PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry to Boston

Ville-D
07-03-2012, 04:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jason-terry-agreed-become-boston-celtic-dallas-shakeup-202910702--nba.html

orange machine
07-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Mavericks are well on their way to going back to loserville again. It was a nice ride though for a number of years.

waterboy
07-03-2012, 04:58 PM
The Mavs may have to go through several seasons at around .500 just to start adding youth to replace aging players. Jason Terry may have as many as three effective years left, Dirk about the same, and Jason Kidd may only have one more season. The changing of the guard is coming. I just hope they can get back to the 50+ win, title contenders we've gotten used to seeing. It's going to look much different over the next few years, however.

icu812
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Now no Kidd either, signed by NY (I like him but I'm glad). Mavs put all their eggs in the cap space basket. Took a gamble that it would pay off huge and they lost. No big name FA is likely to go to any team in TX. Trade assets were more important than cap space and the Mavs have none. Just lots of FA's. Looks like they have now decided not to over pay for talent like the Nets (and lots of other teams) are doing and now the pickings are slim as far as FA's go. We'll see if that was the right choice down the road but for now they look lottery bound. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dirk opt out of the no trade clause in his contract. In fact it may be the right thing to do for both the Mavs and Dirk. As a Mavs fan that hurts but I'm not sure what other options they have. If you can't trade for talent (no assets) or sign max contract superstars then you have to either build through the draft like OKC has done or sign lots of good FA's when teams get into a bind financially in a year or two. For now maybe they should amnesty Haywood, trade Matrix for a young prospect and tank for the draft. Letting Chandler walk for nothing didn't work out so well did it, lol. What a mess.

Gone Fishing
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Dallas who cares? They suck, oh an the cowgirls suck too.....Go Rockets/Texans and just wish, Oilers!!!!

Emerson1
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Dallas who cares? They suck, oh an the cowgirls suck too.....Go Rockets/Texans and just wish, Oilers!!!!
Trying to hard.