PDA

View Full Version : Sinton/Cuero Scrimmage (Baseball)...

Gobbla2001
02-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Heard the Pie-Rats took it 4 to zip...

Vrabird
02-22-2004, 10:40 AM
When and where was this one played? Did you go to the scrimmage? Was it well played ,or are the preseason mistakes there? Does Cuero have a good team this year? Still very early in season.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2004, 11:19 AM
I honestly believe we will take a couple on the chin. We have i believe 3 or 4 starters coming back, and a bunch of untested talent in a lot of positions that all have to mesh together... The real seasons starts with district.

Interesting item of note: when asked about the district standings, Kaspryzk picked Mathis, then i believe Aransas Pass.

sinton66
02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
You really have to understand Gene to know why he would say that. He will never make predictions as far as the Pirates are concerned. I'm pretty sure Gene is one of those commited "under promise and over perform" folks. wink

Gobbla2001
02-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Vrabird - Not too sure where the game was at, just talked to one of the players last night... He said Cuero made some big mistakes in the 2nd inning and Sinton took advantage of it... He said Sinton looked very good, but he was looking forward to the rematch when the real game played between Sinton and Cuero takes place in a couple of weeks (forget where that one's at as well)...

We returned a lot of starters, ranked like 16 in the state I believe? Pretty good team, very well coached...

sinton66
02-22-2004, 12:37 PM
The scrimmage was at Cuero. The game will be March 9 at 7:00 pm in Sinton according to the ISD website.

<small>[ February 22, 2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Vrabird
02-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Gobbla for the info. Maybe we will see you in Sinton for the real game.

District303aPastPlayer
02-23-2004, 12:28 AM
sinton66:
You really have to understand Gene to know why he would say that. He will never make predictions as far as the Pirates are concerned. I'm pretty sure Gene is one of those commited "under promise and over perform" folks. wink i totally know where you are coming from. when he was my coach in AcaDec... he would give these speaches... and i dont know, something in it would make you want to go out and prove to him that you were better than what everyone said. The same in football. the man is one of those people who get inside your head without even trying and is very good at motivating you to better yourself.