PDA

View Full Version : Celina people...explain this

bolshavik
07-08-2012, 07:03 PM
GOT THIS FROM A POST ON TOC.

WTH?????????? A good friend of mine from Pilot Point told me he watched Celina's "JV" 7on7 team play this weekend in College Station. However, their JV had VARSITY kids on it..lol.. He named at least 6-8 VARSITY players from last year, including some incoming SENIORS who were playing in the JV DIVISION...

Why would a new coach allow or permit this to happen? It takes playing time away from the younger kids (who aren't expected to be on the varsity team next week)

Why would the community allow for the embarrassment of winning a "JV" tournament with VARSITY KIDS? Has Celina fallen this far that they would resort to a win at all cost mentality of actually cheating? I am SURE they will say that they were young kids playing but THEIR ARE PICTURES of returning starters/SENIORS/and starters on this year's team playing in the tournament.Can somebody from Celina shed some light on this?

Some people he talked to at the "JV" tournament were not happy.

cr180t
07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
How did they do?

3 and out
07-08-2012, 07:54 PM
They won it!

NTFan
07-08-2012, 08:13 PM
That's a shocker! Lol

It's not the real 7-on-7 tourney.....that doesn't start until next week. Must have been Deion's money making Primetime Sports "state championship".

Will be interesting to hear some of the Celina's people take on this......ones that were actually there

3 and out
07-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Must have been Deion's money making Primetime Sports "state championship".

Nothing to do with Deion.

NTFan
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Must have been Deion's money making Primetime Sports "state championship".

Nothing to do with Deion.

Poor assumption on my part. I actually thought his name was attached to that gig in the beginning. Regardless, somebody's making a killing off that. They have football, baseball, softball, basketball, etc tournaments all over the state.

bobcat1
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't know anything about any of it. I don't pay much attention to 7on7. It's kinda like 2 below to me.

3 and out
07-08-2012, 08:46 PM
http://primetimesportz.com/football/toc/registration/

See the registration form, notice the age/grade section (goes all the way up to incoming 12th graders)

FB-fanatic
07-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Metroplex JV Tournement of Champions.

bobcat1
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
http://primetimesportz.com/football/toc/registration/

See the registration form, notice the age/grade section (goes all the way up to incoming 12th graders)Hmmm

orange machine
07-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I wasn't there, but maybe the coaches wanted to get some extra reps in before the state tournement. Who knows what the reasoning was. I don't even know what all players played in it.

footballfine09
07-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I was there and I am sure Celina felt some of their varsity neeed to go to this so they could win before they go to the real thing and meet up with someone like Stephenville (who I have also seen) an get smoked by the Yellow Jackets.

bolshavik
07-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Jv state chumps...lol...

bolshavik
07-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Nobody has an explanation for this? Is this true or not?

garciap77
07-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't know anything about any of it. I don't pay much attention to 7on7. It's kinda like 2 below to me.

:evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evil lol:

Old Tiger
07-09-2012, 12:28 PM
http://sbrownehr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/You-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg

3 and out
07-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Nobody has an explanation for this? Is this true or not?

Why do you feel that anyone, especially anyone from a town and a program that you are constantly bashing, owes you an explanation?

If you feel one is necessary take yourself up to the fieldhouse and ask Coach Elliott yourself in person and not behind some screen name.

orange machine
07-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I personally dont see the big issue with it. The entry form says palyers up to the 12th grade can play in the tourney. Not to mention Celina only has 3 or 4 seniors on the varsity. The rest are sophmores and juniors. Also I did hear that other teams were fielding some varsity players as well, but Celina is the only one that gets pointed out I wonder why that is????

nt7on7
07-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Primetime doesn't have a "varsity" division. They only have JV. The age group allows for incoming seniors. Celina played incoming seniors. I don't see the issue.

Also, while a few incoming seniors were playing, you forgot to mention all of the incoming sophomores and the incoming freshman that were playing significant amount of reps and starting.

Just to point out, I don't think Celina's "new" coach had anything to do with it, since they can't coach 7on7 in the summer. So ask the dads that ran it.

Your act is tired. Celina played within the rules. Someone from Pilot Point got mad. Boo hoo. The next time they will be relevant in anything is when a **** shack gets busted over there and makes the Denton Record Chronicle. They are the Aggies to Celina's UT.

Cam
07-09-2012, 02:18 PM
:1popcorn:.........I don't see the big deal either.....I'm sure the coaches had nothin' to do with it....it's against the rules for them guys to get involved....I know one thing, you won't catch Burnet coaches on the sidelines at a 7 on 7 match. You'll see em' way up in the stands........with their megaphones and hand signals!!!LOL!!!:D......just kiddin'..just kiddin'....

FB-fanatic
07-09-2012, 02:19 PM
"The Prime Time JV 7 on 7 With a Few Varsity Players Thrown in for Good Measure Metroplex State Tournement of Champions"

There.

Old Tiger
07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
How would someone even monitor a "JV" squad.

orange machine
07-09-2012, 03:24 PM
How would someone even monitor a "JV" squad.

They cant monitor it. Everything Celina did was within in the rules and legal. Just another hater trying to make someone else look bad.

Ville-D
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
They cant monitor it. Everything Celina did was within in the rules and legal. Just another hater trying to make someone else look bad.

Sucks when you have a good program and everybody is waiting to see you fall.

orange machine
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Happens all the time and ive noticed its not just Celina that gets hammered on. If you have had a lot of succsess then people are gonna mouth off and say something stupid. I remember when everybody thought Celina and even Stephenville football players were all on steroids. Honestly i thought the same thing for a long time LOL.

bolshavik
07-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Im not always bashing Celina. I have asked questions on two things. 1. if they are so good in track what happend in football and 2. Why are you playing Senior's in a JV division. Orange machine is not even from Celina, he is from Tom Bean but likes to dress up like a cop and cheer for Celina.

marler1972
07-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Im not always bashing Celina. I have asked questions on two things. 1. if they are so good in track what happend in football and 2. Why are you playing Senior's in a JV division. Orange machine is not even from Celina, he is from Tom Bean but likes to dress up like a cop and cheer for Celina.

Maybe you should call primetime sports to get your answer.

Cam
07-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Never fails that you get some darn Bolshevik Marxist-Leninist communist son-bitch stirrin' up trouble!!.....oh wait!!!.....I've got it all wrong....I just realized your name is spelled
B-O-L-S-H-A-V-I-K with an "a"..........dammit, never mind.....my deepest apologies bolshavik........carry on men........:crazy1:

orange machine
07-09-2012, 05:28 PM

Oh man here we go again another attempt to try and make me look bad well get in line buddy! By the way nice try to throw the attention from yourself and on to me bringing up that im not from Celina. Also smart stuff im not from Tom Bean either, I used to work in Tom Bean genius.

YTBulldogs
07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I used to work in Tom Bean genius.

I use to drink his brother, Jim.;)

Matthew328
07-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I've been told by multiple coaches and refs that indeed Celina did use some varsity players in the tournament....however, Celina followed the rules of the tournament....was the spirit of the rules violated? Thats a matter of opinion, but until the rules changes (not sure how it can be) what can ya do...BTW I dont think Celina was the only team who used varsity players

Manso/V8
07-09-2012, 06:46 PM
who cares? it is a pay to play flag football tournament.

bobcat1
07-09-2012, 08:09 PM
who cares? it is a pay to play flag football tournament.This! Good grief Ballshack don't you have anything to do this summer or was this your first time since football or track to bash a town you envy. Good Lord change your color from Green. It was just a touch football game. It means nothing but route running and passing. No tackling or blocking just kids playing catch. Get a grip dude.

regaleagle
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Let me dice some onions and cry a good one so I can feel better about my Eagles, LOL. I don't believe they participated in even one 7 on 7 all summer. They MUST be ready to tear it up, huh???

orange machine
07-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Let me dice some onions and cry a good one so I can feel better about my Eagles, LOL. I don't believe they participated in even one 7 on 7 all summer. They MUST be ready to tear it up, huh???
What's the health status of Ian Sadler?

regaleagle
07-09-2012, 11:27 PM
The latest info on Sadler from what I have heard is that he is good to go for the start of the season. I guess his knee has recovered from the ACL tear. Don't really know much about his condition, but maybe one of the other Argyle posters does. Been in South Texas all summer.

ronwx5x
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Looks like Bolshavik got exactly what he wanted. Stir up the pot, then sit back and watch it boil!

bolshavik
07-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Just asked a simple question. I can't help it if everybody gets all butt hurt over a simple question.

MGAR
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Anyone think this was a JV tournament or just a high school tournament in general.

ronwx5x
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
GOT THIS FROM A POST ON TOC.

WTH?????????? A good friend of mine from Pilot Point told me he watched Celina's "JV" 7on7 team play this weekend in College Station. However, their JV had VARSITY kids on it..lol.. He named at least 6-8 VARSITY players from last year, including some incoming SENIORS who were playing in the JV DIVISION...

Why would a new coach allow or permit this to happen? It takes playing time away from the younger kids (who aren't expected to be on the varsity team next week)

Why would the community allow for the embarrassment of winning a "JV" tournament with VARSITY KIDS? Has Celina fallen this far that they would resort to a win at all cost mentality of actually cheating? I am SURE they will say that they were young kids playing but THEIR ARE PICTURES of returning starters/SENIORS/and starters on this year's team playing in the tournament.Can somebody from Celina shed some light on this?

Some people he talked to at the "JV" tournament were not happy.

Hardly looks like "a simple question". Accusations, pointed jabs and a demand for an answer from all people from Celina?

bolshavik
07-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I simply posted what was on TOC. Is that a crime?

bolshavik
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Also to the guy up top that thinks my handle has something to do with bolshevik. Funny how our brains work where we always try to make sense of what our eyes are seeing. bolshavik and bolshevik are two different things. One was a revolution and well, the other is my handle on 3ADL

BILLYFRED0000
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey as far as explaining the question? We won and you don't like it because of what somebody else said. simple right?

orange machine
07-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey as far as explaining the question? We won and you don't like it because of what somebody else said. simple right?
Hey whats up man havent heard from you in awhile?

bolshavik
07-10-2012, 01:01 PM
I could care less, I just like the banter back and forth. Celina needs a little ribbin now and again. I don't know why anybody on here takes what I say as serious but they sure do and it cracks me up everytime.

BILLYFRED0000
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Not much OM..... just chillin. been bustin at work with extra hours all summer. not much free time to speak of. How bout you?

sandbagger
07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I could care less, I just like the banter back and forth. Celina needs a little ribbin now and again. I don't know why anybody on here takes what I say as serious but they sure do and it cracks me up everytime.
Dont worry about it. The celinabots are just hoping to be relivant again.

bobcat1
07-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Dont worry about it. The celinabots are just hoping to be relivant again. Well what do you know, sanstbagger showed up. :evilgrin:

regaleagle
07-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Must be gettin' pretty close to that opening day I guess. I know I'm looking forward to more posters putting in their 1 cent worth. This is great cheap entertainment, you gotta admit that much, LOL. When the season starts, you can hardly find a better form of amusement.

orange machine
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Must be gettin' pretty close to that opening day I guess. I know I'm looking forward to more posters putting in their 1 cent worth. This is great cheap entertainment, you gotta admit that much, LOL. When the season starts, you can hardly find a better form of amusement.

I have to agree I get a kick out of people mouthing and trying to prove their point and then it turns into he said she said its great.

Manso/V8
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM

I have seen people get so upset by that very situation that they turn all blue in the face.

hollywood
07-11-2012, 09:52 AM
I have seen people get so upset by that very situation that they turn all blue in the face.

Or orange.

garciap77
07-14-2012, 11:33 AM
go orange and black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobcat1
07-14-2012, 01:30 PM
go orange and black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who? Not our colors..............

bp80884
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM
"The Prime Time JV 7 on 7 With a Few Varsity Players Thrown in for Good Measure Metroplex State Tournement of Champions"

There.

I think they should just make this small clarification on the banner next year and no one will have any reason to gripe!

Great solution FB-Fanatic! I love your logic!

Lion70
07-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Ylol LoL I enjoyed Henderson beating Celina one of the easiest games we played just saying....

bobcat1
07-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Ylol LoL I enjoyed Henderson beating Celina one of the easiest games we played just saying....Henderson beat us with a freshman QB. I was relieved when Henderson got that ONE championship. For generations to come they will at least have that to talk about. Just replying.............

Lion70
07-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Henderson beat us with a freshman QB. I was relieved when Henderson got that ONE championship. For generations to come they will at least have that to talk about. Just replying............Win a 3a one then feek free to talk. Love the excuses but your fish had Celina at a undefeated record until you played us lol.

bobcat1
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Henderson beat us with a freshman QB. I was relieved when Henderson got that ONE championship. For generations to come they will at least have that to talk about. Just replying............. "Win a 3a one then feek free to talk." (Your words):tisk: Uhmm 2007 we did just that and undefeated 16-0 at that. Played for it all in 2006 and 2008 too. Think before you type. How does that shoe leather taste now?:doh:

Love the excuses but your fish had Celina at a undefeated record until you played us lol.Yep I guess I was making excuses. Kinda puts me in your shoes after that game with those Injuns of Alvarado.:wave:

Celina moved UP to 3A in 2006. We didn't move down from 4A. Just sayin'......

Lion70
07-17-2012, 11:21 AM
"Win a 3a one then feek free to talk." (Your words):tisk: Uhmm 2007 we did just that and undefeated 16-0 at that. Played for it all in 2006 and 2008 too. Think before you type. How does that shoe leather taste now?:doh:

Yep I guess I was making excuses. Kinda puts me in your shoes after that game with those Injuns of Alvarado.:wave:

Celina moved UP to 3A in 2006. We didn't move down from 4A. Just sayin'...... recent Championship yep thats what I thought and by the way we beat the crap out of yall so you wouldn't do much better against Alvardao just saying...

Lion70
07-17-2012, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=bobcat1;1681593]"Win a 3a one then feek free to talk." (Your words):tisk: Uhmm 2007 we did just that and undefeated 16-0 at that. Played for it all in 2006 and 2008 too. Think before you type. How does that shoe leather taste now?:doh:
my mistake thought yall were always 2a.

orange machine
07-17-2012, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=bobcat1;1681593]"Win a 3a one then feek free to talk." (Your words):tisk: Uhmm 2007 we did just that and undefeated 16-0 at that. Played for it all in 2006 and 2008 too. Think before you type. How does that shoe leather taste now?:doh:
my mistake thought yall were always 2a.
You sure make a lot of them mistakes.:crazy1:

Lion70
07-17-2012, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Lion70;1681662]
You sure make a lot of them mistakes.:crazy1:
So did your team when they played a real team.

orange machine
07-17-2012, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1681673]
So did your team when they played a real team.
I'm not even talking about the game I'm making this personal LOL.

bobcat1
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1681673]
So did your team when they played a real team.Hold on. Is this Lions88 or whatever that winner was named.

regaleagle
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Sure is nice to hear everybody gettin' all geared up for football again, is all I can say. It's been a looong dry spell since December. Y'all keep it going, and it'll be here before we all realize it.

Lion70
07-18-2012, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=Lion70;1681730]Hold on. Is this Lions88 or whatever that winner was named.

No I heard of him and have been called that before lol. I am the one and only LION70. I am not well liked by the way lol.

Lion70
07-18-2012, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=Lion70;1681730]
I'm not even talking about the game I'm making
this personal LOL.

Its good I have a lot of fans on here and on smoaky lol.

Old Tiger
07-18-2012, 08:30 AM
^
http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2011/Mar/mr-cool.jpg

orange machine
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1681736]

Its good I have a lot of fans on here and on smoaky lol.

Yeah ive seen some of the antics over on smoaky that you get yourself into.

Ranger Mom
07-18-2012, 02:57 PM
LOL Your quote made it look like you were talking to yourself!!

Lion70
07-19-2012, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=Lion70;1681761]

Yeah ive seen some of the antics over on smoaky that you get yourself into.

Just tell it like it is even with Henderson fans. Sometimes the Truth hurts.

3 and out
07-21-2012, 10:46 AM
i was there and i am sure celina felt some of their varsity neeed to go to this so they could win before they go to the real thing...

dont worry about it. The celinabots are just hoping to be relivant again.

how do you like your crow?

Rocket
07-21-2012, 11:51 AM
"Win a 3a one then feek free to talk." (Your words):tisk: Uhmm 2007 we did just that and undefeated 16-0 at that. Played for it all in 2006 and 2008 too. Think before you type. How does that shoe leather taste now?:doh:

Yep I guess I was making excuses. Kinda puts me in your shoes after that game with those Injuns of Alvarado.:wave:

Celina moved UP to 3A in 2006. We didn't move down from 4A. Just sayin'......

The Henderson team picture from 2010 looked like an 8th grade team pic. Just sayin'...

Lion70
07-22-2012, 08:11 AM
The Henderson team picture from 2010 looked like an 8th grade team pic. Just sayin'...
that team could be your Almost Champion anyday just saying... Nice reach...

buckeyebob
07-23-2012, 05:38 AM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gif That was tacky!