PDA

View Full Version : week 0 games and predictions

orange machine
07-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Celina vs Melissa
Battle of 2 top 25 teams in the nicest high school stadium in the nation Allen Isd stadium.
I think Celina wins.
CELINA 38
MELISSA 12

win the 4th
07-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Will there be other games at this stadium week 0?

orange machine
07-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Yes one Friday night and I believe 2 or 3 on Saturday.

Gsquared
07-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Southlake and Allen mix it up the next night. Great two games at the new stadium zero week.

orange machine
07-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Southlake and Allen mix it up the next night. Great two games at the new stadium zero week.
Southlake and Allen play Friday.

Gsquared
07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Southlake and Allen play Friday.
Right, but I thought Celina plays Thursday.

orange machine
07-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Right, but I thought Celina plays Thursday.
No Saturday night at 7:30

Gsquared
07-15-2012, 02:09 PM
No Saturday night at 7:30
Ohhhhh ok

toddg
07-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Southlake 35
Allen 12

!

bdblm97
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
La Marque vs. Galveston Ball (AAAA) Thursday August 30. 7pm Live Broadcast on Houston's Channel 57 The Kube.

COBRAFOOTBALL
07-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Week 0 has Alvarado hosting Bridgeport. Alvarado by 14.

Gsquared
07-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Week 0 has Alvarado hosting Bridgeport. Alvarado by 14.

Hey, tell Bullaholic that you want to meet for dinner before the game. Midway thru dinner, start freakin out and and act like you cant find your wallet. Dinner is on him! Works everytime!!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey, tell Bullaholic that you want to meet for dinner before the game. Midway thru dinner, start freakin out and and act like you cant find your wallet. Dinner is on him! Works everytime!!!
Im gunna do that... Actually Ill take him anyway! He probably needs tha money! Just kiddin Bullaholic!

defense51
07-30-2012, 05:27 PM
This worked on Bullaholic more than once? :clap:

Ville-D
07-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Stephenville: Yellow Jackets vs Monterrey, Mexico Prepa Tech: Wild Rams

Will this game happen? All the paper work is signed. Hopefully they fly into DFW instead of trying to get past the cartel.

Lion70
07-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Henderson Vs Plano Prestenwood (Tapps 3A) . Lions by 7

regaleagle
07-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Week 0 GOTW in 3A??? Take your pick...there's lots of good-uns. I'll be checking out the Argyle-Wylie game. obviously. But let's hear about all the rest of the first week battles that will be taking place in 3A. Looks to me like this will be one of those highly competitive seasons with uspet city happening each week...the teams are so good.

MGAR
07-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Ohhhhh ok

You D.A.

CelinaCatFan
07-31-2012, 10:34 AM

2 Games on Saturday

Game 1 - Van Alstyne vs Holliday
Game 2 - Celina vs Melissa

toddg
07-31-2012, 10:38 AM
i predict that half the teams playing will win:clap:

Henderson Vs Plano Prestenwood (Tapps 3A) . Lions by 7

You talking about this team? One man does not make a team but I would predict UPSET.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20120714-prestonwood-lb-mike-mitchell-has-a-skill-set-like-no-other.ece

buckeyebob
08-01-2012, 05:08 AM
We take on Prestonwood Week 1...don't have a clue how we will do...a One Hit Wonder has problems with the Buckeyes...ask Santos about last year.

Lion70
08-01-2012, 08:22 AM
You talking about this team? One man does not make a team but I would predict UPSET.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20120714-prestonwood-lb-mike-mitchell-has-a-skill-set-like-no-other.ece

yeah it is they will be a tough out but hopefully the real Lions win in henderson lol.

orange machine
08-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Prestonwood always has some really good athletes and everytime ove seen them they have some big ole boys.

gatordaze
08-01-2012, 09:26 AM

Two can make a difference! 3 Star Christian Morgan 6.4 244 TE/DE committed to FSU

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Christian-Morgan-113268;_ylt=AjJ.DY9YAXAn.D1pqj02V9JIPZB4

cougartino
08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
La Marque vs. Galveston Ball (AAAA) Thursday August 30. 7pm Live Broadcast on Houston's Channel 57 The Kube.

COOGS by as many as they want. :nerd:

Gsquared
08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
COOGS by as many as they want. :nerd:

+1 !!!

CelinaCatFan
08-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Two can make a difference! 3 Star Christian Morgan 6.4 244 TE/DE committed to FSU

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Christian-Morgan-113268;_ylt=AjJ.DY9YAXAn.D1pqj02V9JIPZB4

If I'm not mistaken, Mitchell's younger brother will be the starting QB. For those that don't know him, Mickey Mitchell (QB for Prestonwood) will be a 6'8" sophomore and was ranked the #1 AAU freshman basketball player in the country. I watched him play a few tournaments this summer and he is quite an athlete.

1st and goal
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
If the old schedule I have printed out is still correct,

Liberty Hill at Giddings on Aug 31st @ 7:30pm, Please correct this if it is wrong.

This will pit the Buffaloes speed vs the Panther's size and coaching (assuming they are still running the slot T or some derivative of it). I will predict a high scoring game with the Buffs winning by 10. Homey pick.:clap:

Oh, and kudos to Joseph Glenn on his committment to U of H Coogs. I think that is a good fit for his talent. Can't wait to see him run down the field this (his senior) year.

MustangFootball
08-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Ingleside vs Refugio week zero....I'm not gonna make a prediction. Lol

'Necks 2013-14
08-01-2012, 09:44 PM
:doh: NVM

'Necks 2013-14
08-01-2012, 09:46 PM
i predict that half the teams playing will win:clap:NICE!!:fnypost:

MUSTANG69
08-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Ingleside vs Refugio week zero....I'm not gonna make a prediction. Lol

Could be a high scoring shootout if Refugio's defense hasn't improved over last year.

Rattler
08-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Graham Vs Mineral Wells on 8-31-12 ** Graham by 18

icu812
08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
We take on Prestonwood Week 1...don't have a clue how we will do...a One Hit Wonder has problems with the Buckeyes...ask Santos about last year.

Wow just wow. Go ask a Gilmer coach if Van was a one hit wonder last year. Offense hung 40 on Gilmer with one receiver having over 300 yards. Defensive front 7 were as good as anyone in 3A. Van's corners were exposed by Gilmer. Losing 2 starting safeties in the first half didn't help either. Gilmer won because they have a great team not because the other team was a one hit wonder. If Prestonwood is a one hit wonder this game will be a blowout. Stop eating those buckeyes they are poisonous :-)

waterboy
08-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Wow just wow. Go ask a Gilmer coach if Van was a one hit wonder last year. Offense hung 40 on Gilmer with one receiver having over 300 yards. Defensive front 7 were as good as anyone in 3A. Van's corners were exposed by Gilmer. Losing 2 starting safeties in the first half didn't help either. Gilmer won because they have a great team not because the other team was a one hit wonder. If Prestonwood is a one hit wonder this game will be a blowout. Stop eating those buckeyes they are poisonous :-)

I'll have to agree that there was more to Van than Santos. Their offense exposed some weaknesses in Gilmer's defense like no other team all last year. I think Argyle had that game film and did a lot of same things and beat us. We can't be exposed on defense like we were in those games and expect to win this year. There are a LOT of good teams on the Buckeyes' schedule this year. Prestonwood is definitely one of them, and we have to travel to their house in Plano. Which reminds me......what is their stadium like? Does anybody know? First things first, though. We have to beat Atlanta in Week 0.

gatordaze
08-09-2012, 08:41 AM
I'll have to agree that there was more to Van than Santos. Their offense exposed some weaknesses in Gilmer's defense like no other team all last year. I think Argyle had that game film and did a lot of same things and beat us. We can't be exposed on defense like we were in those games and expect to win this year. There are a LOT of good teams on the Buckeyes' schedule this year. Prestonwood is definitely one of them, and we have to travel to their house in Plano. Which reminds me......what is their stadium like? Does anybody know? First things first, though. We have to beat Atlanta in Week 0.

Nice stadium and field but very small visitors side.

regaleagle
08-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Guess what? Argyle gets to play FW Nolan Catholic in Week 1. They were State Champs last year in TAPPS D1. We go their place to play. I'm just guessing they will be a tough out again this year from what I have been able to read. They went 13-1, 5-1 in district. I don't know who beat them, but Argyle Liberty Christian, TCAddison and Prestonwood are all in the district.

CelinaCatFan
08-09-2012, 10:12 AM

At least, the visitor's side faces AWAY from the sunset. You don't see that at very many stadiums.

waterboy
08-09-2012, 10:38 AM
A small visitors' side is not good news. The Buckeyes travel well. How many will it hold?

icu812
08-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the voice of reason. I think sometimes when there is a 6'3" 260lb monster flying all over the field at warp speed it is difficult to take your eyes off him long enough to notice other players. Our boys showed what they can do against Lindale when Santos didn't play after the 1st Q. Van has a lot of work to do on the defensive side of the ball before our first game with Pine Tree. Offense will be tough to deal with again this year.

Gilmer does have a tough schedule. Looking forward to seeing how both Atl and Gilmer start the season. Wouldn't surprise me to see several contenders with a few loses going into district.

Bosqueville
08-09-2012, 12:56 PM
FYI Brownwood folks... The game against All Saints will be at Fort Worth Brewer Stadium not at All Saints. Thank goodness.

Aesculus gilmus
08-09-2012, 07:35 PM
A small visitors' side is not good news. The Buckeyes travel well. How many will it hold?

I looked this stadium up on Google Maps a while back. I am guessing the visitors' side will fill up by about 4 p.m. LOL

Well, the gates probably won't be open that early. I'll say it'll fill up within five minutes of the gate being opened. Before that, being a Christian setting, the Army of Buckeyes will be lined up outside, praying for seats.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3j_z5OdPrKI/UCRVxT4kJNI/AAAAAAAABTM/WueN4WfcAi4/s1600/prestonwood.jpg

waterboy
08-10-2012, 07:35 AM
I looked this stadium up on Google Maps a while back. I am guessing the visitors' side will fill up by about 4 p.m. LOL

Well, the gates probably won't be open that early. I'll say it'll fill up within five minutes of the gate being opened. Before that, being a Christian setting, the Army of Buckeyes will be lined up outside, praying for seats.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3j_z5OdPrKI/UCRVxT4kJNI/AAAAAAAABTM/WueN4WfcAi4/s1600/prestonwood.jpg
:eek: Oh, good grief!:doh: That is way too small. Those stands are barely big enough for the band. I guess I'll have to go to my daughters' game that week, and get somebody to text me updates.:( I'll watch it Saturday morning........when it's much less crowded.:D