PDA

View Full Version : I have my football schedule up to the end of September, any suggestions for October?

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 12:07 PM
This doesnt include my Thursday and Saturday games.

8/30 Gilmer vs Atlanta in Tyler
8/31 Abilene Wylie at Argyle
9/7 Coldspring at Navasota
9/14 Coldspring at LaMarque
9/21 Stephenville at LaVega
9/28 Whitehouse at Carthage OR Paris at Melissa

Cam
07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Come to Brownwood @ Burnet on 10/12 opening night of district play. BW should be favored but don't count out the Dawgs on home turf. Interesting side notes will be Shipley vs. new HC Jones. Jones being one of Shipley's ex-asst. coaches when Bob was in Burnet.
Another heated game should be Burnet @ Liberty Hill on 10/26...

Greendawg said he'll buy you dinner if you come!!....

Manso/V8
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
10/05 - Bellville @ El Campo - I would rather the game be at the Pasture of Pain, but it didn't work out that way.

if you don't make that one, another on to keep on the radar is

11/09 - Bellville @ Sealy - possibly this game could decide the district championship, and even if it isn't, this is one of the biggest, longest running 3A rivalries in this part of the state. Again, I wish it was at the Pasture of Pain, but it is at Tiger stadium for the second year in a row. I don't know how they select location, but I guess it ended up back at Sealy because of the district realignment.

BTW, I don't know where you have Sealy ranked in FNF (haven't found a copy yet), but I think you might be selling Sealy a little short from some of the S2S comments. I think they have like
8 starters returning on offense, maybe their whole O-line (including a DCTF pre-season all-state selection at tackle)? Also, their offense is not just about RSJ, don't forget the Rice committ
Jowan Davis at RB, who is a fast, hard-hitting runner. It hurts just to watch kids tackle him! We'll see, from what I have heard Sealy is going to put RSJ at WR instead of QB, so if they have someone that can get him the ball, it could be something to watch!

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Come to Brownwood @ Burnet on 10/12 opening night of district play. BW should be favored but don't count out the Dawgs on home turf. Interesting side notes will be Shipley vs. new HC Jones. Jones being one of Shipley's ex-asst. coaches when Bob was in Burnet.

Burnet at LH is probable for me!

Bullaholic
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM

Oh, Cam......giving G2 dinner invites is like feeding a stray dog. He will come early, eat with you, and say he will see you at the game, and then go on to the next dinner invite down the road---he does this 2-3 times each week---that's why he publishes his schedule so early---so he can get max dinners out of each week.....:D

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
10/05 - Bellville @ El Campo - I would rather the game be at the Pasture of Pain, but it didn't work out that way.

if you don't make that one, another on to keep on the radar is

11/09 - Bellville @ Sealy - possibly this game could decide the district championship, and even if it isn't, this is one of the biggest, longest running 3A rivalries in this part of the state. Again, I wish it was at the Pasture of Pain, but it is at Tiger stadium for the second year in a row. I don't know how they select location, but I guess it ended up back at Sealy because of the district realignment.

BTW, I don't know where you have Sealy ranked in FNF (haven't found a copy yet), but I think you might be selling Sealy a little short from some of the S2S comments. I think they have like
8 starters returning on offense, maybe their whole O-line (including a DCTF pre-season all-state selection at tackle)? Also, their offense is not just about RSJ, don't forget the Rice committ
Jowan Davis at RB, who is a fast, hard-hitting runner. It hurts just to watch kids tackle him! We'll see, from what I have heard Sealy is going to put RSJ at WR instead of QB, so if they have someone that can get him the ball, it could be something to watch!
I REALLY wanna come see Bellville at El Campo but not sure ill be able to make it down there that week. I am going to go ahead and say that I will be down for Bellville at Sealy though.

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
oh, cam......giving g2 dinner invites is like feeding a stray dog. He will come early, eat with you, and say he will see you at the game, and then go on to the next dinner invite down the road---he does this 2-3 times each week---that's why he publishes his schedule so early---so he can get max dinners out of each week.....:d
Dang it, you are on to me!!!!

greendawg84
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM

I just happen to know where there is a good Mexican place with an even better watering hole !

Bullaholic
07-16-2012, 12:37 PM

You and Terry broadcasting any of these?

Lion70
07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Sat Oct 13 @ Longview KYKX Big game of the week

Gilmer finished 13-1 and advanced to the Class 3A Division II regional finals a year ago. Henderson was 11-3 and played in the Class 3A Division I state semifinals.

Honor mention week 6 Henderson @ Chapel hill rematch of 2010 State title or you could see Henderson beat Kilgore for the 4th year in a row lol.

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
You and Terry broadcasting any of these?
Maybe a couple of them but we have been talking about trying to get some of the big time Thursday and Saturday games this year. There are a TON of them.

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Sat Oct 13 @ Longview KYKX Big game of the week
Gilmer finished 13-1 and advanced to the Class 3A Division II regional finals a year ago. Henderson was 11-3 and played in the Class 3A Division I state semifinals.
I have this one on my Saturday schedule already. Gonna roll in to Longview early and eat me some Carters BBQ and and then go to the game.

CTS
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
I know it's November...but the week's practice starts in October....lol

11/2 Columbia @ La Marque

BEAST
07-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Dont leave out the part that Coach Jones was an all state football player at Brownwood.

BEAST

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I know it's November...but the week's practice starts in October....lol

11/2 Columbia @ La Marque
That will be a good one but the LM game im coming to on 9/14 Coldspring at LaMarque will be a better one I think.

Cam
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Oh, Cam......giving G2 dinner invites is like feeding a stray dog. He will come early, eat with you, and say he will see you at the game, and then go on to the next dinner invite down the road---he does this 2-3 times each week---that's why he publishes his schedule so early---so he can get max dinners out of each week.....:D

...:foul:...well that no good son of a....:foul:

hollywood
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Dont leave out the part that Coach Jones was an all state football player at Brownwood.

BEAST

Yup.. great player for sure.

hollywood
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I just happen to know where there is a good Mexican place with an even better watering hole !

greendawg84... that Maxican is a good place!

greendawg84
07-16-2012, 01:51 PM
For sure G2 outta fit in real good at the Maxican!

Emerson1
07-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Oct 26 - The Toilet Bowl - Forney v. North Forney

CTS
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
That will be a good one but the LM game im coming to on 9/14 Coldspring at LaMarque will be a better one I think.

I tend to think LM-Texas City will be a better game. Texas City has the depth and ability to spread the field and throw at a high level.

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 02:07 PM
I tend to think LM-Texas City will be a better game. Texas City has the depth and ability to spread the field and throw at a high level.
Yeah, I was gonna go to that one but decided to go see CS vs Navasota and then catch LM the week after. BTW, I got to talk to both the Foreman kids at the Rivals camp the other day. Those kids are legit

CTS
07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes they are. IMO LM should be picked to lose that game. I just don't see that at home against CS the next week. Not saying CS can't handle business because I have all the respect in the world. I just think if CS runs the ball against LM, it's a ballgame. If they can't, it's over bc CS doesn't throw the ball all that well.

Texas City on the other hand won't have any 2 way starters and will have LM at home.

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Yes they are. IMO LM should be picked to lose that game. I just don't see that at home against CS the next week. Not saying CS can't handle business because I have all the respect in the world. I just think if CS runs the ball against LM, it's a ballgame. If they can't, it's over bc CS doesn't throw the ball all that well.

Texas City on the other hand won't have any 2 way starters and will have LM at home.

Very good assesment. One factor in my coming down to the LM/CS game is hotels on the beach in Galveston are cheaper that week for some reason :D

hollywood
07-16-2012, 02:48 PM

10/19 Stephenville at Alvarado

Should be Stephenville's toughest district game and playing the defending 3A DI finalist.

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 02:51 PM
10/19 Stephenville at Alvarado

Should be Stephenville's toughest district game and playing the defending 3A DI finalist.
Ive got that one penciled in as well

hollywood
07-16-2012, 02:56 PM
For sure G2 outta fit in real good at the Maxican!

From what I've heard... yes he should!

He may enjoy the back rubs a little too much though. ;)

Gsquared
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
From what I've heard... yes he should!

He may enjoy the back rubs a little too much though. ;)

Hahaha, Ive seen that on Austin Day Tripper!