PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Texas Football

Old Cardinal
12-05-2001, 08:05 PM
You hear, 21- 3A take it away, as Newton and Bridge City are still seeking a State Crown. It's interesting however, that their are 8 teams still alive in the playoffs from South East Texas. Nederland and Jasper have a good chance to win it all in Div 1 & Div 2 in 4A. What is interesting is how competitive all the teams are down here, a large number of teams are of high quality-not just one team dominating a District. Any news of forecast on these other assorted playoff teams from SE Texas?

oldbuff78
12-05-2001, 08:13 PM
VERY GOOD COMMENT ON SE TEXAS FOOTBALL.
SAME THING IN CENTRAL TEXAS AND DALLAS FT.WORTH AREA. ALSO SAN ANTONIO TEAMS STRONGER THIS YEAR THAN IN THE PAST.
WESTLAKE,BASTROP,GIDDINGS.LAGRANGE ALL WITHIN 55 MILES.GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!!

oldbuff78
12-05-2001, 08:25 PM
FORGOT AUSTIN REAGAN!!!
SORRY!

Matthew328
12-05-2001, 10:04 PM
I was thinkin of how good the Golden Triangle had done this year...8 teams left...I had posted on the pig about how well the Metroplex has done...there could be a number of state champs this year...in 5A Division 1 you got Keller Fossil Ridge playing Mesquite in the state semis....in the 5A D2 Region 1 Final Trinity and DeSoto play..in 4A D2 Region 1 Southlake Carroll is still alive as they take on Frenship...in 4A Division 1 Burleson takes on Denton Ryan in another Metroplex matchup...in 4A D2 Region 2 Ennis takes on Highland Park in another Metroplex game...in 3A D1 Everman is still alive as they play Perryton...in 3A D2 Kennedale is alive as they play Bridgeport...and in 2A of course you got Celina..I think that is 12 teams still in it..I can't remember it being this late and having this many DFW teams left