evident to me that the Rangers, especially Hamilton, are going through the motions. No energy, no excitement. I guess they are thinking the playoffs will be long enough to get the momentum going again. So here's my prediction - Rangers win one game in the playoffs and are eliminated in their first round. Hope I'm wrong....

Deuce
10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
One other thing, tonight we have the same pitching matchup we did last week with Harrison and Blackley. We put 5 on the board against Blackley and he didn't make it out of the 1st inning last week. Wash knows what hes doing, we just need to hit the damn ball. If we don't start hitting it's going to be an early exit from the playoffs anyway regardless if were a wildcard or division champ.

outlaw
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I can swing as good as Hamilton is right now. Man he looks awful, don't look like he has a care in the world.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 10:16 AM
I can swing as good as Hamilton is right now. Man he looks awful, don't look like he has a care in the world.

yet he is hitting .300 since the eye issue

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 10:17 AM

yet he is hitting .300 since the eye issue with 3 HR in 8 games

outlaw
10-02-2012, 10:30 AM
yet he is hitting .300 since the eye issue with 3 HR in 8 games

ya with 14 strikeouts

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 10:35 AM
ya with 14 strikeouts

yep..but I will still take the .300...just like win agianst Angels..you gonna fault him for 2 Ks when he had 3 hits in 5 ABs?

outlaw
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
yep..but I will still take the .300...just like win agianst Angels..you gonna fault him for 2 Ks when he had 3 hits in 5 ABs?

His demeanor just gets the best of me, that's all

SintonFan_inAustin
10-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Hopefully Harrison shuts down the A's tonight, don't want to see a down to the last game scenario for the AL West title!

outlaw
10-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Hopefully Harrison shuts down the A's tonight, don't want to see a down to the last game scenario for the AL West title!

Me neither, hopefully we jump on them early.

regaleagle
10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Now that the A's have clinched at least a playoff spot, in their minds the division title would be the icing on the cake for the great run they have had this season. OR they could just be drained emotionally to the point that they lose the edge they have been playing with these past several months. I feel the pressure to win the division falls on the Rangers at this point, so playing loose tonite will be a challenge for them. The A's on the other hand, feel like they have nothing to lose....and a division title to steal away from the season-long leading Rangers right at the end of the regular season. Of course, the A's have to sweep the Rangers with wins tonite and tomorrow nite for that to happen. Tonite will be the best time for the Rangers to win the title outright. If they are swept by the A's, the Rangers will play a one-gamer against the other wild card team(Yankees or Baltimore-both are currently tied and battling for the division title too). Crazy ending for a long season in the American League, huh?

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Josh Hamilton just cost the Rangers 2 runs in the bottom of the 4th with 2 outs. He lackadaisically ran in on a high pop up, didn't set his feet to catch it, and kept moving while taking it in the glove. It hit off the glove and 2 runs scored for the A's to take the lead 7-5. TOTALLY INEXECUSABLE. I played center all my career, but certainly never did that even in a nothing game. The way I see it, and I have been a Rangers fan since inception and a rabid follower of MLB all my life, the A's deserve and earned their way this season, and the Rangers pretty much have the best team, but haven't performed at the level the A's have. It's a testament to what it really takes individually and as a team to be a champion. In my eyes, the Rangers as a team have not played that role. They have coasted when they could, and now it has caught up to them. SHAME>SHAME>SHAME. The loyal paying fans that are responsible for their high paychecks are the losers here. They deserve more. This team had more to give, but didn't. Washington is also a main culprit in the Rangers not being able to close it out. HE personally made poor decisions down the stretch that impacted the whole season. I say give him his release after the season.....fire his butt!!! The Rangers can do better, and should have with this group.

Bullaholic
10-03-2012, 04:39 PM
8-5 A's top of 6th----not-a-good....Where are those AL Champ Rangers???

BullBoy
10-03-2012, 04:48 PM
If they go in as the wild card they're done.. But I hope I'm wrong.

pirate4state
10-03-2012, 04:52 PM
If they go in as the wild card they're done.. But I hope I'm wrong.

i don't even really watch them full time and they look done to me!

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Busby and Grieve are trying to "smooth" this collapse over as much as possible, but I guarantee Nolan is not a happy camper. I imagine the sh*t will hit the fan for what has happened in the last month this season, and there will be those that will be asked to leave....mainly Ron Washington. Mark my words, he is GONE. G-0-N-E, don't let the door hit you on the way out, regardless of how the Rangers do from here. Which is just fine with me, and should be for the rest of the Rangers loyal fanbase. Where's the fire like Buck Showalter and others in the business instill in their teams??? DUH, not here.

Tejastrue
10-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Very sad how the Rangers have played this last month plus of the season. It should never have come to this. Just missed another golden opportunity in the 7th. They look like a defeated team. :crying:

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 05:18 PM
There are managers all over MLB muttering to themselves that they could have won it all with this Rangers team, maybe 2 years in a row. All along I have not been a supporter of Ron Washington, and now you can see why. He basically inherited a great set of players that Nolan and Buck and others put together, but has not done the job that 50% of MLB managers could have done. I'm shaking my head in disgust, knowing this would probably happen....and it did, again for the 2nd time. Last season it was in the World Series, and the year before we were just giddy to be there. But the truth is this team is special, but the coaching staff isn't. And there is your problem, sportsfans.

Deuce
10-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Busby and Grieve are trying to "smooth" this collapse over as much as possible, but I guarantee Nolan is not a happy camper. I imagine the sh*t will hit the fan for what has happened in the last month this season, and there will be those that will be asked to leave....mainly Ron Washington. Mark my words, he is GONE. G-0-N-E, don't let the door hit you on the way out, regardless of how the Rangers do from here. Which is just fine with me, and should be for the rest of the Rangers loyal fanbase. Where's the fire like Buck Showalter and others in the business instill in their teams??? DUH, not here.

Gets them to 2 world series and gets fired? I highly doubt it, but trust me I am just as frustrated as you at this point.

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Deuce, you know nothing about baseball. Just shut up and sit on it. I know that by what you just said. Uhh, sorry Deuce. My apologies. You can't help it that you know only as much as my wife about baseball. Didn't mean to get too personal about it.

Deuce
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Deuce, you know nothing about baseball. Just shut up and sit on it. I know that by what you just said. Uhh, sorry Deuce. My apologies. You can't help it that you know only as much as my wife about baseball. Didn't mean to get too personal about it.

Whatever Peter Gammons. I forgot more about baseball than u will ever know. You must be the typical bandwagon fan.

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Right, Deuce. If that were the case, where have your posts been all season? And your added 2 cents worth. Nonexistent. The reason you forgot so much is that you never knew anything in the first place. You're a fairweather fan, just admit it. I have been thru every season with this team even when they were losers. Showing up at the old park and being a knowledgable caring fan in 100 degree heat even 20 yrs ago. So don't give me your song and dance. And I played the game all my young life, was invited and attended the Pro training camps out of high school(early 70s), made every all star team I qualified for, and was looked at by all the scouts, and encouraged to continue playing the game. I chose differently, and that was my decision, and I regret it. So don't even try to tell me what I don't know about this game. My dad was a pretty good baseball man(coach) so I grew up with it. I'm the one that knows more about this game than you could ever learn, Deuce. So now you can really go sit on it.

83Indian
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
What a sad showing by the Rangers. 1 game away from elimination.

83Indian
10-03-2012, 05:52 PM
i wonder how Nathan feels about those two blown saves last month?

Roughneck93
10-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I cannot believe the Rangers just got swept. :dispntd:

Deuce
10-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Right, Deuce. If that were the case, where have your posts been all season? And your added 2 cents worth. Nonexistent. The reason you forgot so much is that you never knew anything in the first place. You're a fairweather fan, just admit it. I have been thru every season with this team even when they were losers. Showing up at the old park and being a knowledgable caring fan in 100 degree heat even 20 yrs ago. So don't give me your song and dance. And I played the game all my young life, was invited and attended the Pro training camps out of high school(early 70s), made every all star team I qualified for, and was looked at by all the scouts, and encouraged to continue playing the game. I chose differently, and that was my decision, and I regret it. So don't even try to tell me what I don't know about this game. My dad was a pretty good baseball man(coach) so I grew up with it. I'm the one that knows more about this game than you could ever learn, Deuce. So now you can really go sit on it.

Ok Tim kurkjian. I read enough the last few days to know that u know squat about baseball. Now go play in the street.

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Well, there you have it sportsfans. Arguably the best team, player for player, in baseball. And they didn't play like a team on fire the last month of the season. Only .500 ball. Kudos to those A's though. They are on fire, and it's easy to see the difference in the two teams. Wonder what the problem is??? This replay of falling short again usually points not to the players, but elsewhere. But that's baseball. It's not over for the Rangers, but they will now have to climb a steep hill to get back to a Pennant title, much less the World Series. I'm not sure they have the chemistry in the clubhouse to do that. I still have hopes. Maybe they will, but it will take all they can muster to find it.

Tejastrue
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM

If you're trying to narrow this down to one individual player then forget about it. No way this falls on Nathan's shoulders.

Slick50
10-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Well, there you have it sportsfans. Arguably the best team, player for player, in baseball. And they didn't play like a team on fire the last month of the season. Only .500 ball. Kudos to those A's though. They are on fire, and it's easy to see the difference in the two teams. Wonder what the problem is??? This replay of falling short again usually points not to the players, but elsewhere. But that's baseball. It's not over for the Rangers, but they will now have to climb a steep hill to get back to a Pennant title, much less the World Series. I'm not sure they have the chemistry in the clubhouse to do that. I still have hopes. Maybe they will, but it will take all they can muster to find it.

You sure do blow alot of smoke to know nothing about baseball, what a jackwagon. Are you tired of typing yet?

Emerson1
10-03-2012, 07:31 PM

You are joking right?

Deuce
10-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Probably doesn't feel as bad as you do for posting something so ridiculous.

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Deuce, why don't you go crawl back into the hole you came out of, kinda like a ground hog looking for its shadow.

83Indian
10-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Probably doesn't feel as bad as you do for posting something so ridiculous.

Yes, I realize he had a great year, but Nathan had the chance to clinch the West division title and blew it. Actually blew two saves in September. So I may be being hard on him but its what have you done when it counts that matters.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_09_30_anamlb_texmlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=tex

83Indian
10-03-2012, 09:44 PM
You are joking right?

No not really

83Indian
10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
If you're trying to narrow this down to one individual player then forget about it. No way this falls on Nathan's shoulders.

No, not just his fault but he had the chance to clinch the West and blew it.

Tejastrue
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Looks like we get Baltimore at home on Friday for the one game playoff. If we're trying to find some positive amongst all the mess, this is about it, but I'll take it. We still have a shot.

Old Tiger
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
bahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha ha

Rangers suck

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 11:37 PM
What was that? A flock of sheep laughing at the Rangers. I guess. Heck, it's not the end of the world. They either win or lose, and have to deal with it. They got a 50/50 chance.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2012, 01:06 AM

did i miss something? ***

regaleagle
10-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Yeah, but it's still all there for you to peruse. Have at it. Hope you enjoy the dialogue.

Farmersfan
10-04-2012, 06:30 AM
I said last year that Ron Washington was riding a wave that he really had very little to do with creating and needs to go. The only thing worse than watching these guys play 2-7 ball against the division this last week and a half is watching them talk about it on TV. Based on their attitudes this was the most natural and normal thing in the game. No anger! No disappointment! No self recrimination! To me that spells NO CHANCE!

Deuce
10-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Deuce, why don't you go crawl back into the hole you came out of, kinda like a ground hog looking for its shadow.

Sure thing Mr. Baseball! You make such good arguments in here that your scaring me away.

outlaw
10-04-2012, 09:01 AM
We have Darvish on the mound Friday, the Rangers will turn it around and make a run in the playoffs.
And regaleagle if you think Wash is gonna get fired, you absolutely know nothing about baseball.

Farmersfan
10-04-2012, 11:20 AM
We have Darvish on the mound Friday, the Rangers will turn it around and make a run in the playoffs.
And regaleagle if you think Wash is gonna get fired, you absolutely know nothing about baseball.

And if Washington is fired, who will it be that doesn't know anything about baseball? Just curious......

GrTigers6
10-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I said last year that Ron Washington was riding a wave that he really had very little to do with creating and needs to go. The only thing worse than watching these guys play 2-7 ball against the division this last week and a half is watching them talk about it on TV. Based on their attitudes this was the most natural and normal thing in the game. No anger! No disappointment! No self recrimination! To me that spells NO CHANCE!You cant say that Wash had very little to do with their success. I gripe about Wash as much if not more than anyone else but he does deserve the credit. SOmeone had to pull this team together and after losing the first year he basically had to start all over building confidence that they could make it again. And Again hear we sit withJust 2 wins away from the best record in the American League.

regaleagle
10-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Bobby Valentine is muttering in the dugout as the Red Sox get bombed by the Yankees, wondering what it would be like to be the Manager of this Rangers team today, LOL. If you don't see the humor in this, then you're not a real baseball fan, haha.

outlaw
10-04-2012, 02:13 PM
And if Washington is fired, who will it be that doesn't know anything about baseball? Just curious......

You will

Deuce
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Rangers should have the advantage tomorrow facing Saunders who is 0-6 lifetime at the Ballpark with an ERA over 9. I think Yu will give us a good start and hopefully our bats will come around. If we do win you never know what might happen against the Yanks with the 1st two games at the Ballpark.

outlaw
10-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Rangers will win today and regal and farmersfan will be back on the bandwagon:stirpot:

Farmersfan
10-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Rangers will win today and regal and farmersfan will be back on the bandwagon:stirpot:

I've never been off the bandwagon outlaw! But if you want all bubblegum and lollipops where your team is concerned then maybe you need to go elsewhere. REAL MEN discuss the problems and mistakes from their team and talk about ways to make it better. REAL WOMEN talk about the flowers and kisses and how awesome the players look in their new uniforms................ Apparently you have selected your side! :wave:

Disclaimer: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

outlaw
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
I've never been off the bandwagon outlaw! But if you want all bubblegum and lollipops where your team is concerned then maybe you need to go elsewhere. REAL MEN discuss the problems and mistakes from their team and talk about ways to make it better. REAL WOMEN talk about the flowers and kisses and how awesome the players look in their new uniforms................ Apparently you have selected your side! :wave:

Disclaimer: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Real men dont have time to type 500 word essays, that are absolutely ludicrous. Wash is the problem, your crazy

Farmersfan
10-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Real men dont have time to type 500 word essays, that are absolutely ludicrous. Wash is the problem, your crazy

I never said Wash was the problem. I said he is ONE of the problems. And even if you think Ron Washington did a great job getting this team together 2 years ago that doesn't mean he is doing a great job now. Did you see Josh Hamilton's reaction to Wash's questions about his booted fly ball in the last game? Hamilton had ZERO concern that Washington was talking to him. The players "LOVE" Ron Washington and love to play for him. But when Washington has to get in their faces they will laugh at him like he was just another one of the guys. I think the players really like Ron Washington but I don't think they respect him as the Manager of the team. Just my opinion......
And we will see if Washington has the ability to "turn them on" once the playoffs start. I say with the attitude that I've seen from the players this past month they are done! I hope I'm proven wrong!

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I never said Wash was the problem. I said he is ONE of the problems. And even if you think Ron Washington did a great job getting this team together 2 years ago that doesn't mean he is doing a great job now. Did you see Josh Hamilton's reaction to Wash's questions about his booted fly ball in the last game? Hamilton had ZERO concern that Washington was talking to him. The players "LOVE" Ron Washington and love to play for him. But when Washington has to get in their faces they will laugh at him like he was just another one of the guys. I think the players really like Ron Washington but I don't think they respect him as the Manager of the team. Just my opinion......
And we will see if Washington has the ability to "turn them on" once the playoffs start. I say with the attitude that I've seen from the players this past month they are done! I hope I'm proven wrong!

First off..we dont know what was being said when Hamilton did that chuckle.....but if he was laughing in Wash's face then he would be the only one and I think that is because he has hit a funk somewhere in his life and has started to show his douche side

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm the one that stood up and publicly criticized Wash on here, and I'll stand by opinions....thank you very much. I'm not a Wash supporter and never have been one. I like Buck Showalter and his style of Management, to tell you the truth. This team is so special it didn't take a special manager to get them to the WS two years in a row. And Wash was not responsible for assembling this talent. He's a players' Manager in the clubhouse, but on the field his moves I find lacking. And his lack of discipline does at times show through with this team. Like FF said, he may be well-liked by the players....but I seriously doubt he carries the kind of leadership and respect a Joe Madden, Buck Showalter, Bobby Cox, Jim Leland, and others have with their players. It's this kind of leadership and respect that the players depend on when things are going bad. Knowing what to do at what time, and with what players involved is crucial for leading and properly managing a MLB club. Choosing your staff is another consideration that plays a key role in the team makeup, and how they perform. That's why when some players are traded to a different club, you see different results from them. I think Wash has had more than his fair share of chances to show the Rangers Brass what his qualities are, and IMO Nolan and Jon have seen enough. I know I have.

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Buck wears thin in clubhouses because he lies to players and does alot of shady crap that eventually turn the clubhouse agianst him

BUT...supposedly he vowed to change his style with O's so maybe he truly has

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 06:52 PM
I just hope we don't have an AL Pennant being played by teams with letters.....O's and A's. I could handle a Rangers/Tigers showdown with no problem, LOL.

95mustang
10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Darvish is pitching well, but the bats are once again non-existant with runners in scoring position. Andrus is 2 for 2, and Young is 1 for 1, other than that its been crap!

BullBoy
10-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Rangers need to score here!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2012, 09:10 PM
no.1 offense has been missing several times this season and somehow they've maintain that. Offense neeeeeeeeeeeds to snap out of this slump!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2012, 09:53 PM
BTW..those saying no way Wash gets fired...not so fast...his biggest strength is getting most out of players...that did not happen this month

eagles_victory
10-05-2012, 09:55 PM
BTW..those saying no way Wash gets fired...not so fast...his biggest strength is getting most out of players...that did not happen this month I agree I said the same thing earlier today.

sotex
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Rangers doing their best Dallas Cowboys impression, both hands wrapped firmly around their throats, AAAGGGHHH!

Roughneck93
10-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Well, there it is. The collapse is complete.

Phil C
10-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Well, there it is. The collapse is complete.

Unfortunately not totally unexpected. :(

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Season is over for the Rangers. Baltimore continues their magic carpet ride this season with a 5-1 win over the Rangers in Arlington. Congrats to Buck Showalter and the O's for a great turnaround season for them. Same with the Athletics and their fantastic run with the young guys. A Rangers collapse down the stretch with some questionable moves in the pitching and overall lack of team cohesiveness spelled DOOM for this team when crunch time came. That's baseball, it's never over until it's over. And now it's over, at least for the Texas Rangers this season. Lots of wins, and lots of exciting baseball all season long.....just not in the last month.

defense51
10-05-2012, 11:12 PM
:weeping: epic fail in the last month of the season

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Now it's time to pay attention to my golf game with this cooler weather here finally, and to concentrate on the rest of the football season....that's the bright side.:)

83Indian
10-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Total team effort collapse. Some more than others. Hamilton is too flaky to keep around and missed games when needed the most. Relief pitching and closer were awful in September and October when needed the most. Bats were either hot or cold. Big guns could not deliver tonight. I will be glad to see Hamilton gone. I don't care about his offensive production. He was a cancer on the team down the stretch. And Nathan is not a top 10 closer in my opinion. He almost threw 40 pitches in one inning of relief tonight with 2 runs allowed. Blew 2 out of last 3 save opportunities in September. Would have blown 4 had we been ahead tonight. Profar looks like a player that can be pretty good next year. And before I forget, did we not learn in the series the last two years we need a legitimate first baseman?

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I thought Beltre, Murphy, and Andrus all had an outstanding season. Cannot say the same for some of the others the Rangers were counting on to shine when needed.

83Indian
10-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I thought Beltre, Murphy, and Andrus all had an outstanding season. Cannot say the same for some of the others the Rangers were counting on to shine when needed.

I agree. Nathan was good until September. Darvish did pretty well as well. Kinsler and Young had down years. Gentry looks like he can be pretty good. Too bad Hamilton is a head case.

Phil C
10-06-2012, 09:46 AM
The Rangers were doomed when the other owners decided that the Rangers had to be sold to Nolan Ryan instead of Mark Cuban. Mr. Ryan was a great player and did make them into contenders but Mr. Cuban had and would have sent the resources to get us those two extra players that would have helped us have a world series title last year. The other owners knew it so they wouldn't sell the Rangers to Mr. Cuban.

Emerson1
10-06-2012, 10:22 AM
The Rangers were doomed when the other owners decided that the Rangers had to be sold to Nolan Ryan instead of Mark Cuban. Mr. Ryan was a great player and did make them into contenders but Mr. Cuban had and would have sent the resources to get us those two extra players that would have helped us have a world series title last year. The other owners knew it so they wouldn't sell the Rangers to Mr. Cuban.

What? They were auctioned off and Cuban didn't bid as much as Nolan's group did. It's not like you to be completely wrong, Phil.

Bullaholic
10-08-2012, 09:32 AM
My $.02---Like a lot of folks I think Wash was too loyal to "his" guys---mainly some of the older players who all ran out of gas at the same time down the stretch when it really counted. Wash should have played Profar and Olt more earlier in the season and rested some of the older guys, and been willing to sit them more if they were obviously not doing the job, even if they said they were ok.

outlaw
10-08-2012, 10:12 AM
My $.02---Like a lot of folks I think Wash was too loyal to "his" guys---mainly some of the older players who all ran out of gas at the same time down the stretch when it really counted. Wash should have played Profar and Olt more earlier in the season and rested some of the older guys, and been willing to sit them more if they were obviously not doing the job, even if they said they were ok.

totally:iagree: but don't see them getting rid of Wash