PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline shows are up

Gsquared
07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
That day resulted in a massive headache the next day. Must have been some been somethin in the pretzels

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

jason
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
the 'waco lavega is ranked too low' issue will be decided week 3

Bullaholic
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM

As well as the "Stephenville is ranked too high" arguments....

ctown81
07-02-2012, 11:10 AM
I double posted

ctown81
07-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Great show. Here is an update on Dwight Smith. I will make it as short as possible.

This is some heresay mixed with first hand knowledge

In high school a lot of schools backed away from him for grade issues. Gary Patterson from TCU looked deeper into the issues and found out that some of his credits from California did not translate to texas. He did not get admitted in time by the NCAA Clearance House in time so he could not play his freshmen year in 09.

In 2010 he was clearly the best back at the TCU spring game but got hurt so he was redshirted that year.

In 2011 he was once again the best back in the spring game but was pretty far back in the depth chart. Turns hout there were issues with his grades and he had to transfer to Navarro.

played a few games at Navarro and did very well but got into a fight with a teamate and with a zero policy on fighting he and some of the other players were kicked off the team. The story i heard was that Dwight never threw a punch and tried not to fight b/c he didn't want to get kicked off the team.

This season, he and Si' Darius Blackshire are playing for a Division II school in Arkansas. Central Arkansas maybe?

I wish both the best of luck.

MGAR
07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
The thug is taking his talents to Southern Arkansas...

Joining thug and Si' there will be the Jalen Claiborne.

ctown81
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Do you know Dwight?

MGAR
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, we kinfolk

MGAR
07-02-2012, 03:13 PM
oh and he a thug

CTS
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Enjoyed listening. Very entertaining.

I think the Cougars are eager to show sideline to sideline that there is more to that program than Tim Wright.

I'm going to give you two names to watch and remember you heard them here first in July. Laderrian Ellis-Jones and Alan Cooper. Both will be sophomores.

BEAST
07-02-2012, 03:22 PM

I think the Cougars are eager to show sideline to sideline that there is more to that program than Tim Wright.

I'm going to give you two names to watch and remember you heard them here first in July. Laderrian Ellis-Jones and Alan Cooper. Both will be sophomores.

What positions?

BEAST

ctown81
07-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes, we kinfolk

A Carthage thug or real thug? That's a huge difference.

Gsquared
07-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Nice! Thanks CTS!

MGAR
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
A Carthage thug or real thug? That's a huge difference.

Yes there is a difference.

Wanna be real thug=Carthage thug

Ya heard yo

MGAR
07-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh and btw, good show guys..

I will listen to it tonight.

CTS
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
What positions?

BEAST

Both running backs. Cooper was 2nd in the 100M in 24-4A as a freshman. Ellis-Jones was brought up for the Pearland Dawson game after Tim Wright was hurt and rushed for over 100 yards against a State Semi-Final Team as a freshman.

'Necks 2013-14
07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Grant, Flannel graduated @ Columbia but Bess will return. If they can get him the rock in space---he is gone. That is all.

Txbroadcaster
07-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Grant, Flannel graduated @ Columbia but Bess will return. If they can get him the rock in space---he is gone. That is all.

the old one cut and gone type of player

Ville-D
07-02-2012, 11:02 PM

I agree La Vega should be higher. #4ish...

Also Alvarado should be about #6 or #7

Manso/V8
07-03-2012, 12:24 AM
I listened to the division rankings show tonight and enjoyed it. Thanks for your effort in putting these shows together.

easttexas3a
07-03-2012, 05:18 AM
La Vega will be getting beat week 0 by Palestine

buckeyebob
07-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Yes there is a difference.

Wanna be real thug=Carthage thug

Ya heard yo

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sign-smileys-968.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

Boy, this was getting good.

He will live So. AR (Magnolia)...like serving time.

Ville-D
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
District Rankings from S2S so we can look back later...

1. 16
2. 24
3. 10
4. 7
5. 17
6. 25
7. 26
8. 13
9. 8
10. 22
11. 2
12. 21
13. 19
14. 30
15. 32

coachc45
07-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Your info is wrong on Jalen Claiborne....I am sure. Last I heard was Claiborne was enrolled at University of Wyoming. He was there as of yesterday.

Manso/V8
07-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Your info is wrong on Jalen Claiborne....I am sure. Last I heard was Claiborne was enrolled at University of Wyoming. He was there as of yesterday.

Seems MGAR must be distant kinfolk, or maybe not up on family chatter.

Gone Fishing
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM

1. 16
2. 24
3. 10
4. 7
5. 17
6. 25
7. 26
8. 13
9. 8
10. 22
11. 2
12. 21
13. 19
14. 30
15. 32

If district 27 isnt better than 32 or 30, then I'm a monkey's uncle!!!

Tejastrue
07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
If district 27 isnt better than 32 or 30, then I'm a monkey's uncle!!!

I was also a bit perplexed. ;)

Txbroadcaster
07-04-2012, 12:39 AM
I was also a bit perplexed. ;)

after the Texans what else is left in 27? Alot of questions and no real depth

Tejastrue
07-04-2012, 12:52 AM
after the Texans what else is left in 27? Alot of questions and no real depth

If that's the way you see it then you've not done enough homework. Please tell me what you know about the depth of D-27.

Txbroadcaster
07-04-2012, 01:21 AM
If that's the way you see it then you've not done enough homework. Please tell me what you know about the depth of D-27.

or maybe I just dont agree..to say I have not done homework is a stretch, but lets dive into it

Boerne has a good amount of offense back but lost alot on D

Canyon Lake has a ton coming back, but coaching changes always mean the unknown

Gn returns a good amount, but does anyone see them going past round 2?

a team I think to watch out for is the Billies...not a great record, but return a solid core who could be a darkhorse.

again, outside the Texans I dont see any other team being one that goes past round 1 or 2...so for me that is not a district I rate in top 15

Tejastrue
07-04-2012, 10:49 AM
or maybe I just dont agree..to say I have not done homework is a stretch, but lets dive into it

Boerne has a good amount of offense back but lost alot on D

Canyon Lake has a ton coming back, but coaching changes always mean the unknown

Gn returns a good amount, but does anyone see them going past round 2?

a team I think to watch out for is the Billies...not a great record, but return a solid core who could be a darkhorse.

again, outside the Texans I dont see any other team being one that goes past round 1 or 2...so for me that is not a district I rate in top 15

Not sure why you responded to my post initially seeing how it was GF who made the first comment. I think it may be a personal thing. Lol. Canyon Lake (8-2) indeed returns a lot and with their new AD/HC being hired from within will make the transition smooth. He has been there as the DC since the school opened just as their previous HC. I believe this school is the largest in the district and their program is on the rise. Why can we not expect Navarro to go past the first round? Aren't they just a year out from going 11-3 and 4 deep? No one saw that coming. Like most districts, it's a toss up after the top 3. It will be interesting to see how Fredericksburg looks in the 2nd year with their head coach. Boerne will be competitive again and Bandera well..hard to explain this one. For me, I'd put the top three in our district against the same from the other districts mentioned any day.

Manso/V8
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
For me, I'd put the top three in our district against the same from the other districts mentioned any day.

I sense the Hill Country bravado building as we edge toward the season! Relax, I am just kidding....kind of.
I do think you have a point. Didn't Canyon Lake beat Sealy last year?
Not that Sealy is the ultimate yardstick, but they did play at least one SC team pretty close last year.....but that could have just been match ups.
If Canyon Lake has a bunch coming back, then they could be a force.......if they can replace that workhouse RB.

I have to agree with TxBroadcaster on the coaching change being an unknown. Hiring from within doesn't always translate to a smooth transition.
It depends on the dynamics of who else on the staff wanted the job, and if the new HC can make the step and take control.
Hiring from within didn't work out for us after the 2009 season, even though the man they moved up to HC was a great guy and really good DC.

MustangFootball
07-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Not sure why you responded to my post initially seeing how it was GF who made the first comment. I think it may be a personal thing. Lol. Canyon Lake (8-2) indeed returns a lot and with their new AD/HC being hired from within will make the transition smooth. He has been there as the DC since the school opened just as their previous HC. I believe this school is the largest in the district and their program is on the rise. Why can we not expect Navarro to go past the first round? Aren't they just a year out from going 11-3 and 4 deep? No one saw that coming. Like most districts, it's a toss up after the top 3. It will be interesting to see how Fredericksburg looks in the 2nd year with their head coach. Boerne will be competitive again and Bandera well..hard to explain this one. For me, I'd put the top three in our district against the same from the other districts mentioned any day.Im not one to speak for district 32, but district 30 with Sinton Ingleside and Rockport I believe will be able to compete with any of the 8 district ranked above them.

Ville-D
07-04-2012, 12:16 PM

1. 16
2. 24
3. 10
4. 7
5. 17
6. 25
7. 26
8. 13
9. 8
10. 22
11. 2
12. 21
13. 19
14. 30
15. 32

Based on top 15... Rank the regions?

1. R3: 5
2. R4: 4
3. R1 & R2: 3

MustangFootball
07-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Do u have to be a member of the old coach cause I can not listen to this link on my I-phone 4s, my computers down....and my office computer won't play it either but I think that must be just the firewall....I've downloaded almost every browser, cause safari won't open it and I really wanna hear this it's killing me. I heard one on my phone a few weeks back......HELP!!!! Lol

MGAR
07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Based on top 15... Rank the regions?

1. R3: 5
2. R4: 4
3. R1 & R2: 3

Rank the regions? For 3A....

In that order.

regaleagle
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
+1 and touche! That's how I see it too, MGAR. It's not the quantity, but the quality of the number of competitive teams involved. Sure, Region 4 has more that Region 2 that are "rated" in this index Top 15, but I believe Region 2 will be more highly competitive with its top teams. Thus, I give the nod to 2 over 4, being the homer I am, ha ha! But really, I think head to head, Region 2 vs. Region 4 Top teams...Region 2 wins.

Tejastrue
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I sense the Hill Country bravado building as we edge toward the season! Relax, I am just kidding....kind of.
I do think you have a point. Didn't Canyon Lake beat Sealy last year?
Not that Sealy is the ultimate yardstick, but they did play at least one SC team pretty close last year.....but that could have just been match ups.
If Canyon Lake has a bunch coming back, then they could be a force.......if they can replace that workhouse RB.

I have to agree with TxBroadcaster on the coaching change being an unknown. Hiring from within doesn't always translate to a smooth transition.
It depends on the dynamics of who else on the staff wanted the job, and if the new HC can make the step and take control.
Hiring from within didn't work out for us after the 2009 season, even though the man they moved up to HC was a great guy and really good DC.

Bravado..I like that. Gotta speak up for the district Manso and even R-4. The whole season is an unknown. That's why we have these polls, rankings and debates of this nature. Sorry the hiring from within did not work out. From what I've seen, heard and read this is a great move for CL. The kids know him and respect him. We shall see.