PDA

View Full Version : LM State 7 on 7 Article

CTS
07-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Sounds like those boys are out washing cars....

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/326318

Gone Fishing
07-06-2012, 08:30 PM

Watch out - Could be the "Madden kiss of death"!!! Remember fellows, its only 7 on 7, ITS NOT football!!

FB-fanatic
07-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Fortunately, we put our top executive on the fundraising trail the day we qualified. My lovely wife, within four hours of qualifying, had $2000 in sponsoships lined up. Covers hotels and a couple of meals apiece per player. We were able to skip the carwash thing altogether.

Ville-D
07-06-2012, 10:59 PM

Its good to see your boys out practicing and working as a team to earn the money to go to the tournament. Not sure why GF has a problem with it... just bitter I guess.

You'll find there are a few like that here. Not everybody but a very vocal minority.

I say good job...

Gone Fishing
07-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Its good to see your boys out practicing and working as a team to earn the money to go to the tournament. Not sure why GF has a problem with it... just bitter I guess.

You'll find there are a few like that here. Not everybody but a very vocal minority.

I say good job... I don't have a problem with it VilleD. I was just using the old phrase. ( if you get your pic on Madden you have a bad year, ie if you work so hard to win 7 on 7 maybe you won't win the real one, it was a joke! "kiss of death" theory)

CTS
07-07-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't have a problem with it VilleD. I was just using the old phrase. ( if you get your pic on Madden you have a bad year, ie if you work so hard to win 7 on 7 maybe you won't win the real one, it was a joke! "kiss of death" theory)

I don't think they are working hard to win it. They are working hard to get to go compete. Wimberly and LM are very different socio-economic worlds apart my friend. LM one of the poorer
Communities you will find.

Tejastrue
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't think they are working hard to win it. They are working hard to get to go compete. Wimberly and LM are very different socio-economic worlds apart my friend. LM one of the poorer

One question. Where in the heck did you get that response from what GF said? One could take more from what VilleD said to get to where you're at with your comment.

Gone Fishing
07-07-2012, 09:22 PM

What do you mean by that CTS? "LM one of the poorer communities you will find" ????... Thats BS, my friend (back at ya). We are not Lake Travis or Westlake or Dripping Springs!!! I think you are saying that because we are mostly white....and I really don't appreciate that.

AND by the way Wimberley has an E in it.

CTS
07-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't have a problem with it VilleD. I was just using the old phrase. ( if you get your pic on Madden you have a bad year, ie if you work so hard to win 7 on 7 maybe you won't win the real one, it was a joke! "kiss of death" theory)

Take it however you like. Read your quote about working hard to win it. My reply was they are workin hard to have the chance to attend. Never brought up race, you just did. Just stating a socio-economic fact that WimberlEy (there's your E) has a much higher per capita income; so therefore, perhaps, and just perhaps, they don't have to go out and raise money in much the same way these boys are. I don't know.

As far as taking offense, again go right ahead. One could easily take offense at someone joking at the expense of kids trying to raise money to attend a tournament. But no offense taken.

Matthew328
07-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Wimberley median family income 56, 910
LaMarque median family income 39,081

Gone Fishing
07-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Take it however you like. Read your quote about working hard to win it. My reply was they are workin hard to have the chance to attend. Never brought up race, you just did. Just stating a socio-economic fact that WimberlEy (there's your E) has a much higher per capita income; so therefore, perhaps, and just perhaps, they don't have to go out and raise money in much the same way these boys are. I don't know.

As far as taking offense, again go right ahead. One could easily take offense at someone joking at the expense of kids trying to raise money to attend a tournament. But no offense taken.

Hey look CTS I was making a joke about the "Madden Curse" for who ever wins the 7 on 7 tournament. Ya'll or Stephenville should win it especially after reading how both have done so far in 7 on 7 this summer. It wasnt about how kids or families got to CS, my bad. Wimberley hasn't done all that great at state tourney in years past, I was just making a joke about who wins it.

I've read your posts since you got on here and mostly like your thoughts and can tell you love your HS football. I do too, even more this year. Best of luck to ya'll, I'll see you on another post down the line. My "kiss of death" Madden joke is out of here. lol

CTS
07-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Perhaps I perceived it wrong as well my friend. We are no Stephenville I assure you when it comes to 7 on 7 success.
I have stated before I really don't see us doing all that well at CS. I just know the kids bust their tail every summer when they qualify to raise the money to get there. A lot of the LM kids it is literally their first trip out of the Houston area when they go.

I try very hard not to be one of the "homer" posters that is boastful or arrogant. As I have stated before, I have a lot of respect for the Texans program, as well as the other great programs in 3A.

cougartino
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm one of the 7 on 7 volunteer coaches, so let me help out here. The good folks from the area and CSN supporters are coming through. We are close to raising the necessary funds. We'll be there. CTS you know my take. If it's checkers, jacks, UNO, or hopscotch, we're coming to win.

I can't wait! :nerd:

PS: I chose that icon because it looks almost like me!

Gone Fishing
07-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Dammit cougar/ CTS ... I can't help myself... Its hard to win twice!!! let Stephenville win the 7 on 7... LOL

FB-fanatic
07-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm one of the 7 on 7 volunteer coaches, so let me help out here. The good folks from the area and CSN supporters are coming through. We are close to raising the necessary funds. We'll be there. CTS you know my take. If it's checkers, jacks, UNO, or hopscotch, we're coming to win.

I can't wait! :nerd:

PS: I chose that icon because it looks almost like me!

Hey cougartino, very glad you guys are close to reaching your goal on fundraising. My post up top was not meant to antagonize nor rub it in. I was surprised as anyone how quickly we met our goal this year. Good luck and see you guys next week.

Tejastrue
07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Watch out - Could be the "Madden kiss of death"!!! Remember fellows, its only 7 on 7, ITS NOT football!!

7 on 7..The Beginning..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7cwbeAFyf8

cougartino
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Hey cougartino, very glad you guys are close to reaching your goal on fundraising. My post up top was not meant to antagonize nor rub it in. I was surprised as anyone how quickly we met our goal this year. Good luck and see you guys next week.

We're good! :nerd:

Ville-D
07-09-2012, 04:05 PM

GF, my problem with your comment was that it seemed that you didn't even read the article before you commented. And if you did read it, why make that comment when the article is about kids working hard to earn money to be able to go and compete at the state tournament?

Ville-D
07-14-2012, 12:41 AM
GF, my problem with your comment was that it seemed that you didn't even read the article before you commented. And if you did read it, why make that comment when the article is about kids working hard to earn money to be able to go and compete at the state tournament?

No answer GF?