PDA

View Full Version : Rocket 2012

Bullaholic
07-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Love him or hate him, Rocket is one of the most singularly polarizing characters ever on the 3ADL. We have suffered nearly thru another long off-season---time to bring Rocket back for this season---just too many good dance partners for him to pass up exchanging pleasantries with---plus the overwhelming draw of several potentially powerhouse 4A dropdowns for him to analyze their chances.

C'mon down, Rocket---let's see if you can still pad up and bring some game....... Let's Dance! :D

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Love him or hate him, Rocket is one of the most singularly polarizing characters ever on the 3ADL. We have suffered nearly thru another long off-season---time to bring Rocket back for this season---just too many good dance partners for him to pass up exchanging pleasantries with---plus the overwhelming draw of several potentially powerhouse 4A dropdowns for him to analyze their chances.

C'mon down, Rocket---let's see if you can still pad up and bring some game....... Let's Dance! :D
Rocket is greatness. Agree or disagree with him, he is fun to read!

BEAST
07-16-2012, 02:57 PM

He will show up at just the right time. He is one of the few that you cant coax out of hibernation. Just sit back and wait for it, he will show up.

BEAST

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 03:01 PM
He will show up at just the right time. He is one of the few that you cant coax out of hibernation. Just sit back and wait for it, he will show up.

BEAST
Beast, what happend to the Brownwood message board? I have it on my favorites and was trying to go post something today and got re-directed to Facebook.

BEAST
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Beast, what happend to the Brownwood message board? I have it on my favorites and was trying to go post something today and got re-directed to Facebook.

For now you can post stuff on the facebook site. It will reach all the same folks and a lot more. Rocket is tinkering with an idea. For now though, it will route you to the facebook site.

BEAST

Cam
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM

I'm ready to waltz with that boy!.....:crazy1:

Sville
07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Chumpalicious is a pretender just like his baby loins. He better come strong or not at all this year cuz his @$$ is grass.

Bullaholic
07-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Chumpalicious is a pretender just like his baby loins. He better come strong or not at all this year cuz his @$$ is grass.

Music to my ears. It's going to be a fun ride this season with lots of new contributors. Can't wait to see where each week takes us....

BEAST
07-16-2012, 04:33 PM

Dont let this joker fool you, him and Rocket are actually friends.

BEAST

Cam
07-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Rocket's been out flyin' his rockets!....Sville, isn't that the same UFO seen over your neck of the woods awhile back??....:thinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJO9FylZcg8

Bullaholic
07-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Dont let this joker fool you, him and Rocket are actually friends.

BEAST

As most of us are, Beast---with very rare exception....Sure is fun not to let it show much during the season, though, Beast....:D

hollywood
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Rocket hates Stephenville
He also hates that I support them
I still love Rocket though

Cam
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM

for a moment there Hollywood, I thought you were makin' an attempt at a limerick!!.....

bp80884
07-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm sure Stephenville has a "Rocket".

Every village has one!

BwdLion73
07-16-2012, 07:54 PM
For now you can post stuff on the facebook site. It will reach all the same folks and a lot more. Rocket is tinkering with an idea. For now though, it will route you to the facebook site.

BEAST
Sad day for us non-Facebook people. I'll miss it.

oldtownag
07-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Rocket has been owned repeatedly on this website...........Fact

zebrablue2
07-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm sure Stephenville has a "Rocket".

Every village has one!

Some are smaller than others:eek:

buckeyebob
07-17-2012, 05:11 AM
Rocket has been owned repeatedly on this website...........Fact

to the point of embarrassment

Rocket
07-17-2012, 02:30 PM

I always have game and bring the game. I also bring the pain. This board is so pathetic and weak. It makes me yawn. Especially in the offseason.

Stephenville? lol They are going to get to enjoy 2 true years of the 4A-3A transition that Brownwood never got to have. Stephenville will probably get it done simply because of their talent, not their coach. They could probably show up every Friday night without a coaching staff and win it all. That is because they are so used to playing powerhouse teams in their recent history.

Celina still sucks and is still in their decline to permanent mediocrity.

The East Texas mojo is not about speed, but about refs in their favor. That is always hard to get past. That is their mojo.

Brownwood will do very well this season. I expect a Semifinal appearance, with the possibility to win it all if some key things develop like I think they may. Stephenville and Brownwood will soon dominate 3A (Division I and Division II). All I have to say to Liberty Hill is get ready to get your jocks handed to you.

toddg
07-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I always have game and bring the game. I also bring the pain. This board is so pathetic and weak. It makes me yawn. Especially in the offseason.

Stephenville? lol They are going to get to enjoy 2 true years of the 4A-3A transition that Brownwood never got to have. Stephenville will probably get it done simply because of their talent, not their coach. They could probably show up every Friday night without a coaching staff and win it all. That is because they are so used to playing powerhouse teams in their recent history.

The East Texas mojo is not about speed, but about refs in their favor. That is always hard to get past. That is their mojo.

Brownwood will do very well this season. I expect a Semifinal appearance, with the possibility to win it all if some key things develop like I think they may. Stephenville and Brownwood will soon dominate 3A (Division I and Division II). All I have to say to Liberty Hill is get ready to get your jocks handed to you.

i seriously doubt Brownwood gets past Alvarado in the DII playoffs..:evilgrin:

Bullaholic
07-17-2012, 02:48 PM

The Rocket has launched....Welcome to the new season, Rocket...

Hear ye, hear ye. Enter in and stand forth all ye who have issue with the poster known as "Rocket".
The 3ADL Court of Trash Talk and Rebuttal is now in session, the Honorable 3ADL Mods presiding.

Rocket
07-17-2012, 03:13 PM

Alvarado will be a good victory. that will solidify us as a contender.

bobcat1
07-17-2012, 03:21 PM

Brownwood will do very well this season. I expect a Semifinal appearance, with the possibility to win it all if some key things develop like I think they may. Stephenville and Brownwood will soon dominate 3A (Division I and Division II). All I have to say to Liberty Hill is get ready to get your jocks handed to you. Well we aren't in permanent mediocrity yet.:tisk: How is it there?:evillol:

panfan
07-17-2012, 03:49 PM
All I have to say to Liberty Hill is get ready to get your jocks handed to you.

We'll take them clean and pressed, thank you very much.

Bullaholic
07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
How about LaMarque, Rocket?

Sville
07-17-2012, 04:46 PM

Hey Tonto you better be polishing up our district championship trophy.

Rocket
07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
How about LaMarque, Rocket?

I am a huge believer that 4A is better than 3A by leaps and bounds (with the exception of the 2010 Brownwood Lions, who could have easily won a 4A State Championship). La Marque will be a force. All of the 4A teams that drop have a 2 year window to capitalize on their 4A status now in 3A. That is about how long it takes for the 3A numbers to affect the varsity level.

toddg
07-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey Tonto you better be polishing up our district championship trophy.

better bring a lunch Jacket Man! :devil:

toddg
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I am a huge believer that 4A is better than 3A by leaps and bounds (with the exception of the 2010 Brownwood Lions, who could have easily won a 4A State Championship). La Marque will be a force. All of the 4A teams that drop have a 2 year window to capitalize on their 4A status now in 3A. That is about how long it takes for the 3A numbers to affect the varsity level.

Stephenville showed us all how a top tier 3a team could do against a top tier 4a team...they lost by 30+ points to Aledo and Midway last year when it counted...2010 Brownwood would have met the same fate..
Stephenville will close the deal in DI this year for sure..something Brownwood couldnt do in 2010.
Alvarado doesnt have any SCs, but we're working on it...got close last year,but we went down fighting to a better team.

Rocket
07-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Stephenville showed us all how a top tier 3a team could do against a top tier 4a team...they lost by 30+ points to Aledo and Midway last year when it counted...2010 Brownwood would have met the same fate..
Stephenville will close the deal in DI this year for sure..something Brownwood couldnt do in 2010.
Alvarado doesnt have any SCs, but we're working on it...got close last year,but we went down fighting to a better team.

That is too bad you lost to a better team. We were the better team in 2010 and refs screwed it for us. Go figure.
Good luck on winning the first SC. Brownwood is not only a team with 7 SC's, but the winningest in 3A history. And that won't stop any time soon.

toddg
07-17-2012, 06:35 PM
That is too bad you lost to a better team. We were the better team in 2010 and refs screwed it for us. Go figure.
Good luck on winning the first SC. Brownwood is not only a team with 7 SC's, but the winningest in 3A history. And that won't stop any time soon.

man i hope not...Texas football needs the traditional powers to remain formidable...im glad a great program like Stephenville is in our district..win or lose they will make us better!

Rocket
07-17-2012, 07:12 PM
man i hope not...Texas football needs the traditional powers to remain formidable...im glad a great program like Stephenville is in our district..win or lose they will make us better!

Should be a fun season.

bobcat1
07-17-2012, 08:33 PM

If we are headed there as you suggest, could you tell us what to expect since you have already been there since the days of leather helmets?

Rocket
07-17-2012, 09:54 PM
If we are headed there as you suggest, could you tell us what to expect since you have already been there since the days of leather helmets?

You're trying to push my buttons. I'm speaking the truth. Haha

bobcat1
07-17-2012, 10:09 PM
You're trying to push my buttons. I'm speaking the truth. HahaHow ya been my friend?

Tejastrue
07-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Let's hope the Lions do well, otherwise the fuselage on the Rocket will fail before season's end.

regaleagle
07-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Has Rocket forgotten about a 4th playoff team becoming reality in 3A??? That should bust up that drop-down dominance theory real quick, doncha think??? Seems to me there will be mucho competition coming for D1 and D2 with the new playoff scenario in the works for next year...just pointing out what's what. That should make things even more interesting in 3A IMO.

buckeyebob
07-18-2012, 05:42 AM

Hold on there...you could not win a 3A Title...remember???

http://lonestarfootball.net/Helmet/Carthage.jpg

Remember...

hollywood
07-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Brownwood could have beaten Aledo in 2010, trust me.

Now the 2010 semi game vs Carthage was a classic case of refs missing calls. But, there were missed calls both ways.

In a nut shell, Brownwood got out coached. Brownwood could not stop the runaway train Holland. Couldn't guess what Carthage was going to do play after play. Run or throw? That was the difference.

Still one of the best HS games I've ever seen. Ranks up there with the Highland Park/Stephenville semi game several years back. Stafford vs Snead.

regaleagle
07-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Sounds to me that speaks volumes about the quality of 3A top tier playoff teams. Again, I think this supports the notion that there is no such thing as a "cakewalk" for any team to get to the SC game in either division in 3A, regardless of whether they are a drop-down or not. Also, with the addition of another playoff from each district becoming a reality next season, this would pit more of the drop-down qualifiers against each other come playoff time, as 2 D1's from each district will be qualifiers...completely changing the playoff landscape in each division.

regaleagle
07-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Correction: "the addition of another playoff TEAM from each district becoming a reality next season"

toddg
07-18-2012, 11:56 AM

Now the 2010 semi game vs Carthage was a classic case of refs missing calls. But, there were missed calls both ways.

In a nut shell, Brownwood got out coached. Brownwood could not stop the runaway train Holland. Couldn't guess what Carthage was going to do play after play. Run or throw? That was the difference.

Still one of the best HS games I've ever seen. Ranks up there with the Highland Park/Stephenville semi game several years back. Stafford vs Snead.

and they could have stopped Gray?! 2010 Aledo beat Lake Travis...2010 Brownwood didnt even make it to the 3a final..Aledo beat a very good La Marque team in the 4a final by 30 points...what top tier team did Brownwood beat that year? 8-6 Stephenville...

Cam
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
So Rocket, since you and Beast are comin' to Burnet this season, we should all go have a pre-game dinner....Greendawg already said he was buyin'!.:D....and I'm ready to throw hands if you are!....I've been workin' out!!...:foul:

By the way, better get there early for a good seat, cause Burnet's visitor side is not too big.....especially with the crowd ya'll usually have....

Rocket
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
and they could have stopped Gray?! 2010 Aledo beat Lake Travis...2010 Brownwood didnt even make it to the 3a final..Aledo beat a very good La Marque team in the 4a final by 30 points...what top tier team did Brownwood beat that year? 8-6 Stephenville...

We lost a key WR/FS, Chastain. Alot of our success in our offense and our defensive reads came from him. We would have beaten Aledo.

Rocket
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
So Rocket, since you and Beast are comin' to Burnet this season, we should all go have a pre-game dinner....Greendawg already said he was buyin'!.:D....and I'm ready to throw hands if you are!....I've been workin' out!!...:foul:

By the way, better get there early for a good seat, cause Burnet's visitor side is not too big.....especially with the crowd ya'll usually have....

i doubt I will be coming to Burnet. That is quite a drive for me.

Old Tiger
07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Hold on there...you could not win a 3A Title...remember???

http://lonestarfootball.net/Helmet/Carthage.jpg

Remember...I remember when Jaxon got called for offensive PI by dragging down the defender after he slipped! Crazy game!

Rocket
07-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Holland was a beast. They said he couldn't even walk after that game. To me, it was a dead even game with the ball in Brownwood's hands to even it up or go for the win. The ref's prevented that with blatantly bad calls that hurt us time wise and hurt us field position wise. In the words of Briles after the 98 loss, "we simply ran out of time."

Rocket
07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
I remember when Jaxon got called for offensive PI by dragging down the defender after he slipped! Crazy game!

He slipped after he was dragged down.

Old Tiger
07-18-2012, 12:38 PM
He slipped after he was dragged down.How do you slip if you are dragged down?

Cam
07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
How do you slip if you are dragged down?

The laws of physics might actually say that is possible.....but I'm just a dumbass!....so, let's get someone like Saggy Aggie to figure it out....he's some sort of math/science wizard...that boy has gotten some serious schoolin' I can tell!.........let's get Saggy, he'll eat anything!......

BwdLion73
07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Does anyone not remember the thread on this? There was video from two different angles. Even with that most could not ... or ... would not agree. Great game.

The only thing I could think of next week was watching the Bulldogs passing game and thinking what our passing game could have done in the finals. :bigcry:

Saggy Aggie
07-18-2012, 06:37 PM
The laws of physics might actually say that is possible.....but I'm just a dumbass!....so, let's get someone like Saggy Aggie to figure it out....he's some sort of math/science wizard...that boy has gotten some serious schoolin' I can tell!.........let's get Saggy, he'll eat anything!...... lol

Is this from the time when i answered all those math questions someone put on here?

Idk, ive seen that video with Jaxon plenty of times and looked like offensive PI to me. Then again, i just dont like to agree with Rocket.

Looking4number8
07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Does anyone not remember the thread on this? There was video from two different angles. Even with that most could not ... or ... would not agree. Great game.

The only thing I could think of next week was watching the Bulldogs passing game and thinking what our passing game could have done in the finals. :bigcry:
maybe this video will work
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals004.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=semifinals004.mp4)

bobcat1
07-18-2012, 10:02 PM
The video shows Shipley was pulled down by the jersey at the shoulder and the defender tripped over him. Nice hearing Dallas Huston calling the game. I love listening to him.

Tejastrue
07-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Over a year and a half later and the guy was still pulling down on #8's jersey and releases as he falls. In all fairness though, when you give up 35 in a semi-final the odds are good you're gonna lose.

Manso/V8
07-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Looks like #8 slipped before the ball was thrown, creating the contact/confusion, call maybe could have gone either way.
Oh well, a good game in the past and in the record books.
Surprising that a drop down powerhouse team would give up so many points.

Rocket
07-19-2012, 12:32 AM
How ya been my friend?

I've been good! Busy. How about you?

Rocket
07-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Looks like #8 slipped before the ball was thrown, creating the contact/confusion, call maybe could have gone either way.

One of the best 3A teams to ever play. 2010 Brownwood Lions

Manso/V8
07-19-2012, 12:46 AM
One of the best 3A teams to ever play. 2010 Brownwood Lions

Yep, I saw them play in the 7on7 state flag football tournment in 2010, they were pretty good......and from from the way the things shook out in the football season, they were almost as good as 2010 Carthage.

Saggy Aggie
07-19-2012, 01:16 AM
i think the initial contact was incidental/inconsequential, nothing that wouldn't happen on any other play. Then shipley slipped and in an effort to prevent the defender from intercepting the pass, interfered with him.

I don't really see anything to call on the defender, he gave him a slight tug on the jersey but that happens in slmost every pass play in every game ever. Kinda like holding on offense, if you're gonna call that... You could call is every play. The defender was playing the ball once it was released so I'm okay with the call

ccmom
07-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Surprising that a drop down powerhouse team would give up so many points.That was a great team...no doubt. That was their 3rd season after dropping down to 3A and I'll admit I thought they would win it all. That was a fantastic semi final game.

Looking4number8
07-19-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm a die hard homer so of course I thought it was defensive PI. This was not the play that hurt us as bad a few we had made earlier. the true turning point in the game was a ref spot early in the 3rd quarter . We score there and the whole momentem changes. We didnt and played from behind the whole game. Our defense was used to our offense putting them far ahead and forcing the other team to play catch up and throw throw throw. We were not able to do that against Carthage and lost the game

We still had a chance to win in the end but the ball dropped to the turf as time ran out. I dont think it was one of the best high school games I have ever seen.... I think it was one of the most painful... lol.

Rocket
07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Yep, I saw them play in the 7on7 state flag football tournment in 2010, they were pretty good......and from from the way the things shook out in the football season, they were almost as good as 2010 Carthage.

They were better than 2010 Carthage.

Old Tiger
07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
They were better than 2010 Carthage.

35-28 says what?

Rocket
I'm a die hard homer so of course I thought it was defensive PI. This was not the play that hurt us as bad a few we had made earlier. the true turning point in the game was a ref spot early in the 3rd quarter . We score there and the whole momentem changes. We didnt and played from behind the whole game. Our defense was used to our offense putting them far ahead and forcing the other team to play catch up and throw throw throw. We were not able to do that against Carthage and lost the game

We still had a chance to win in the end but the ball dropped to the turf as time ran out. I dont think it was one of the best high school games I have ever seen.... I think it was one of the most painful... lol.

Great analysis. This is a great breakdown. That call killed us in the 3rd Quarter and put the pressure on us. We were going in to score.

Rocket
35-28 says what?

They won the game. Doesn't mean they were the better team.

Old Tiger
07-19-2012, 12:45 PM
They won the game. Doesn't mean they were the better team.Calm down Matt Leinart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jy9pKvaViI

Old Tiger
07-19-2012, 12:51 PM
And how was Brownwood the better team? Carthage was the 2 time defending state champs.

Score was 21-14 at halftime Carthage up.

After the 3rd it was 28-21

After the 4th it was 35-28

Rocket
07-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Calm down Matt Leinart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jy9pKvaViI

In this case, it was true. Leinhart is an idiot and USC sucked and so does he. he proved that in the NFL.
Carthage won a championship, doesn't make them the better team. (IMO)

hsbtex
07-19-2012, 06:32 PM
i think the initial contact was incidental/inconsequential, nothing that wouldn't happen on any other play. Then shipley slipped and in an effort to prevent the defender from intercepting the pass, interfered with him.

I don't really see anything to call on the defender, he gave him a slight tug on the jersey but that happens in slmost every pass play in every game ever. Kinda like holding on offense, if you're gonna call that... You could call is every play. The defender was playing the ball once it was released so I'm okay with the call

I slight tug on the jersey?? He pulled him down...and WAS NOT looking at the football. It was a terribly called game, both ways. But the calls against Brownwood were deathly. Brownwood was the better team, but Carthage won the game.

Rocket
07-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I slight tug on the jersey?? He pulled him down...and WAS NOT looking at the football. It was a terribly called game, both ways. But the calls against Brownwood were deathly. Brownwood was the better team, but Carthage won the game.

Good to know there are other intelligent people on this site besides the little pricks like Old Tiger. Don't troll for the master troll, tigger.

Old Tiger
07-19-2012, 07:45 PM
So how many times did carthage trail in this game?

Cam
07-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Good to know there are other intelligent people on this site besides the little pricks like Old Tiger. Don't troll for the master troll, tigger.
Lol....little prick!..that one hurt me!...here we go!...round 463 for rocket!....rocket vs old tiger!...

Old Tiger
07-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't have troll rocket I just present him facts he just gives opinions.

wimbo_pro
07-20-2012, 08:36 AM
I see 3ADownlow is kicking off in a new direction this year...talking about Brownwood of 2010!

LionFan72
07-20-2012, 08:55 AM

Obviously, you were not there! Carthage had a great 2010 team, no one stopped them, including Brownwood. One of the three best games I have ever witnessed in high school ball. It was a bad call, it was critical, but it is over, moving on......

Pendragon13
07-20-2012, 09:26 AM
I see 3ADownlow is kicking off in a new direction this year...talking about Brownwood of 2010!Yep, I wonder how long they can live off past *almost* glory.:doh:

Do I dare mention that a Wylie team having a down year went down to B-wood and beat the lions last season?;)

hollywood
07-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Entertaining

Bullaholic
07-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Entertaining

Good to see some of the board posters warming up for the season, hollywood---it's going to be a wild as well as entertaining ride...

panfan
07-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Guess its good UIL is adding that 4th team to the playoffs, that way Rocket's beloved Lions will be sure to make it in and he won't have to keep reliving 2010 Glory days! There is Jock strap number one there for you buddy. :evilgrin:

garciap77
07-20-2012, 01:19 PM

:tmi:

hollywood
07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
:tmi:

LOL... how ya been GP77?

hollywood
07-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Good to see some of the board posters warming up for the season, hollywood---it's going to be a wild as well as entertaining ride...

Yes sir it is! Especially that I also support another team down the road where my tax dollars actually go. lol

All in fun though, right?

Rocket
07-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Yep, I wonder how long they can live off past *almost* glory.:doh:

Do I dare mention that a Wylie team having a down year went down to B-wood and beat the lions last season?;)

Wylie is downtrodden. Sphinctifer should have bailed out when he had the chance.

BwdLion73
07-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Yes sir it is! Especially that I also support another team down the road where my tax dollars actually go. lol

All in fun though, right? Yep....all in fun.....we'll miss you from 2010. Hope your ankle heals fast.;)

Rocket
07-20-2012, 07:33 PM

All in fun though, right?

Traitor. haha

hollywood
08-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Rocket.. you going to make any games this season?

Inmateboss
08-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Rocket.. you going to make any games this season?

I have a feeling he will show up!!! He loves signing autographs!!!