PDA

View Full Version : Astros trade....

Roughneck93
07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
...pitchers Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter to Toronto. In return, 'Sros get pitcher Francisco Cordero, outfielder Ben Francisco, four minor league players and a player to be named later.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2012/07/20/astros-trade-lyon-happ-and-carpenter-to-toronto-for-7-players/

Saggy Aggie
07-20-2012, 02:54 PM
...pitchers Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter to Toronto. In return, 'Sros get pitcher Francisco Cordero, outfielder Ben Francisco, four minor league players and a player to be named later.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2012/07/20/astros-trade-lyon-happ-and-carpenter-to-toronto-for-7-players/ yeah been reading up on these prospects. I like the deal.

Got rid of 3 pitchers that suck, got a closer to fill the gap when Myers is dealt, and picked up 3 pitching prospects and a catcher, positions the Astros farm is short on. This doesn't sound THAT promising, but 1 of these guys is a top 10 guy in the jays system and 2 others are top 20. All of them are having great years stats wise for their respective teams. High upside guys who have performed well recently.

Stros minor leagues is full of hitting prospects including Santana, Springer, DeShields, Correa, Villar, Mier, Wallace, F. Martinez) not to mention every outfielder in AAA is hitting out of their minds.

I love this trade. I couldn't stand Happ or Lyon and Carpenter wasn't exactly lighting it up this year. I have no idea what the Jays are thinking?

I love Jeff Luhnow

Maroon87
07-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if both Myers and Cordero moved before the 31st. The Astros don't really need a set closer anyway. They never have the lead in the 9th.

Saggy Aggie
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
yeah been reading up on these prospects. I like the deal.

Got rid of 3 pitchers that suck, got a closer to fill the gap when Myers is dealt, and picked up 3 pitching prospects and a catcher, positions the Astros farm is short on. This doesn't sound THAT promising, but 1 of these guys is a top 10 guy in the jays system and 2 others are top 20. All of them are having great years stats wise for their respective teams. High upside guys who have performed well recently.

Stros minor leagues is full of hitting prospects including Santana, Springer, DeShields, Correa, Villar, Mier, Wallace, F. Martinez) not to mention every outfielder in AAA is hitting out of their minds.

I love this trade. I couldn't stand Happ or Lyon and Carpenter wasn't exactly lighting it up this year. I have no idea what the Jays are thinking?

I love Jeff LuhnowLemme update those prospect rankings. The ones I gave before were preseason prospect rankings.

Current rankings have the Astros getting the jays #8,10 & 11 prospects, plus Rollins and a PTBNL

Saggy Aggie
07-21-2012, 03:06 PM
yeah been reading up on these prospects. I like the deal.

I love Jeff Luhnow as I suggested before, Brett Myers has been traded to the white sox for 2 minor league pitchers and a PTBNL.

Also made a waiver claim

Saggy Aggie
07-21-2012, 05:45 PM
And exactly as I predicted earlier, the Astros have named Cordero their closer.

Gontex
07-21-2012, 06:48 PM
HEY Saggy, Astros are on a pace to lose 100+ games, and don't need a closer. LOL To need a closer, you have to have a lead going into the 9th inning. Astros haven't done that much lately. Cordero will get lots of rest in Houston and should serve as good trade bait with Wandy. After that, there's nobody left to trade. Astros are 2-17 for their last 19 games.

Saggy Aggie
07-21-2012, 08:08 PM
HEY Saggy, Astros are on a pace to lose 100+ games, and don't need a closer. LOL To need a closer, you have to have a lead going into the 9th inning. Astros haven't done that much lately. Cordero will get lots of rest in Houston and should serve as good trade bait with Wandy. After that, there's nobody left to trade. Astros are 2-17 for their last 19 games. you're telling me nothing new.

All I was saying was Myers would be next and cordero would assume the position he had, basically he's Myers short term replacement.

YTBulldogs
07-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Gonna be a long several years for us Houston fan's. But, the system is going the right direction. It had to be gutted. Prior owner/management totally ruined things IMO. I'm amazed they are able to find someone to trade these players to, and get potential in return though.

Roughneck93
07-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Three big trades this month. Looking for a few more before the deadline.

Securing that 2013 #1 pick wouldn't be such a bad idea either. :)

YTBulldogs
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Three big trades this month. Looking for a few more before the deadline.

Securing that 2013 #1 pick wouldn't be such a bad idea either. :)

Well, they have the #1 pick sewed up for sure. Just don't see what they have left anyone would want. Maybe Wandy?

Roughneck93
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Well, they have the #1 pick sewed up for sure. Just don't see what they have left anyone would want. Maybe Wandy?

Yeah I see Wandy being traded at some point.

Roughneck93
07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
According to sources, Wandy has been traded to the Pirates.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2012/07/24/pirates-said-to-be-focused-on-wandyrodriguez-in-search-for-pitching/