PDA

View Full Version : Who's the most entertaining wrestler of all-time?

ctown81
06-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah I'm getting pretty bored without football.

I say is Ric Flair.

Ville-D
06-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

CTS
06-29-2012, 04:36 PM
The Macho Man Randy Savage. Ohhhh Yeaaaa!!

Old Tiger
06-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Shawn michaels or stone cold or the rock

cougartino
06-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BaseballUmp
06-29-2012, 06:33 PM
I was going to say either the Nature boy, Rowdy Roddy Piper, or Ultimate warrior

defense51
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior+1 on the Ultimate Warrior and Jimmy "Superfly" Snooka at #2

Ville-D
06-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Kevin Von Erich

defense51
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Kevin Von Erich The only surviving Von Erich brother, sad family story but Kevin was/is a class act!

bigwood33
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM

The great Wahoo MCDaniel!

Roughneck93
06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Kevin Von Erich

I was a huge fan of the Von Erichs. The ongoing feud they had with the Fabulous Freebirds was always fun to watch.

Rabid Cougar
06-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Fritz Von Erich and the "Claw"

Tejastrue
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Playboy Gary Hart..okay this is more for what he meant to the sport as a promoter and manager.

Saggy Aggie
06-29-2012, 09:00 PM
When I was in elementary I always thought stone cold was a bada$$

Manso/V8
06-29-2012, 09:20 PM
When I was in college, I thought wrestling with this girl named Michele was a lot of fun.

FB-fanatic
06-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Ivan Putski!

Tejastrue
06-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Ivan Putski!

Man, I forgot about the Putsk. How about Flying Red Bastein!

Z-RO
06-30-2012, 12:35 AM
The Macho Man Randy Savage. Ohhhh Yeaaaa!!

:iagree:

Txbroadcaster
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
I was a huge fan of the Von Erichs. The ongoing feud they had with the Fabulous Freebirds was always fun to watch.

the FF was one of the first bad group that almost got as much push from the fans as the good guys did...and in some areas they did get a bigger push.

turbostud
06-30-2012, 01:45 AM
The Freebirds: From BadStreet, USA.

"You know its like this. Alot of the promoters around the country have blackballed the Freebirds. And the reason why is because we done wrapped too many chairs around peoples heads." Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUgAnRnDM4

Yoe_09
06-30-2012, 06:17 AM
How about Kelly Kelly?

gtownfan
06-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Ivan Putski!

The Polish Hammer!

Him and Wahoo McDaniel were the best (lets say most entertaining) during that time.

garciap77
06-30-2012, 09:59 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/milmascaras_1_full.png
Height: 5'11"

Weight: 245 lbs.

Signature Move: Plancha

Career Highlights: First masked man to compete in Madison Square Garden; WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2012

CenTexSports
06-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Fritz Von Erich's "Iron Claw" was the greatest wrestling hold of all time. I use it on my grandkids to put them into submission.

LIONS#1
06-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Hulk Hogan!!! Andre the Giant!!!

1st and goal
06-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I thought I was gonna be the 1st to mention Ivan Putski but I see 2 or 3 beat me to it. He was incredible. I saw him do 1 armed pushups with a full size man on his back. They were always breaking cinder blocks on his head with a sledge hammer. Not sure, but I think he did all this stuff without 'roids. (Which were killing all the von erichs.)

Wahoo Mcdaniels had good showmanship.

Stone Cold prolly favorite modern day wrestler.

Ville-D
06-30-2012, 03:45 PM
The Jerry "The King" Lawler & Andy Kaufman feud was funny. Made Letterman more fun to watch.

yellaseeker
06-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I'll have to admit, i watched it in mid 70's til about the early 80's. One of my favorite guys to watch was JYD probably a little bit to do with his introduction song, "another one bites the dust". Got a kick out of seeing Duggan swing the chair as well. Looking back at some of the youtube videos, it all seems a little corny now. Thank god for UFC. lol. Check out this clip a guy put together to show Flair's many flops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4G1XdJj-oc

eagles_victory
07-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I dont know if you can say the Rock and Stone Cold were around long enough to be considered all time greats but you'd have to consider there 5 to 7 year runs as the greatest in wrestling. They took the sport to places and ratings it had never seen before. The rise of WCW Nitro until about 2003 was such a great 7 year span for pro wrestling.

Most wrestling fans will say Flair and HBK are the greatest of all time and I find it hard to disagree with that. People who don't really know wrestling well say Hogan a lot of the times but for as many great things as he did for the business he has done some equally bad things that really hurt.

eagles_victory
07-01-2012, 01:42 AM
I'll have to admit, i watched it in mid 70's til about the early 80's. One of my favorite guys to watch was JYD probably a little bit to do with his introduction song, "another one bites the dust". Got a kick out of seeing Duggan swing the chair as well. Looking back at some of the youtube videos, it all seems a little corny now. Thank god for UFC. lol. Check out this clip a guy put together to show Flair's many flops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4G1XdJj-oc I always say this to people who talk about wrestling and how "fake" it is. Wrestling is a unique form of entertainment. It doesn't try to pass itself off as real and everyone knows its fake going in. It is what it is.

Roughneck93
07-01-2012, 10:27 AM
the FF was one of the first bad group that almost got as much push from the fans as the good guys did...and in some areas they did get a bigger push.

Yeah they knew how to work a crowd, and the first wrestlers ever to use an entrance song. Truly one of the most infuential tag teams of all time along with the Road Warriors, The Four Horseman and The Steiner Brothers.

And how about the Rock n Roll Express and Midnight Express? That was a brief feud but fun to watch.

Roughneck93
07-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I dont know if you can say the Rock and Stone Cold were around long enough to be considered all time greats but you'd have to consider there 5 to 7 year runs as the greatest in wrestling. They took the sport to places and ratings it had never seen before. The rise of WCW Nitro until about 2003 was such a great 7 year span for pro wrestling.

Most wrestling fans will say Flair and HBK are the greatest of all time and I find it hard to disagree with that. People who don't really know wrestling well say Hogan a lot of the times but for as many great things as he did for the business he has done some equally bad things that really hurt.

That WCW angle with nWo was great. The Monday Night Wars between WCW and WWF are some of the best times in professional wrestling.

LIONS#1
07-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I view wrestling as a theatrical form of of entertainment using a ring as their stage...like the sitcoms and movies we watch...this too is scripted and used as entertainment...LOL maybe in a redneck kind of way. I find it amusing but have always flipped right through the Wrestling channel knowing it is just a show. I have also worked the Monster Jamb shows with the giant Monster Trucks...well that too is scripted and preordained as to who wins and who loses...FYI...mostly a show for kids. I have sat in on their pre-show meetings and it is based on crowd participation....Villian vs Good guy stuff:nerd: anything for a buck$$$

CelinaCatFan
07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
It's a tie between "The Macho Man Randy Savage" and "The Rock"

lostaussie
07-02-2012, 07:58 AM
The Great Kabuki...........What the hell was that crap he spit out? lol

Old Tiger
07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
It's a tie between "The Macho Man Randy Savage" and "The Rock"macho man is only entertaining because he was spokesmen for slim jim

ctown81
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
The Great Kabuki...........What the hell was that crap he spit out? lol

LOL water and food coloring.

Cam
07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Crazy Indian Wahoo McDaniel & Mil Mascaras (the original)...LOL

Farmersfan
07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
All the wrestlers who use to fight the circuit from Dallas/FW to Lubbock and El Paso use to stop at our cafe twice a week to eat. I talked to Terry and Dory Funk, Ricky Romero, Dusty Rhoades and numerous others. They would beat the hell out of each other on TV on Saturday night and be eating together on Sunday.
Everybody remember Sgt. Slaughter?

defense51
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
LOL water and food coloring. it was a jungle concoction that blinded his opponents, surely it was real.

Ville-D
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Remember The Missing Link? He used to "eat" the turn-buckles.

Ville-D
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Kamala "The Ugandan Giant" from parts unknown.

BEAST
07-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Abdullha the Butcher

BEAST

Farmersfan
07-02-2012, 03:24 PM
SuperFly Jimmy Snuka! Jake the Snake Roberts!

Ville-D
07-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Remember The Missing Link? He used to "eat" the turn-buckles.

Also George "The Animal" Steele "ate" turnbuckles...

AP Panther Fan
07-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I have also worked the Monster Jamb shows with the giant Monster Trucks...well that too is scripted and preordained as to who wins and who loses...FYI...mostly a show for kids. I have sat in on their pre-show meetings and it is based on crowd participation....Villian vs Good guy stuff:nerd: anything for a buck$$$

REALLY?!?

So that is why Grave Digger wins so often?????:1popcorn:

I have never been a fan of wrestling, but did like to watch the reality series, Hogan Knows Best.

yellaseeker
07-04-2012, 03:39 AM
I think the most intertaining wrestlers are the women, mud wrestling in bikini's. Although, i get a kick out of those midgets too. No, not midgets in bikini's. lol

Yeah I'm getting pretty bored without football.

I say is Ric Flair.

This has to be from a East Texas fan. Might as well add who your favorite Nascar driver. You guys are all the same.

yellaseeker
07-04-2012, 11:44 PM
This has to be from a East Texas fan. Might as well add who your favorite Nascar driver. You guys are all the same.

What's wrong with you Ville. Don't you know that wresting is a unique form of entertainment. lol Atleast that's what i've been told. I can understand some kids with their wild imaginations and wanna be bad boy ego's still clinging to all the hype around the so-called sport but, I found it hilarious for grown men, like some at my work, to idolize and talk about these matches and rivalry's between these roided up circus clowns. Hell, if they really know that it's fake, they sure as hell don't act like it. lol

Ville-D
07-05-2012, 01:02 PM
What's wrong with you Ville. Don't you know that wresting is a unique form of entertainment. lol Atleast that's what i've been told. I can understand some kids with their wild imaginations and wanna be bad boy ego's still clinging to all the hype around the so-called sport but, I found it hilarious for grown men, like some at my work, to idolize and talk about these matches and rivalry's between these roided up circus clowns. Hell, if they really know that it's fake, they sure as hell don't act like it. lol

It is funny to listen to some of them talk about it. They sound like women talking about soaps.

Ville-D
07-05-2012, 01:05 PM

I think ville and ctown81 need to meet up at the Annual Ticket Fight Night. Here are some Pics from a previous one: http://theticket.com/EVENTS/FIGHTNIGHTPICS/tabid/616/Default.aspx

ctown81
07-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Great job on generalizing east texas. A very good way to show your intelligence.

ctown81
07-05-2012, 02:53 PM

It's funny how so many talk about wrestling in a negative light but so many forms of entertainment emulate pro wrestling's philosophy in their programing.

eagles_victory
07-05-2012, 04:20 PM
You're new so Ill help you out ctown. Old downlow great conversations about stuff like this. New downlow unless you want to rehash the top 10 in 3a 128 times in the offseason your input isn't really wanted. Im actually a huge wrestling fan myself though.

eagles_victory
07-05-2012, 04:22 PM
What's wrong with you Ville. Don't you know that wresting is a unique form of entertainment. lol Atleast that's what i've been told. I can understand some kids with their wild imaginations and wanna be bad boy ego's still clinging to all the hype around the so-called sport but, I found it hilarious for grown men, like some at my work, to idolize and talk about these matches and rivalry's between these roided up circus clowns. Hell, if they really know that it's fake, they sure as hell don't act like it. lol WWE actually has a great wellness policy to deal with drugs of all time esp. performance enhancing drugs. So roided up circus clowns not since about 2007 when the new policy was put in to place.

Phantom Stang
07-05-2012, 05:36 PM
This thread is about "entertaining" wrestlers, right?
Advance this video to the 2:00 mark and tell me what y'all think.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UesKnpeMSqA

Ville-D
07-05-2012, 07:47 PM
This thread is about "entertaining" wrestlers, right?
Advance this video to the 2:00 mark and tell me what y'all think.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UesKnpeMSqA

He gives a whole new meaning to "float like a butterfly"

Emerson1
07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Says the guy from Stephenville.

How is it any different then a TV show or movie?

Ville-D
07-05-2012, 10:04 PM

We have absolutely zero red-necks in Stephenville. :spitlol:

griff
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Kamala "The Ugandan Giant" from parts unknown.

One of the funniest (and most impressive) feats I ever saw in "pro" wrestling was when Kamala bodyslammed Andre The Giant...all 500+ lbs of him. Hilarious and amazing to watch.

griff
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
The most entertaining to me was Bruiser Brody.

LIONS#1
07-05-2012, 10:27 PM
I always Liked Elizabeth...myself..;)

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2012, 02:12 AM
back in 94 I met Skandar Akbar at a El Chicos in Mesquite...he was sitting there with his daughter( who was hot btw LOL) and at one point he pulled at this huge wad of cash and gave her prob 3K or so.....When we were paying our bill he was as well and I told him I know who you are and your greatness, and we started talking...He was one of Fritz Von Erich's closest friends and was going that day to meet up with Kevin Von Erich about some story lines...he was super nice and paid our bill just because I talked to him.

ctown81
07-06-2012, 09:17 AM
back in 94 I met Skandar Akbar at a El Chicos in Mesquite...he was sitting there with his daughter( who was hot btw LOL) and at one point he pulled at this huge wad of cash and gave her prob 3K or so.....When we were paying our bill he was as well and I told him I know who you are and your greatness, and we started talking...He was one of Fritz Von Erich's closest friends and was going that day to meet up with Kevin Von Erich about some story lines...he was super nice and paid our bill just because I talked to him.

You caught him at the right time. When I met him in '03 he was broke so he couldn't pay my bill lol. There is a restaraunt called Barnhill's in Nacogdoches. I walk in to meet my parents for lunch and I walk up to the table it's Roddy Piper, Skandar Akbar and George the Animal Steele. My parents had started convo with them so they let my folks sit down. When I walked in I was 6 all over again. We all had a good time and talked about the old territory days.

yellaseeker
07-07-2012, 12:47 AM

How is it any different then a TV show or movie?

Don't know what shows you watch but it's nothing like the one's i do. Are you talking about watching Jerry Springer? Hell, i'd rather watch a chinese martial arts movie with the words being translated a few seconds behind the guy talking. lol Does the wrestling seem more intertaining if you smoke weed? lmao!