PDA

View Full Version : Rangers and Reckless Kelly

Cam
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Anybody gonna be there on Saturday? It'll be my youngest boys first ever Rangers game & concert......I saw Reckless Kelly on 6th street in Austin in 1998. They were just gettin' started. They sat on the floor in a tiny bar with their instruments and played away......
I've not been to the stadium in so long not sure what there is to see/buy anymore.....any suggestions would be welcome!..........

hollywood
06-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Anybody gonna be there on Saturday? It'll be my youngest boys first ever Rangers game & concert......I saw Reckless Kelly on 6th street in Austin in 1998. They were just gettin' started. They sat on the floor in a tiny bar with their instruments and played away......
I've not been to the stadium in so long not sure what there is to see/buy anymore.....any suggestions would be welcome!..........

Cam, I knew I liked you! RK is one of my all time favorite bands. Guys are super talented and genuine. I've seen many many of their shows and have had many conversations with Willy and Cody.

Willy Braun is a huge baseball fan... maybe he's made the commitment to become a Rangers fan. For years he supported the Red Sox.. and they're not even from New England! They're from Idaho.

Have fun. I may try to talk my family into going... even better reason to go with RK playing.

Emerson1
06-28-2012, 03:56 PM
The concert area is great. Tons of room and places to sit and still see.

Cam
06-28-2012, 04:41 PM
The concert area is great. Tons of room and places to sit and still see.

Where do they setup the stage usually? Can folks go onto the field?

Cam
06-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Cam, I knew I liked you! RK is one of my all time favorite bands. Guys are super talented and genuine. I've seen many many of their shows and have had many conversations with Willy and Cody.

Willy Braun is a huge baseball fan... maybe he's made the commitment to become a Rangers fan. For years he supported the Red Sox.. and they're not even from New England! They're from Idaho.

Have fun. I may try to talk my family into going... even better reason to go with RK playing.

Gee thanks Hollywood...no one on the Low has ever said that to me..(snifflin') not even that son-bitch Greendawg!.......yeah, I love RK. So does my 12 year old. I think he's more excited about the concert than the game....Momma gave him a choice of games: Friday w/ fireworks or Saturday w/ RK......that was an easy one for him.......First time I saw them on 6th St. I didn't know the band. We stumbled upon the show. It was pretty packed. I liked them so much I bought their CD at the merchandise table. They took a break and mingled with the crowd. I met one of them but don't remember who....he was a bit intoxicated but was still very cordial/friendly........If you decide to go Saturday, just look for the most handsomest son-bitch in the crowd...that'll be ME!.......:crazy1:......God, you people must think I'm full of sh_t!!!...LOL......

defense51
06-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Obviously your 12 year old has some good music genes (good job dad), it should be a great show and hopefully the Rangers put one in the win column for his first game.

Emerson1
06-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Where do they setup the stage usually? Can folks go onto the field?
There is a stage outside the ball park on the third base side. It's at the bottom of a huge hill.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Ballpark+in+arlington,+Ballpark+Way,+Tarran t&hl=en&ll=32.75275,-97.081724&spn=0.002369,0.005284&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.505383,86.572266&oq=ballpark+in+arlington&hq=Ballpark&hnear=Ballpark+Way,+Arlington,+Tarrant,+Texas&t=h&fll=32.753142,-97.081826&fspn=0.002369,0.005284&z=18

greendawg84
06-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Gee thanks Hollywood...no one on the Low has ever said that to me..(snifflin') not even that son-bitch Greendawg!.......yeah, I love RK. So does my 12 year old. I think he's more excited about the concert than the game....Momma gave him a choice of games: Friday w/ fireworks or Saturday w/ RK......that was an easy one for him.......First time I saw them on 6th St. I didn't know the band. We stumbled upon the show. It was pretty packed. I liked them so much I bought their CD at the merchandise table. They took a break and mingled with the crowd. I met one of them but don't remember who....he was a bit intoxicated but was still very cordial/friendly........If you decide to go Saturday, just look for the most handsomest son-bitch in the crowd...that'll be ME!.......:crazy1:......God, you people must think I'm full of sh_t!!!...LOL......

Not true buddy , we KNOW you are full of sh-t !!!! Defense 51 , the 12 year old gets his looks and talents from the boss of that there house hold and it aint that sunny gun Cam !

Cam
06-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Not true buddy , we KNOW you are full of sh-t !!!! Defense 51 , the 12 year old gets his looks and talents from the boss of that there house hold and it aint that sunny gun Cam !

:bigcry:

Rabid Cougar
06-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't know. Friday Night Firework Show at the Ball Park is pretty damd good.

defense51
06-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Not true buddy , we KNOW you are full of sh-t !!!! Defense 51 , the 12 year old gets his looks and talents from the boss of that there house hold and it aint that sunny gun Cam ! My bad, cam congratulate his mom instead. :(

Tejastrue
06-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Sorry guys, you can call the group whatever but they still sound like the same 3 chord nasal rednecks we've heard for the last 20 years or so. :D