PDA

View Full Version : Hook&Ladder

YTBulldogs
07-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Great seeing you again Mr. V at the Shiner Star Complex. Nice bomb your son hit too. They need more playing time (as a new group) before the World Series in Weimar later this month IMO. See ya there bud.

hookandladder
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Great seeing you again Mr. V at the Shiner Star Complex. Nice bomb your son hit too. They need more playing time (as a new group) before the World Series in Weimar later this month IMO. See ya there bud.

Good seeing you also, you should have come by the Motorhome and visited. I think this weekend they will gell more as a team, there were some kids that stepped up and might have won some spots this last weekend. Think this team has the right combination of kids to do well, we will have to hit better as a team however overall great group of kids. The best part this team is really young, only about 3 or 4 players that are 18.

YTBulldogs
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of coming out there and visiting ya in your AC motor home. You taking it to Weimar? Might need some AC then.

I was impressed with that first team we played Sat, that 15 and under team. Well coached by former MLB player, Tim Belk. They gave a good showing. Our team seemed to struggle against LHP'ing. Hopefully, they'll line that out before the WS? Yes, team is young and they seemed to have fun together.

hookandladder
07-18-2012, 06:22 AM
In our last game on Sunday the kid that pitched for the Bandits is being recruited by Texas A&M, I sat next to the scout and talked to him. The kid averaged 87-89 and toped out at 91 thru 7 innings, also threw 4 pitches. That was good to see some quailty pitching, When we face Alabama and California in pool play we will face that kind of pitching.

YTBulldogs
07-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Yup, he is the type of pitching we will see from around the country @ Weimar. We have to play fundamental style baseball, and not shoot ourselves in the foot on routine plays. We'll hold our own IMO against them other states best. They'll be battle tested by qualifying to get to Weimar. Yet, we will be rested. Need to schedule a tough series with someone before WS IMO.