PDA

View Full Version : So for our big 3A Preview show

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2012, 07:39 AM
We are thinking of giving our picks for EVERY district in 3A..would lve to hear other ideas we can add

jason
07-03-2012, 08:06 AM
predict regular season records for every team and have a bet with each other - whoever gets the most right gets to make the other do something stupid.

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2012, 08:07 AM
predict regular season records for every team and have a bet with each other - whoever gets the most right gets to make the other do something stupid.

hahaha that would be great...but that would also be about a 4 hour show ..but the bet thing...we might have to do something with that

jason
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
hahaha that would be great...but that would also be about a 4 hour show ..but the bet thing...we might have to do something with that
wouldnt have to announce them all on the air - can make your predictions, put them in an envelope, and then open them at the end of the season to announce the final results

for the bet, tattoos should be involved

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
wouldnt have to announce them all on the air - can make your predictions, put them in an envelope, and then open them at the end of the season to announce the final results

for the bet, tattoos should be involved

we will figure something out..but a stupid bet is for sure on the show this year

Aesculus gilmus
07-03-2012, 09:04 AM
we will figure something out..but a stupid bet is for sure on the show this year

In listening to these past few shows, I can't help thinking there are some priceless facial expressions and other such sight gags we're missing out on.

So have you guys ever thought of putting these shows on YouTube as well? You could still have the audio file as an option, but I bet most would enjoy seeing it as well.

Bullaholic
07-03-2012, 09:17 AM
If you have the time, it would be more fun if Grant and Terry compile their District qualifiers independently and sort of do a "Mike & Mike " thing by alternating their district champ & qualifier announcements with short comments thrown in along the way about each other's picks.

Matthew328
07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
In listening to these past few shows, I can't help thinking there are some priceless facial expressions and other such sight gags we're missing out on.

So have you guys ever thought of putting these shows on YouTube as well? You could still have the audio file as an option, but I bet most would enjoy seeing it as well.

Thats not a horrible idea

Lion70
07-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Predict the 3A state Champion heck just write down 163A teams minus 2 and pick. Lol Couldn't resist.

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
If you have the time, it would be more fun if Grant and Terry compile their District qualifiers independently and sort of do a "Mike & Mike " thing by alternating their district champ & qualifier announcements with short comments thrown in along the way about each other's picks.

what do you mean?

Bullaholic
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
what do you mean?

Example:

Terry: "Ok--District 16-3A, Grant. Who do you like to win the district?"

Grant: "Terry, I think Gladewater takes the title in the DOD, this season. Who you like?"

Terry: "Well, Bullard is my choice, Grant, because they are further East(?) and therefore faster, than the other teams."

And so on for the other picks.

Gsquared
07-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Thats not a horrible idea
:o you first sir

Bullaholic
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM
:o you first sir

Not all the police want to know where you are, G2----just most of em'.....:D

Gsquared
07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Not all the police want to know where you are, G2----just most of em'.....:D

:evillol::D

Tejastrue
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM
How about the best coaching hire this year. Maybe a preseason all state selection.

Roughneck93
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM

This would be a great idea. Do it!

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2012, 03:45 PM
not real sure what would be so exciting about seeing video of us talk...we dont do anything special outside of just sitting there lol

Bullaholic
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
not real sure what would be so exciting about seeing video of us talk...we dont do anything special outside of just sitting there lol

Well, Grant would have to keep his hands out of his pockets for one thing, and concentrate on the show....:D

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Example:

Terry: "Ok--District 16-3A, Grant. Who do you like to win the district?"

Grant: "Terry, I think Gladewater takes the title in the DOD, this season. Who you like?"

Terry: "Well, Bullard is my choice, Grant, because they are further East(?) and therefore faster, than the other teams."

And so on for the other picks.

That is how we always have done it.

Bullaholic
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
That is how we always have done it.

Nope---Grant says you always have to go first...:D

Yes, I know you do it basically like this, but I just wanted to ask that neither of you give all 3 of your picks up front, and alternate picks. Quit giving me so much trouble, or I will quit producing your show by proxy...:D

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Nope---Grant says you always have to go first...:D

Yes, I know you do it basically like this, but I just wanted to ask that neither of you give all 3 of your picks up front, and alternate picks. Quit giving me so much trouble, or I will quit producing your show by proxy...:D

LOL I bet you would at least play the drum roll at right time and not just sit there with the look Grant had...maybe we should do video

Manso/V8
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Review what players have already committed to play next level, and predict which players have the potential/will likely play at the next level......from each district.
I am always pulling for 3a kids to play in college.

easttexas3a
07-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Don't pick an MVP but pick a "player to watch" for each district. Just one guy, O or D.

Not the 3/4/5 star guys, but a 2 star or so kid who is going to make a big impact on his team, his district, and maybe a big playoff run.

A kid from Gilmer who comes to mind is Jaidon Parrish. He is a 6'1 220 pound tight end for the buckeyes last year as a sophmore and had a huge year, maybe not so much stat wise, but came up with some big catches, and was a big time contributor to the team.

buckeyebob
07-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Don't pick an MVP but pick a "player to watch" for each district. Just one guy, O or D.

Not the 3/4/5 star guys, but a 2 star or so kid who is going to make a big impact on his team, his district, and maybe a big playoff run.

A kid from Gilmer who comes to mind is Jaidon Parrish. He is a 6'1 220 pound tight end for the buckeyes last year as a sophmore and had a huge year, maybe not so much stat wise, but came up with some big catches, and was a big time contributor to the team.

But he may be the QB this year.

Aesculus gilmus
07-05-2012, 07:48 AM
But he may be the QB this year.

It didn't take long for Luke Turner to be compared to Tim Tebow. Hoping it'll be the same for Jaidon if he is the QB and it'll be even more apt since he's a southpaw.