PDA

View Full Version : Houston rockets making headlines...

Saggy Aggie
06-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Stockpiling 1st round draft picks to try and land Dwight Howard for a year rental. Also offered draft picks and Kyle Lowry to Sacramento for tyreke Evans and no. 5 pick.

Also rumors going around about gasol and josh smith.

HEMOTOXIC
06-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Stockpiling 1st round draft picks to try and land Dwight Howard for a year rental. Also offered draft picks and Kyle Lowry to Sacramento for tyreke Evans and no. 5 pick.

I tell you, I have never been a fan of "renting" a player only to see them leave at the end of the year. I see all of the dealing going on. Hopefully, we will land some good players that will get us back in the playoffs-to start.

zebrablue2
06-26-2012, 05:28 PM

Hope they can unload Lowry, that would be a great deal. Guy is ticked off at the world for some reason.

Roughneck93
06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Not a big fan of renting a player either. I say pass on Howard.

I still have bad memories of the Astros' rental of Randy Johnson back in 1998. We gave up Freddy Garcia in order to acquire Johnson at the trade deadline. Years later, Garcia would come back and beat the Astros in Game 4 of the 2005 World Series. :ack!:

SHSBulldog00
06-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I heard New Orleans offered the 10th pick for Houston's 14th and 16th picks. The Rocket's turned them down. They can do better than that.

IMO Houston should pass on Howard and use the three picks and possibly more (if they trade Lowry) on young players that will stick around for more than a year.

Saggy Aggie
06-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm hearing Houston has traded dalembert & #14 pick to Milwaukee bucks for #12 pick and 3 players

SHSBulldog00
06-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Houston's offer of guard Kyle Lowry along with the 16th pick overall to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for the 5th pick overall and forward Chuck Hayes was rejected Wednesday by Sacramento, according to league sources.

The Rockets are also active on a number of other fronts, including talks with Philadelphia, the Lakers and the Grizzlies trying to pry away two quality players.

They have been trying to pry away the #8 overall pick from the Toronto Raptors however their offer of Kyle Lowry and one of the picks in the teens that the Rockets hold apparently wasn’t enough to get a deal done.

Houston is also looking at trading for Rudy Gay and Josh Smith.

eagles_victory
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
There trying to get off the mediocre bubble and jump into being a more serious contender. I believe they have the right idea having a ton of draft picks doesn't mean a whole lot (Look at Minnesota in 09 had 4 first round picks and only 1 has done anything for their franchise) .Prospects are so hit and miss that looking for a big name would be the best option. Thing you have to be careful of around the NBA draft is some "insiders" will report just anything for shock value on some of the big names moving. I mean some of it may be true but a lot of the time they are just blowing smoke.

Saggy Aggie
06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
draft came and went. No exciting news. 3 mid first round pucks

eagles_victory
06-29-2012, 02:19 AM
My twitter TL was going crazy people thinking those 3 picks are going to make the Rockets really good. I say they will still be about the same unless they are able to make something big happen between now and October.

Roughneck93
07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Looks like the Rockets are back in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes.

Also open to a three team deal that would send Andrew Bynum to Houston and Howard to LA.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/07/rockets-re-emerge-as-contender-in-howard-sweepstakes-as-talks-with-magic-grow-serious/

icu812
07-12-2012, 12:32 PM
BIG gamble using the amnesty on Scola. That guy can play.

Saggy Aggie
07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Rockets will amnesty Scola to try to clear more cap room for a potential Dwight Howard deal, according to sources.

Oh boy

icu812
07-12-2012, 08:12 PM
I would like to see Dwight Howard in Houston but not at the cost they have already paid and are likely going to have to pay Orlando. Scola was my favorite player on the Rockets but they had to do it to make room to take on all of Orlando's bad contracts. They will likely have to give up all their new players from the draft in order to land Howard, plus maybe draft picks and a player. Houston is basically either going to end up with Orlando's roster plus maybe Martin or if no Howard they will have Martin, a bunch of rookies, maybe Asik & picked over free agents (hey Haywood is available, lol). If this deal doesn't get done it is a major fail losing Scola. They will be in the same situation the Mavs were a couple days ago except Houston doesn't have a Dirk and the talent pool of FA's is pretty shallow at this point. According to yahoo sports "The Rockets can absorb Howard’s contract, along with Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson. The Rockets are offering multiple first-round picks and a selection of its best, young player assets, sources said."

Houston is all in.