PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the frio river?

pancho villa
07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
How is the toobing on the frio?

bigwood33
07-01-2012, 08:04 PM
My wife and some of her girl friends went 3 weekends ago. They rented a cabin outside of Leakey and said that the tubing was pretty good. This time of year you had better check with the locals or TPW for flow and levels. It can get pretty low this time of year.

greendawg84
07-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Water flow is just above 40 CFS which is good , they got 1/2" of rain on June 30th so the float should be great . We were there on Memorial day and the flow was around 30 CFS , 1120 to Happy Hollow was 1.5 hrs with no walking. Warning , the Can Ban has brought out higher numbers of young people than in the past.

hookandladder
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I was camping at Old Garner( Oakmont Area) a little over a week ago, Floated from the bridge above Happy Hollow to Happy Hollow. It was Ok however still had to walk some, I doubt you will float that again without a good bit of walking. Seven Bluffs to Frio Country would be the next best float however there will be walking and very slow, a good 4 to 5 hour float. You might want to get you some Yak's, floating will be slow but water is always cold just like the beer. Good Luck.

icu812
07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Water flow is just above 40 CFS which is good , they got 1/2" of rain on June 30th so the float should be great . We were there on Memorial day and the flow was around 30 CFS , 1120 to Happy Hollow was 1.5 hrs with no walking. Warning , the Can Ban has brought out higher numbers of young people than in the past.

Haven't been in a couple years but the lack of thousands of drunk college students was the reason our family goes to the Frio. I've got nothing against floating and drinking though :-)