PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4TH of July

zebrablue2
07-04-2012, 08:56 AM
To all the men and women, past and present that have our backs, I say thank you. Happy 4TH of July to all...

regaleagle
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
What's on the menu today? We're gonna get that smoker going with some babybacks, chicken legquarters, some of that Opa's Beef Sausage, a fresh-made fruit salad consisting of seedless watermelon, canteloupe, pineapple chunks, and peach slices, and a pasta mix of pepperoni, black olive, cheddar cheese, tomato, zesty italian dressing w/balsamic vinagarette. Fourth of July red, white, and blue-iced cupcakes make for a tasty treat, as does the pineapple upside-down cake. Of course, you can't forget the St. Paui Girl and Beck's. The pintos have been soaking, and are now ready to slowly cook for hours. I guess I better mention my son Matt's home-made Salsa he'll be putting together for the dipping, as we all take a dip or two in the backyard pool today as well. Everybody have a great Fourth, and let's hear about what is on your Fourth of July menu and calendar.

regaleagle
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Y'all didn't think I was finished yet, I hope. We also have some fresh-picked ears of corn to roast on the barbie(bathed in water with the shucks on), my famous spicy avacado dip with serrano peppers in a bed of lettuce and tomatoes, and who knows what else...except fresh whole strawberries, dipped in chocalate if you prefer.:crazy1:

Manso/V8
07-04-2012, 03:17 PM
St. Pauli girl is a great tasting beer with an awesome label!

Tejastrue
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Keeping it very basic this time around with hot dogs on the grill, optional chili and onions topping, some Bush's Grillin beans, Lay's potato chips, ice cold Dr Pepper, and fudge brownies w/Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.

defense51
07-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Happy 4th of July!

Manso/V8
07-04-2012, 05:14 PM
we're going with grilled sirloin, ranch style beans, roasted corn, salad, and prolly some blue bell.
happy 4th.

bobcat1
07-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Mine was awesome! Got to spend it with my Mom and my brother. As usual my brother cooked his world famous Ribs. I'm telling you they can't be bought anywhere as good as he cooks them. The big bonus was he cooked a slab for me to bring home to boot! He started the fire about 5am this morning and put them on. They had soaked in his secret marinate and rub all night. About 2:30 it looked like a pack of wolves killed a couple of pigs. We had homemade ice cream with cantalope in it. Son of a gun that was good. My wife made her fantastic bannana puddin' to top it off. Of course there was roasted corn, macarono salad, fresh strawberries with some kind of white dip that was awesome. Brisket and smoked sausage. He lives on Lake Graham and lake lice and jet fleas were everywhere. We didn't even try to wet a hook. Good times!

regaleagle
07-04-2012, 09:53 PM
That's good stuff Bobcat1. It's nice to spend a holiday with family members in the good ol' Texas scenery. Nothing can beat it. I love America, and I LOVE Texas!!!