PDA

View Full Version : Most NCAA wins?

Buckeye1980
07-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Just asking for opinions here...with the latest NCAA sanctions, Paterno loses over 100 wins, do you still feel he is the winningnest NCAA coach?

Roughneck93
07-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Now Paterno's last win came in 1997 vs Wisconsin. Leading the team to victory that day was...Mike McQueary.

How ironic.

bigwood33
07-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Just asking for opinions here...with the latest NCAA sanctions, Paterno loses over 100 wins, do you still feel he is the winningnest NCAA coach?
I know what the record book will say and to answer your question, yes. You can't un-ring a bell, only say to ignore it.

Phil C
07-23-2012, 11:32 AM
According to the NCAA the 2006 Rose Bowl never happened. This inspite of all the spectators that were there and millions of viewers watching it on tv (including myself).

coachc45
07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Joe Paterno is still the all-time wins leader.... I promise you Bobby Bowden will never say anything else, he will not accept the title this way.

lostaussie
07-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Bobby was supposed to be on Mike and Mike this morning. Unfortunately I got to work before the interview. I would have curious as to what he had to say.

Lion70
07-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Bobby was supposed to be on Mike and Mike this morning. Unfortunately I got to work before the interview. I would have curious as to what he had to say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just was on ESPN radio/Mike & Mike at 8AM Eastern.

Says he doubts many players will leave because "most went there because they love Penn State".

Says he teed off at around 9 yesterday and was halfway through the course when he was approached by somebody asking for his response to the NCAA ruling.

When asked about being the wins leader, said he can't enjoy it, given how it happened, and that there is no celebration in his house.

Says he knew Joe and Sue Paterno since 1952 and that they were friends - said they spent a lot of time together but never discussed the wins competition.

Says he had hoped the investigation would show that Joe didn't know anything about what was going on.

Tough to handle a difficult situation
even better