PDA

View Full Version : La Marque & Carthage to be featured in book about Texas HS Football

CTS
07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I was just informed about this and thought this was a really neat deal. This upcoming season a gentleman from out of state is visiting 11 schools during the season and has been given all access to team meetings, practices, coaches meetings, etc. from the Saturday before the game up until the game ends on that week. He will be writing a book when the season is over summarizing the Texas High School football experience.

The two 3A schools chosen were La Marque & Carthage. He will be in La Marque August 25-30 for the Week 0 game against Galveston Ball and in Carthage September 1-7 for the Week 1 game against Lindale.

Below is a link to his website with his complete schedule and info on the book.

http://texasfootballroadtrip.com/

HEMOTOXIC
07-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Pretty cool. It will be interesting to get his take on Texas High School Football.

Roughneck93
07-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Cool. I'll check in throughout the year.

Lion70
07-11-2012, 11:04 PM
What the Mythical 3a State Champions Stephenville is not the main headline. This can not be fire that guy.

ctown81
07-12-2012, 09:19 AM
What? carthage is actually getting press? I will have to see it to believe it.

buckeyebob
07-12-2012, 12:33 PM
They bought it!

Ville-D
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Congrats to the 2 programs on being selected. Make us proud.

Maroon87
07-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Pretty cool. It will be interesting to get his take on Texas High School Football.

It will be more interesting to get his take on La Marque.

CTS
08-08-2012, 08:05 PM
The author was at La Marque practice this morning and interviewed Coach Jackson last night gathering background info for the book. Went around town talking to booster club members, fans etc. He blogged about it today. Evidently he is traveling around the state gathering background info on all the teams. Was on his way to Port Lavaca from La Marque.

http://texasfootballroadtrip.com/

1971Coogs
08-10-2012, 06:19 AM
It will be more interesting to get his take on La Marque.Yes it will

buckeyebob
08-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Port Lavaca...Needs t meet our Grand Niece...she's the crab.

1971Coogs
08-28-2012, 07:04 AM
The author was at La Marque practice this morning and interviewed Coach Jackson last night gathering background info for the book. Went around town talking to booster club members, fans etc. He blogged about it today. Evidently he is traveling around the state gathering background info on all the teams. Was on his way to Port Lavaca from La Marque.

http://texasfootballroadtrip.com/I will have the honor of being interviewed by the gentleman tonight. I plan to treat him and Coach Jackson to a nice Mexican dinner at an old fashioned restaurant that has been in La Marque since I was a kid....and that's been quite a while.

toddg
08-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I will have the honor of being interviewed by the gentleman tonight. I plan to treat him and Coach Jackson to a nice Mexican dinner at an old fashioned restaurant that has been in La Marque since I was a kid....and that's been quite a while.

La Marque is a great program!

1971Coogs
08-28-2012, 12:48 PM
La Marque is a great program!

Well thank you sir.....we have our moments though. With the economy the way it is, people are moving to where the money is. And so true with teachers. La Marque has always been the quiet little community where everyone wanted to live when the refineries were blowing and going. Amoco Oil (now BP), Union Carbide, Valero, Marathon, Sterling Chemical, etc. Things have slowed waaay done over the last 10 years or so. It's just the sign of the times, I've lived in La Marque 59 years. Graduated in 1971 with La Marque having the 3rd hardest district to graduate from in the state. Boy, have times changed. :(

How is it in ?
https://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/small/27356585.jpg

Phil C
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Did you know Carthage and San Augustine were prominate in the movie Bernie with Jim Black. The people in those two towns were ridiculous. See that movie to see what I mean.

1971Coogs
08-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Congrats to the 2 programs on being selected. Make us proud.Who is Stephenville's current Head Coach? I remember sometime back there was a big ruckus about one of the former assistants was about to become head coach. Then a skeleton was found in his closet and they about tarred and feathered him. I lost track after that.

I was always impressed with your program. I can remember hearing someone saying on one of the forums years back " those boys from Stephenville don't walk the cows back to the barn, they carry them". Every time we met up with you guys at "The Big Dance", I would tell myself " that's no joke". I remember watching the '98 team when Bob Lilly's boy was on the line. That boy was a beast. What college did he end up going to ? I would have thought he could have gone pro.