PDA

View Full Version : Newest Rivalries?

Bullaholic
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
There are many old and hotly contested rivalries in 3A. What are some of the newest rivalries emerging in 3A?

MustangFootball
07-06-2012, 12:47 PM
There are many old and hotly contested rivalries in 3A. What are some of the newest rivalries emerging in 3A?
(30-3A)

Ingleside vs Sinton is a rivalry that's been getting really hot the last 5 or 6 years, Ingleside lost their biggest rivalry game when Aransas Pass dropped down to 2a, that's one of the longest lasting rivalry in Texas football, it's a real shame that it's on hold for the time being.....but Ingleside and Sinton are split 3-3 over the last 6 years, before then Sinton has always owned the district and was rarely challenged.

Pendragon13
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Abilene Wylie vs Monahans. We've scrimmaged in August the past several years, but haven't met in the regular season in recent memory..

orange machine
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Hopefully Argyle and Celina can get something going.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Port Isabel had a natural rival in Los Fresnos (only 2 towns on Highway 100, hence "Battle of Highway 100) but that game is no more since Los Fresnos got bumped up to 5A. But there's a new rivalry that's been heating up between Port Isabel and Rio Hondo. They've been beating each other for the past 6 years, and it's starting to get pretty heated. Not as much as Port Isabel v. Los Fresnos but give it time, I think.

Gone Fishing
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Stephenville vs La Marque LOL a hundred times

CTS
07-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Stephenville vs La Marque LOL a hundred times

No La Marque-Stephenville game on tap...lol. I know that we did contact Brenham, Navasota, John Tyler and Celina when we were looking for a 10th game with no luck.

coachc45
07-06-2012, 09:30 PM
No La Marque-Stephenville game on tap...lol. I know that we did contact Brenham, Navasota, John Tyler and Celina when we were looking for a 10th game with no luck.

Y'all pulled out of the John Tyler game....so don't throw that out there.

CTS
07-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Actually John Tyler pulled out sir. They found a mexican national team that was going to go
To Tyler twice. If you need to verify that you can probably catch up with the Tyler coach who I believe is now at Oak Ridge.

coachc45
07-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Actually John Tyler pulled out sir. They found a mexican national team that was going to go
To Tyler twice. If you need to verify that you can probably catch up with the Tyler coach who I believe is now at Oak Ridge.

I was there in the office at John Tyler when it happened. I happen to be the DC at Oak Ridge and was at John Tyler with the coach. Lamarque called and asked out due to financial reasons. That was when we went looking for another game and wound up having to schedule Le Tigre..... of course the LaMarque thing happened after Stephenville pulled out also.

CTS
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Well it's funny that you have your version because it was my company that was furnishing the bus for the trip up there and I was in the AD's office as well when he was on the phone with Coach Rush. I'm not implying that LM would have beaten Tyler, probably not, especially in Tyler the first year. But make no mistake, I was there to hear Coach Rush (I believe that's his name) tell our coach they were going to go with the Mexican team because they got two games out of it. It is what it is, but so we are clear, I was stating that our school tried to schedule those teams, nothing more, nothing less. Best of luck to you this season.

coachc45
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Well it's funny that you have your version because it was my company that was furnishing the bus for the trip up there and I was in the AD's office as well when he was on the phone with Coach Rush. I'm not implying that LM would have beaten Tyler, probably not, especially in Tyler the first year. But make no mistake, I was there to hear Coach Rush (I believe that's his name) tell our coach they were going to go with the Mexican team because they got two games out of it. It is what it is, but so we are clear, I was stating that our school tried to schedule those teams, nothing more, nothing less. Best of luck to you this season.

I was in the office when the LaMarque coach called the first time and said the only way that they could come was if Tyler ISD could pay for their travel. Coach Rush said that we couldn't. We found the games with the Mexican team and then got the call back from Lamarque's coach saying he worked it out. Coach Rush said no because he had already gotten the Mexican team. Trust me, we wanted to play LaMarque but Coach Rush had an agreement with the other team and didn't want to break his word. You were only there for the 2nd conversation, not both. I was there for both. And you were implying that y'all couldn't get those teams to play....same BS that Stephenville threw out there when they pulled out of the game with John Tyler.

CTS
07-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I wasn't implying anything but I appreciate you giving me the chance to get my posts up so I can get all the neat bells and whistles that come with it.

Whatever latent issues you have towards Stephenville sounds like something you should work through. I tend to give those guys there respect and move on. Which it seems you have done from Tyler so it appears to be a dead issue.

Again sir, best of luck to you. Here's hoping those issues manifest into a stout defense for your squad.

Manso/V8
07-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Financial reasons on the part of LaMarque, I can understand, especially if they called again after they found a way to work it out.. What was the story with Stephenville?

coachc45
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I wasn't implying anything but I appreciate you giving me the chance to get my posts up so I can get all the neat bells and whistles that come with it.

Whatever latent issues you have towards Stephenville sounds like something you should work through. I tend to give those guys there respect and move on. Which it seems you have done from Tyler so it appears to be a dead issue.

Again sir, best of luck to you. Here's hoping those issues manifest into a stout defense for your squad.

No issues. Just seems that the 2 new kids on the 3A block have the same problem. They like to throw JT under the bus without the facts. I left John Tyler to go with Coach Rush and not because I have anything against JT. I am now one of their biggest fans and don't like seeing that program or Coach Rush name dropped and half truths being told.

I am hoping that we can have some sort of defense that can give LaMarque a little struggle offensively when we scrimmage. We know how good y'all will be and give y'all all due respect.

coachc45
07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Financial reasons on the part of LaMarque, I can understand, especially if they called again after they found a way to work it out.. What was the story with Stephenville?

The story with Stephenville was simple. We called and agreed to play them week five and not have a bye between them and district. They agreed. Then the next day their coach calls back and says that they can't travel all the way to Tyler and needed to pull out of the game. Wasn't a week later when some Stephenville fans were on here telling everyone how everyone was afraid to play them and they couldn't fill the game.

CTS
07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Go back and reread. I was actually glad we didn't play JT. I thought they were a little too much to handle this coming year. Our coach wanted a 10th game. He was willing to go to Tyler but with the budget crunch couldn't afford to get there without help. Our company is supplying bus for the game in Dallas so we can play.

You will more than hold your own at Oak Ridge. There are some great kids up there. I know our coaches were thrilled to get to scrimmage you because of the respect they have for your head coach.

Again best of luck this season.

coachc45
07-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Go back and reread. I was actually glad we didn't play JT. I thought they were a little too much to handle this coming year. Our coach wanted a 10th game. He was willing to go to Tyler but with the budget crunch couldn't afford to get there without help. Our company is supplying bus for the game in Dallas so we can play.

You will more than hold your own at Oak Ridge. There are some great kids up there. I know our coaches were thrilled to get to scrimmage you because of the respect they have for your head coach.

Again best of luck this season.

Thank you. We were very glad for the opportunity to measure our program against a program the caliber of LaMarque. We will have our work cut out for us.

Good Luck to you Cougars in 3A.

slingshot
07-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Abilene Wylie vs Monahans. We've scrimmaged in August the past several years, but haven't met in the regular season in recent memory..Ditto. This outa be a good one...

Halup
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM
The Monahans Loboes have scrimmaged Wylie for, I believe, the last 4 years. But the two schools have never played each other before. In the last 2 years, the Loboes have played all of Wylie's former district opponents -- Snyder (3 times), Brownwood (2 times), Sweetwater (2 times), and Big Spring (2 times); but never Wylie. We Lobo fans respect Wylie's excellence and tradition. We are "tickled pink" for the opportunity to get to play against such a quality program. Here's hoping we can be competitive! "GO GRINGO"

LIONS#1
07-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Stephenville VS Venus outta be a doozy...LMAO:evillol::spitlol: Or Maybe Hillsboro vs Stephenville....LMAO:crazy1:

Lion70
07-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Not much with Henderson but I bet Chapel hill vs Kilgore,Gilmer, and Bullard could be great.
Kilgore vs Gilmer would be a good one too.

Rabid Cougar
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Stephenville VS Venus outta be a doozy...LMAO:evillol::spitlol: Or Maybe Hillsboro vs Stephenville....LMAO:crazy1:

Yea real funny if you have a kid on either one of those teams.

GrTigers6
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
I think Stephenville and Glen Rose will become a rivalry being in same district and neighbors

toddg
07-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Yea real funny if you have a kid on either one of those teams.

just noticed that Alvarado/China Spring is our homecoming game...word to the wise..get here early!

jason
07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
I think Stephenville and Glen Rose will become a rivalry being in same district and neighbors

at this current moment in time - glen rose would play third fiddle behind aledo and brownwood

Bullaholic
07-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Bridgeport and Monahans had real playoff wars in 05' and 08'. Hope we can meet them again down the playoff road---great program and fans.

Bridgeport and Argyle have had some real game intensity in the past.

Bridgeport and Graham have developed a neighborhood rivalry over the last few years.

toddg
07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
at this current moment in time - glen rose would play third fiddle behind aledo and brownwood

at this current moment in time - Brownwood is not on Stephenville's schedule for next 2 seasons..

jason
07-09-2012, 10:26 AM
at this current moment in time - Brownwood is not on Stephenville's schedule for next 2 seasons..
i know, but that still shows how far down the list glen rose is

the fact that glen rose fans actually think they have a chance to beat stephenville in football is comical...

Bullaholic
07-09-2012, 10:28 AM

Bridgeport and Alvarado have had a couple of good un's, toddg----neither of which turned out right....:D
The Indians have a good program, and great fans. Always fun to play schools like them.

toddg
07-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Bridgeport and Alvarado have had a couple of good un's, toddg----neither of which turned out right....:D
The Indians have a good program, and great fans. Always fun to play schools like them.

Luv the games with the Bulls...they get our secondary's head right with ball for sure..ought to be another good one early this season!

toddg
07-09-2012, 10:39 AM
i know, but that still shows how far down the list glen rose is

the fact that glen rose fans actually think they have a chance to beat stephenville in football is comical...

yeah...but the Tigers are the kind of team that can sneak up on you..well coached with some legit talant.

lostaussie
07-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Kilgore vs Gilmer would be a good one too.Yep I pretty sure Kilgore not forgot about the 71 we hung on them last time we played. That might come around to sting a little in later years:D

Lion70
07-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Yep I pretty sure Kilgore not forgot about the 71 we hung on them last time we played. That might come around to sting a little in later years:D I forgot that one but truly enjoyed it. I think yall can beat them by at least 40 cause Kilgore has gotten better since then lol.

VWG
07-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Bridgeport and Graham have played since the 80's. Not every year, but it's been fairly consistent.
Don't know if I would term it a "new" rivalry but it's normally a good match-up.
Springtown coming into 3A should spark up some good games with all the 3A schools they are now within 30-60 miles of.

toddg
07-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Bridgeport and Graham have played since the 80's. Not every year, but it's been fairly consistent.
Don't know if I would term it a "new" rivalry but it's normally a good match-up.
Springtown coming into 3A should spark up some good games with all the 3A schools they are now within 30-60 miles of.

i see POJO doing well in 3a