PDA

View Full Version : Coach gets high with the team......Chooming in LA

Manso/V8
06-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Stories about teachers having sex with students and now this coach is smoking weed with some of his players.......seems like some 20-somethings are having a hard time realizing they are supposed to be adults.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/LAPD-Granada-Hills-John-F-Kennedy-High-School-Assistant-Baseball-Coach-Accused-Allegedly-Smoke-*********-Students-Pot-Weed-160337825.html?dr

yellaseeker
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Just goes to show you, anything goes in that liberal ass state. I'm just hoping all the "twisted" (to be politically correct) people in that state are all at the beach when they get the big quake that sends part of it into the pacific.

Emerson1
06-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Just goes to show you, anything goes in that liberal ass state. I'm just hoping all the "twisted" (to be politically correct) people in that state are all at the beach when they get the big quake that sends part of it into the pacific.

That makes no sense. If everyone was for it then he wouldn't have been arrested.

It's not like he gave them alcohol or cigarettes, something that is actually dangerous to your health.

Lion70
06-28-2012, 08:39 AM
That makes no sense. If everyone was for it then he wouldn't have been arrested.

It's not like he gave them alcohol or cigarettes, something that is actually dangerous to your health.

I think you over thought his post. I am sure he didn't mean everybody.

yellaseeker
06-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I think you over thought his post. I am sure he didn't mean everybody.

You're right, i think he did. I said all the twisted one's not everyone. Although, there are plenty of them over there. That state is not even capable of standing on its own feet. Emerson1, are you saying that just because you think it's not as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol, even though it's illegal, that it is no big deal? Hey, if he likes pot, then that's his business but, doing illegal drugs with a student is just retarded.

Emerson1
06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
You're right, i think he did. I said all the twisted one's not everyone. Although, there are plenty of them over there. That state is not even capable of standing on its own feet. Emerson1, are you saying that just because you think it's not as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol, even though it's illegal, that it is no big deal? Hey, if he likes pot, then that's his business but, doing illegal drugs with a student is just retarded.
If my kid was going to be given a substance by a coach weed is way below stuff that can give you cancer like dip or cigarettes*. I never said it wasn't a big deal. It's just funny how people freak out about weed, but they do it while smoking a cigarette.

*I don't indulge in smoking of any substances

Tx Challenge
06-28-2012, 07:58 PM

I am trying to figure out of I am one of the "twisted" ones in your opinion. Should I head out to the beach?

Manso/V8
06-28-2012, 10:42 PM
If my kid was going to be given a substance by a coach weed is way below stuff that can give you cancer like dip or cigarettes*. I never said it wasn't a big deal. It's just funny how people freak out about weed, but they do it while smoking a cigarette.

*I don't indulge in smoking of any substances

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you would prefer a coach to give your kid weed over dip or a cigarette?

Manso/V8
06-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Actually I think there are parts of California that are pretty conservative. Orange County, the Central Valley around Bakersfield, and far northern California.
Alot of the Central Valley is kind of like Midland, and far west Texas.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/president/map.html

yellaseeker
06-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Even though San Francisco and Los Angeles only account for a little more than 10 percent of the states land mass, their population accounts for over half and both cities are loaded with liberals. If you don't know what i mean by people with twisted minds when i mention liberals from California, then your head is in the sand. As far as the weed being a health hazard, i agree it's no more harmful in moderation than alcohol and less dangerous than cigarettes. I know productive people that smoke pot and also productive people that drink. But, i know a lot more people that are non-productive that smoke pot than the one's that are drinkers. I'd have to say, that considering all the folks i went to school with, i have witnessed more of the guys who smoked pot move on to other substances and dont have a pot to piss in or dead, than i have the guys that you could count on every weekend sitting around a fire in a field drinking themselves into a state of retardation. I think adults that smoke pot will more than likely just smoke pot but, as easy as kids are influenced and the other deadly drugs that are readily available, it's a good chance that a kid won't stop at occasionally smoking a little weed. Personally, if i found out a coach gave or smoked weed with my kid, i'd kick his ass but hey, maybe my thinking is twisted in this new world of liberal ideology.

Matthew328
06-30-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you would prefer a coach to give your kid weed over dip or a cigarette?

If I was forced to choose between weed, dip or a cig...I'd choose weed also

Manso/V8
06-30-2012, 11:12 PM
If I was forced to choose between weed, dip or a cig...I'd choose weed also

For you, or your kid?

Emerson1
07-01-2012, 09:23 AM
For you, or your kid?

If I HAD to choose between one or the other then weed is the obvious choice for both.

Matthew328
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
For you, or your kid?

Both...

Manso/V8
07-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Both...

I have to disagree with regard to kids. I don't care about an adult's choice. I am not a fan of cigarettes, dip (though I used to be a Copenhagen addict), or weed, but I don't care if others partake. However, I think that weed has the potential to have the most detrimental effect on teenagers. Sure, cigarettes have a bigger impact on physical health, and dip is very addicting, but ********* can get in the way of emotional development for some kids.......not always the case, but I have definitely seen it have a lifelong impact on how people deal with life. During the teenage years, kids have to learn how to deal with the ups and downs, pressure, anxiety, disappointments, that accompany every day life. If a kid is getting high through these formative years, often as a way of numbing or running away from every day life, they run the risk of never learning how to deal with life.

yellaseeker
07-03-2012, 12:56 AM
I have to disagree with regard to kids. I don't care about an adult's choice. I am not a fan of cigarettes, dip (though I used to be a Copenhagen addict), or weed, but I don't care if others partake. However, I think that weed has the potential to have the most detrimental effect on teenagers. Sure, cigarettes have a bigger impact on physical health, and dip is very addicting, but ********* can get in the way of emotional development for some kids.......not always the case, but I have definitely seen it have a lifelong impact on how people deal with life. During the teenage years, kids have to learn how to deal with the ups and downs, pressure, anxiety, disappointments, that accompany every day life. If a kid is getting high through these formative years, often as a way of numbing or running away from every day life, they run the risk of never learning how to deal with life.

Well put, Manso. I totally agree. I too have witnessed kids in my era go through the same thing you speak of. I still see guys i went to school with that are still choosing jobs that will accomodate their habit and some of them are, or atleast they were, very intellectual people. Also have been to a few funerals of some like you said, smoked to deal with something that life had delt them and completely went to the dark side in later years. To each his own but i would have to say if my kid just had to have a crutch, i'd rather them chew tobacco. Don't have to smell the cigarettes and it is legal. Plus, i've never known of anyone that decided that dipping was not taking the misery out of their life and now it's time to move on to coke, crack or amphetamine, or now days it's prescription drugs. Now all these kids are getting screwed up on that synthetic crap.

Matthew328
07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
everyone's entitled to their opinion, its an odd hypothetical to say the least

Manso/V8
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Odd hypothetical for sure, another thing I found odd was that the word that "mary jane" word was edited from my last post. I guess there is a list of no-no words. I apologize to the moderators.

I agree with yellaseeker, that if I my kid had to have a crutch, out of the three choices in the odd hypothetical, I think I would prefer dip. But then again, people that know someone who died from
oral cancer might have a different idea.

Emerson1
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Odd hypothetical for sure, another thing I found odd was that the word that "mary jane" word was edited from my last post. I guess there is a list of no-no words. I apologize to the moderators.

I agree with yellaseeker, that if I my kid had to have a crutch, out of the three choices in the odd hypothetical, I think I would prefer dip. But then again, people that know someone who died from
oral cancer might have a different idea.

All words relating to weed(except weed) are all censored. No other word are though, even curse words. It's dumb.