PDA

View Full Version : Sonnen vs Silva 2....who ya got?

LIONS#1
07-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I gotta say this is the most hyped fight in MMA...Sonnen is talking so much crap...but I like IT:blahblah:...I predict he has pissed off Silva just enough to get his azz whooped this time..Silva in 1 round!!:vrycnfsd:

Gobbla2001
07-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Going with Sonnen. I'm pretty much 100% on it... Only question i have is "am i going to watch it?" The onlu bar in town that shows the fights ticked me off pretty bad two weekends ago, so I've neen staying away.

Z-RO
07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Going with Sonnen. I'm pretty much 100% on it... Only question i have is "am i going to watch it?" The onlu bar in town that shows the fights ticked me off pretty bad two weekends ago, so I've neen staying away.

Fixing to send ya a PM to solve that problem ;)

defense51
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Sonnen put a beating on him last time till Silva caught him and submitted him. I think Sonnen takes him down tomorrow, it's time for a new champ! Sonnen is a better brawler, while Silva is more technical and can explode at anytime. Hopefully this fight lives up to its hype and goes more than one or two rounds.

Z-RO
07-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Scratch that "Gobbla2001 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Gobbla2001
07-06-2012, 05:59 PM
All clear...been a while

LIONS#1
07-06-2012, 07:10 PM
I to hope Sonnen wins as well...and have the Title in America again...just can't get over all the crap Sonnen talks...well I will be a Sonnen fan if he beats Silva...we shall see!!

Ville-D
07-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Can you help me solve the problem too?

yellaseeker
07-06-2012, 11:24 PM
I don't know why chael is any different but i usually don't like guys that talk that much trash. I guess it's cause he doesn't come off as a punk when doing it. I really hope he beats the **** out of silva. He wanted to finish him so bad in that last fight that he left his guard down a little too much. That last fight i think sonnen studied and trained for silva more than silva did him. This time i bet silva did a little more home work. For chael, i think nothing should change other than being a little more conservative if it goes the distance and he knows it's in the bag. For silva, if he can't catch sonnen on the way in, his ass is done i believe. I want sonnen to open him up and let him taste his own blood.

LIONS#1
07-07-2012, 10:31 AM
After watching a trailer of Silva talking trash last night...I am now in Sonnen's corner!!!

Gobbla2001
07-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I usually rest on the other side of the trash talking myself, but for some reason I like it from Sonnen...

I actually like Silva and don't like Sonnen as much (though he's growing on me)... I just don't think Silva can avoid what happened last go around without tweaking his approach he takes into every fight, and it rarely works well when fighters change/tweak their styles/approach for one fight.. then again, I can see Silva one-kick/hit-quittin' it in one or two... but gimme Sonnen...

Necks88Fan
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I usually rest on the other side of the trash talking myself, but for some reason I like it from Sonnen...

I actually like Silva and don't like Sonnen as much (though he's growing on me)... I just don't think Silva can avoid what happened last go around without tweaking his approach he takes into every fight, and it rarely works well when fighters change/tweak their styles/approach for one fight.. then again, I can see Silva one-kick/hit-quittin' it in one or two... but gimme Sonnen...

Yeah, Silva could end it if sonnen gets a little too risky coming in. I do however, think sonnen is a better brawler and has a better chin. Silva has not been tested much but, the few guys that have come right at him, have put him in his place somewhat. Cote' and Henderson did well against him and i really thought Cote' had him till he blew his knee out. They simply let silva stay around too long. I agree with yellaseeker as far as Silva studying the last fight and having some counter measures after seing where his mistakes were in that fight. I'm pulling for Sonnen but i think he has to end it early. I still think he has to win it on the ground even though he got submitted last time.

Blastoderm55
07-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Good first round for Sonnen but Silva showed once again why he's the best with his patience and striking.

LionFan72
07-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Didn't get to watch fight yet, but see Silva by TKO in 2nd! Was leaning to Sonnen as new Lion of the jungle, but "spider ninja" came thru again. Silva is truly a beast!

Emerson1
07-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Sonnen was just stupid enough to attempt a spinning back fist on the greatest fighter in the world. A round after he probably won 10-8.

Gobbla2001
07-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Yah, stupid move by Sonnen... at least he might get some free bbq out of it...

LIONS#1
07-08-2012, 12:55 PM
That was about the biggest waste of time and ...well I went to a local sports bar so the only money I wasted was on Beer..:D..Almost looked rigged to me...the spinning back fist missed and Sonnen tripped and went down back against the fence and Silva might have thrown a knee while Sonnen was down that connected..but honestly the punches were all being blocked by Sonnen's arms...LOL when the ref stepped in...just looked to WWF to me. Plus all the pay per view fights looked weak except for Ortiz and Griffin...that was a good fight. The free undercard fights looked good though...OH well Football Season Can't get here fast enough.