PDA

View Full Version : Living Around San Marcos

Old Tiger
07-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I already have an apartment that will run me from August 19, 2012 - August 5, 2013. After that I am looking to moving to a neighboring city such as Canyon Lake, Kyle, or Wimberely. Any suggestions of homes in that area? Which would be cheapest and nicest?

Tejastrue
07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
http://plumcreektxhoa.com/outside_home.asp

http://cityofwoodcreek.com/

Plum Creek is a well maintained subdivision in Kyle if you don't mind the cookie cutter homes. Great location. Not sure what price range you need but the City of Woodcreek here in Wimberley seems to be the most reasonable in this area but be prepared to pay a premium for water usage. Both areas have great golf courses if you like to play.

wimbo_pro
07-20-2012, 08:41 AM
I already have an apartment that will run me from August 19, 2012 - August 5, 2013. After that I am looking to moving to a neighboring city such as Canyon Lake, Kyle, or Wimberely. Any suggestions of homes in that area? Which would be cheapest and nicest?

Wimberley is a great place to live, but traveling to Austin every morning (if thats what you do) can get very old, quickly. Its a great place if you have kids, nice if you are heading towards retirement...but single and wanting the night life....not so much.

regaleagle
07-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Sounds like the water issues in Woodcreek and Woodcreek North makes those areas out of bounds as far as living there. With all the natural springs around the Hill Country, it is a travesty for that to happen.

wimbo_pro
07-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Sounds like the water issues in Woodcreek and Woodcreek North makes those areas out of bounds as far as living there. With all the natural springs around the Hill Country, it is a travesty for that to happen.

Yeah, but its only in Woodcreek North and a portion of Woodcreek. The rest are on well (like me) or the other water company, which is reasonable. But water is a huge issue here, one of the reasons we went to a turf in our stadium.