PDA

View Full Version : Astros agree to trade Carlos Lee to Dodgers

Saggy Aggie
06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Lee has a no trade clause so he must approve the trade.

yellaseeker
06-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Astros can't get that lucky!

Bull Butter
06-30-2012, 06:10 PM
The Rockets can't get guys to come to Houston and the Astros can't get guys to leave

Manso/V8
06-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Carlos has a 1,000 acre ranch in Boling, between Wharton and West Columbia, and he is big in the Brahman world which is centered in Houston. He is part owner of a Brahman bull that was International Champion at the Houston Livestock Show in 2006. That is one of the primary reasons he wanted to play in Houston.

Roughneck93
07-01-2012, 10:46 AM
He's supposed to make a decision today. I hope he accepts the trade and goes.

Saggy Aggie
07-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd like it if Carlos would go to LA, Houston would get the dodgers top prospect and Carlos could compete for a world series.

Then in the offseason, if he chooses, he could resign with Houston for less money and be the DH when we go to the AL.

Manso/V8
07-01-2012, 07:36 PM
I'd like it if Carlos would go to LA, Houston would get the dodgers top prospect and Carlos could compete for a world series.

Then in the offseason, if he chooses, he could resign with Houston for less money and be the DH when we go to the AL.

Good points!

Saggy Aggie
07-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Nvm, Carlos vetoed the trade. Staying in Houston

Manso/V8
07-01-2012, 09:49 PM
He must be tired.

yellaseeker
07-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Naa, he's not tired. He's just a lazy ass. Prime example of someone who was worth close to what they payed him at first and became worth a low percentage of he's paid. I wish they all would play the game as Biggio did for his whole career, giving respect to the sport and the people who pay your salary by playing hard and giving back to it. Now that's only my opinion so, there is no need for the mighty sombrero wearing "El Caballo" fans to get their horse hairs knotted up.

Saggy Aggie
07-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Naa, he's not tired. He's just a lazy ass. Prime example of someone who was worth close to what they payed him at first and became worth a low percentage of he's paid. I wish they all would play the game as Biggio did for his whole career, giving respect to the sport and the people who pay your salary by playing hard and giving back to it. Now that's only my opinion so, there is no need for the mighty sombrero wearing "El Caballo" fans to get their horse hairs knotted up. I don't really understand why there's all this crap going around saying that Carlos is lazy and doesn't care and had the opportunity to go to a contender and didn't because he doesn't compete anymore blah blah

Could it not just be that he loves Houston, his teammates, and his family is here?

Carlos is probably the single best 'locker room' guy we have and I love how he plays. He goes out there and has fun. He is still a tough out a quality hitter. Not to mention his defense at first base is not bad at all.

Manso/V8
07-04-2012, 12:58 AM
I don't really watch baseball, so I can't judge Carlos as a player. I like him because he raises cattle.

yellaseeker
07-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Use some conditioner in that hair and it'll help get the knots out. Lmao! Are you freakin serious? Not that bad at first? Hell with that much moola, he should be a damn golden glove at first. I've been to a few games in the past (when i still had hopes for the organization) and wish like hell i could have snuck a pellet gun into the crawford box area to put some fire into his ass in left field. If you love how he plays then that's your prerogative to buy a ticket and go watch his lazy ass. Like i said, he's a prime example of a situation that organizations are dealing with in many sports. Organizations are spending way too much money because if they don't the others will so, they all just keep ante'ing up more and more. Therefore, the incentive is not as great. Sure, most contracts have clauses but, these contracts are so high that even the guaranteed money is enough for some of them to slack off or go on the DL for no reason at all. If you know people in the system then you'd realize it's true. I'm not big on college sports other than baseball but, i agree with people that say they like it because those guys play 110% every minute, every inning, every down, every day, atleast till they get a fat contract. I respect your opinion whether you respect mine or not so, i have no desire to keep firing back. Just remember, you replied with my quote not vice versa.

Saggy Aggie
07-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Use some conditioner in that hair and it'll help get the knots out. Lmao! Are you freakin serious? Not that bad at first? Hell with that much moola, he should be a damn golden glove at first. I've been to a few games in the past (when i still had hopes for the organization) and wish like hell i could have snuck a pellet gun into the crawford box area to put some fire into his ass in left field. If you love how he plays then that's your prerogative to buy a ticket and go watch his lazy ass. Like i said, he's a prime example of a situation that organizations are dealing with in many sports. Organizations are spending way too much money because if they don't the others will so, they all just keep ante'ing up more and more. Therefore, the incentive is not as great. Sure, most contracts have clauses but, these contracts are so high that even the guaranteed money is enough for some of them to slack off or go on the DL for no reason at all. If you know people in the system then you'd realize it's true. I'm not big on college sports other than baseball but, i agree with people that say they like it because those guys play 110% every minute, every inning, every down, every day, atleast till they get a fat contract. I respect your opinion whether you respect mine or not so, i have no desire to keep firing back. Just remember, you replied with my quote not vice versa. do you watch baseball?!?!?

I'll be the first to tell you that Carlos was a terrible fielder in LF, but he has been pretty dang good the last 2 years at first base.

Here's a few FACTS:

Carlos lee has the 9th best fielding percentage among all major league first baseman. He has the SECOND highest 'range factor' in the majors, only .02 points behind Casey Kotchman of the Cleveland Indians. He is a well above average fielder at first base, among the top 10 in almost every category, opposed to consistently being the worst LF in the game. Even so, he wasn't being paid to defend then. He got his deal to hit and that's exactly what he did.

Carlos is a character. He is loved by his teammates and always keeps a good attitude. He is hitting around .290 this year which is good despite his lower power numbers. I'm sure the Astros will take those #s for the final year of a 6 year deal especially when you consider the fact that he hit more than .300, 25 HRs and 100 rbis each of first 3 years.

Just because he didn't do what a lot of us wanted him to do doesn't mean he's lazy or doesn't care or doesn't perform.

Fun fact: Carlos lee has the 2nd most active grand slams behind A-Rod and tied with HANK AARON for 9th most EVER

Saggy Aggie
07-04-2012, 04:24 PM
It appears as though Carlos is about to get traded to the Miami marlins. He has agreed to go to Miami and his locker is already cleaned out. Terms of the deal are getting finalized I guess.

It isn't clear what Houston is getting in return, though sources say Houston is going to pay a large portion of the remaining 9 mil owed to Carlos this year

Saggy Aggie
07-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Deal is done. Astros will receive prospects 3B Matt Dominguez and LHP Rob Rasmussen, the Marlins #5 & 6 prospects respectively

Tejastrue
07-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Deal is done. Astros will receive prospects Matt Dominguez and rob Rasmussen

Hope it works out for all parties involved. You know anything about the two prospects?

Saggy Aggie
07-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Hope it works out for all parties involved. You know anything about the two prospects? just edited my above post to in include a bit more info but not a lot. Haven't read up on em much yet.

Dominguez, good fielder and little bit of power. Not much average to speak of yet.

Rasmussen, a LHP only has 1 year of minor league experience and apparently got off to a slow star but finished strong last year.

Rated as their 5th and 6th best prospects. Astros continue their rebuilding effort

Roughneck93
07-04-2012, 08:26 PM
So Lee vetoes a trade that would have sent him from the second-to-last place Astros to the first place Dodgers? Instead, he gets dealt from the second-to-last place Astros to the second-to-last place Marlins? :confused: Lol...

Saggy Aggie
07-04-2012, 09:20 PM
So Lee vetoes a trade that would have sent him from the second-to-last place Astros to the first place Dodgers? Instead, he gets dealt from the second-to-last place Astros to the second-to-last place Marlins? :confused: Lol... well he had a partial no trade clause that allowed him to block trades to 14 teams, including the dodgers. Miami was not on that list, hence he had no say in the trade with Miami, otherwise he would've vetoed that too most likely

Roughneck93
07-04-2012, 09:37 PM
well he had a partial no trade clause that allowed him to block trades to 14 teams, including the dodgers. Miami was not on that list, hence he had no say in the trade with Miami, otherwise he would've vetoed that too most likely

Yeah I saw that. I was just poking fun at how things turned out.

Hope the two prospects we got work out. I believe a lot of scouting services rank the Marlins farm system worse than Houston's. :ack!:

Necks88Fan
07-04-2012, 11:13 PM
So, why do you think he didn't go ahead and accept the trade to the dodgers, knowing they really wanted to trade him and there was other teams that they could trade him to without his approval?

Manso/V8
07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
I heard a brief radio interview and Carlos said that it was a family decision. Something about his wife and kids just getting to Houston, maybe he just wanted to get used to the idea.......but for someone from Panama, moving to Miami is probably more attractive than moving to LA. It would be for me.

Gobbla2001
07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
For a fanbase always down in the dumps about athletes not wanting to come play in their city, we should be excited that Lee didn't want to leave!

Nahhh

Phil C
07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Good Grief! :( :foul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWv53OJ-ydI

yellaseeker
07-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Hasta Luego, horse guy from Panama.