PDA

View Full Version : Rangers lost World Series again in 2012

Phil C
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
That is if they get there. In the All Star game the Nationals whipped the American leagues 8-0 and like last year their team will have home advantage in the world series like last year. Had the Rangers had this advantage last year I think they would have won it.
This setup penalizes excellence and takes the series from the teams who can only have so many in the all star game. It is unfair to who has the best record. Oh well that is baseball without common sense.

Farmersfan
07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Since the Rangers fielded 8 in the All Star game it could be stated that the RANGERS were the one's who lost the home field advantage last night. If any of the Rangers had simply gotten some hits in the game last night it could have been a lot more competitive. It was pretty embarrassing as a Rangers fan for the highlites on sportscenter to show the AL players striking out or grounding out on every play and about 3/4 of them were Rangers...... Just sayin'

Saggy Aggie
07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
rangers went, what, 1/9 at the plate with the lone hit being the napoli fly ball that harper lost in the lights?

Harrison pitched 1 inning and gave up 3 runs?

man... rough day for the Rangers.. and Ron washington too for that matter

Tejastrue
07-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Since the Rangers fielded 8 in the All Star game it could be stated that the RANGERS were the one's who lost the home field advantage last night. If any of the Rangers had simply gotten some hits in the game last night it could have been a lot more competitive. It was pretty embarrassing as a Rangers fan for the highlites on sportscenter to show the AL players striking out or grounding out on every play and about 3/4 of them were Rangers...... Just sayin'

It was kind of ugly as far as the Rangers were concerned. Verlander did not help though. Who would have thought. Maybe the Rangers will redeem themselves this fall.

Roughneck93
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
It was kind of ugly as far as the Rangers were concerned. Verlander did not help though. Who would have thought. Maybe the Rangers will redeem themselves this fall.

Yeah he was just out there to please the fans. Seemed like he was focused on hitting triple digits on the radar gun more than getting outs. Altogether just an ugly game for the AL.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/feed/2012-07/eye-on-mlb/story/mlb-all-star-game-2012-score-winner-justin-verlander

Tejastrue
07-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah he was just out there to please the fans. Seemed like he was focused on hitting triple digits on the radar gun more than getting outs. Altogether just an ugly game for the AL.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/feed/2012-07/eye-on-mlb/story/mlb-all-star-game-2012-score-winner-justin-verlander

This is another reason why this game should not be used to decide home field in the WS.

Roughneck93
07-11-2012, 09:55 PM
This is another reason why this game should not be used to decide home field in the WS.

Yep, I agree.

regaleagle
07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
What a total bust for the entire American League players. Too many long fly balls and not enough quality at-bats just trying to get a hit. Methinks "All Star" got into their heads, and the way they played was not as a team. Of course, a big difference in the pitching between the teams made for a boring All Star nite for the fans. It should have no effect on the Rangers, though. They will need to prove it on the field to take home the title regardless.

waterboy
07-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I think it proves that the best pitching is in the NL, while the best hitting is in the AL, BUT good pitching trumps good hitting every time. I, too, believe it is unfair to give home field advantage to the winner of the All-Star game. I think it should be based on who has the best record overall, just like it used to be. The networks and owners had a lot to do with this because of the falling interest in the All-Star game, but this year's game set it back to the boring type games they used to have before implementing the home field advantage being at stake.

ctown81
07-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I would love to see a USA vs the World game like they do in hockey. I personally think it would be more interesting that way.

Buckeye1980
07-12-2012, 02:59 PM
I, too, believe it is unfair to give home field advantage to the winner of the All-Star game. I think it should be based on who has the best record overall, just like it used to be. .

Homefield advantage in the World Series has NEVER gone to the team with the best record. Prior to 2003, home-field advantage in the World Series alternated from year to year between the NL and AL. After the 2002 Major League Baseball All-Star Game ended in a tie, MLB decided to award home-field advantage in the World Series to the winner of the All-Star Game.

I beleive it SHOULD go to the team with the best record.

waterboy
07-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Homefield advantage in the World Series has NEVER gone to the team with the best record. Prior to 2003, home-field advantage in the World Series alternated from year to year between the NL and AL. After the 2002 Major League Baseball All-Star Game ended in a tie, MLB decided to award home-field advantage in the World Series to the winner of the All-Star Game.

I beleive it SHOULD go to the team with the best record.
I guess it's been longer than I thought. I totally had forgotten that. YES, the home field advantage SHOULD go to the team with the best overall record.