PDA

View Full Version : Did Hondo ever hire an AD?

Crow22
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Has Hondo hired yet? 4 weeks til football and no news?

Los Owls
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Jeff Rochat is the new AD..Hired last night...

Los Owls
07-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Anvil Herald Publisher

Jeff Rochat was named athletic director and head football coach for the Hondo Independent School District at a special trustee meeting on Monday night, July 2.

Rochat, who has been the assistant principal at McDowell Middle School since 2007, was selected from among a field of seven finalists and a total field of 47 applicants.

The position came open in early June when former AD/HFC Randy Graf resigned. He is now an assistant coach in his home town of Pearsall.

“I’m excited to be back in coaching,” said Rochat, who was already at work on Tuesday. “I’ll be meeting with the coaching staff on Thursday morning to start getting organized.”

Clay Rosenbaum, the HISD Superintendent, said there was no hesitation in hiring Rochat to be the next AD.

“He has a passion for all things Hondo,” said Supt. Rosenbaum. “The kids, the fans, the community, the school district. He wants to see every program succeed.”

The new AD was an assistant football coach at HHS in 2005-06, serving as defensive coordinator for the Owls’ 2005 Class 3A, Division 1 state quarterfinalist and the 2006 Class 3A, Division 2 state semifinalist.

A 1986 graduate of Hondo High School, where he was the school’s first five-sport letterman, Rochat becomes the first former Owl to become the school’s head football coach. The Hondo football program will begin its second century of competition in 2012.

At HHS, he also earned his way into the state tennis tournament three times.

After his graduation from HHS, Rochat attended the University of Texas, and later graduated from Southwest Texas State in Fall 1991.

He served as an assistant coach under his former HHS head coach, Mike Honeycutt, for eight years, including four at Round Rock Westwood and four more at Pflugerville High School. He was named defensive coordinator at Luling in 1999, and a year later began a five-year stint as the Eagles head coach and AD.

“Again, I’m excited, honored and humbled to be Hondo’s athletic director,” Rochat said. “Now I’ve got six months work to do in 34 days.”

Summer football workouts begin Monday, Aug. 6.