PDA

View Full Version : Gcs

CTS
07-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I've been on this site long enough now to appreciate the passion and insight you folks have for your teams and 3A football. In fact I've learned several things in my short time here that will hopefully help me to enjoy the football season even more.

Without a doubt, the number one phrase I never heard in all our years at the 4A level, but have read daily on this site and heard on the S2S is...."East Texas Speed". In all sincerity, I am going to have to make it up Highway 59 this year to catch a game, so I can see this phenomenon for myself.

That being said, I am here to create a new phrase, since Coognation believes there are some folks in Galveston County that can run a little bit too. From this point forward, GCS will officially become a part of my vocabulary.

Now when we have a match-up in the fall I'll be able to debate "Gulf Coast Speed" vs. anybody else's speed that we are playing.

So watch out now as CTS debates GCS vs. ETS on the 3ADL... :)

waterboy
07-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I've heard about that "East Texas Speed" thing a lot, too, and I am FROM East Texas. There is speed all over the state, not just in ET. The reason I believe this speed thing is brought up is because of the success of ET in 3A football. I have seen teams outside of ET with just as much, or more on occasion, speed. While having speed certainly "helps" win titles, it's the discipline of the players and coaching that makes a team a success.

Gsquared
07-05-2012, 08:00 AM
I've been on this site long enough now to appreciate the passion and insight you folks have for your teams and 3A football. In fact I've learned several things in my short time here that will hopefully help me to enjoy the football season even more.

Without a doubt, the number one phrase I never heard in all our years at the 4A level, but have read daily on this site and heard on the S2S is...."East Texas Speed". In all sincerity, I am going to have to make it up Highway 59 this year to catch a game, so I can see this phenomenon for myself.

That being said, I am here to create a new phrase, since Coognation believes there are some folks in Galveston County that can run a little bit too. From this point forward, GCS will officially become a part of my vocabulary.

Now when we have a match-up in the fall I'll be able to debate "Gulf Coast Speed" vs. anybody else's speed that we are playing.

So watch out now as CTS debates GCS vs. ETS on the 3ADL... :)

Can I borrow GCS for our next show??? :D Without a doubt there is tons of speed down your way

CTS
07-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Can I borrow GCS for our next show??? :D Without a doubt there is tons of speed down your way

As long as you take a shot every time you refer to it throughout the season.

Gsquared
07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
As long as you take a shot every time you refer to it throughout the season.
ITSADEAL!!!! We are gonna have the CTS GCS Shot segment every show now.

Tejastrue
07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Well heck. We're gonna have to lay claim to one of them titles. HCS..Hill Country Speed. We may appear a little slower but it's only because we have to run up all them dang hills. It sure does wonders for strength and endurance. Can't argue the final results. ;)

Gsquared
07-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Well heck. We're gonna have to lay claim to one of them titles. HCS..Hill Country Speed. We may appear a little slower but it's only because we have to run up all them dang hills. It sure does wonders for strength and endurance. Can't argue the final results. ;)
Tejas, we will have an HCS shot segment too!!!!!

Matthew328
07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
WHOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHH

When that's the term most associated with your team on various message boards you know you are fast....

CTS
07-05-2012, 10:24 AM
I am impressed with your knowledge Mr. Stepp....

WE ARE LAMARQUE COUGARS......WHOOSH!!! :)

Bullaholic
07-05-2012, 10:36 AM

Welcome to the land of 1-school-1 town and all the passion that goes with it, CTS. Hope your Cougars find 3A to be a good place to test their hunting skills, but I think they will find that this neighborhood is not just a bunch of housecats who hide from the bigger cats....:D

Matthew328
07-05-2012, 10:51 AM

I've been around a while lol

Gone Fishing
07-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I've been around a while lol

HCS = 11 football players all working together as a machine and not one of them run better than a 4.7, BUT, not one of them run worst than 5.0 .... Sweet HCS, we have proof in the results.

Manso/V8
07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
HCS = 11 football players all working together as a machine and not one of them run better than a 4.7, BUT, not one of them run worst than 5.0 .... Sweet HCS, we have proof in the results.

HCS can be measured with a sundail, a high-tech sundail, but still a sundail.

Tejastrue
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
HCS can be measured with a sundial, a high-tech sundial, but still a sundial.

They are extremely accurate.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4816351183636184&id=22a47cd8a765387953ee4431e1a8b2fa

Ville-D
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
They are extremely accurate.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4816351183636184&id=22a47cd8a765387953ee4431e1a8b2fa

Thats what we use here in Stephenville with our all our mighty "Just West of Wimberley but Way East of Brownwood Speed" or JWOWbWEoBS as we call it around here.

G2, can you work that in also? I'm a big S2S P1 and I think only good can come from more shots.

Matthew328
07-06-2012, 07:30 AM

Wimberley has done OK with their HCS, and we all know whats up with ETS...but GCS could give em a run..La Marque's track record (no pun intended) is a good also

Gone Fishing
07-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Wimberley has done OK with their HCS, and we all know whats up with ETS...but GCS could give em a run..La Marque's track record (no pun intended) is a good also
Yup, GCS scares me way more than ETS.

Gone Fishing
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
HCS can be measured with a sundail, a high-tech sundail, but still a sundail.

OR State Rings, two of um...