PDA

View Full Version : Jowan Davis ( Sealy RB )

hookandladder
06-26-2012, 06:27 AM
I saw on one web-site that he verbally committed to Rice, anybody have any info. if this is correct.

Manso/V8
06-26-2012, 10:35 AM
I saw on one web-site that he verbally committed to Rice, anybody have any info. if this is correct.

I talked to him about a month ago or so, and Rice wasn't one of the schools he mentioned as potentials.
If this is true, congratulations to him!

hookandladder
06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
I talked to him about a month ago or so, and Rice wasn't one of the schools he mentioned as potentials.
If this is true, congratulations to him!

The Old Coach has him committed to Rice.

Tejastrue
06-26-2012, 12:27 PM
With all the talk about Seals-Jones it appears Davis has kinda flown under the radar. A large part of S-J's success can be attributed to this guy.

Phil C
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
According to Rivals he has committed to Rice.

sTxforlife
06-27-2012, 11:43 AM
He has committed to Rice, great school that will fit this great kid!

FrmSTx
06-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Great kid! He has the best "Dead Leg" move I have ever seen.

regaleagle
06-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Haven't seen him play or any clips of him. Would love for someone to post any that are available.

Tejastrue
06-27-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyipF9ae2w

regaleagle
06-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Yep, he makes it look too easy. Excellent vision, good feet in traffic, slippery as a greased pig, and reads the blocks like a natural.

Manso/V8
06-28-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyipF9ae2w

Thanks for posting that video.
I especially enjoyed the highlight from the WT game.

He really is a great overall football player. He has wowed us for several years as an opponent.
He also played on the defensive side of the ball in the game against Bellville last October and kept our RB's contained.
I think he played defense in their playoff game against Navasota as well.

FrmSTx is right. He is a great kid on top of his skills on the football field.
He is one of the most impressive high schoolers I have talked to in several years.

Best of luck to him this year and at Rice.

Necks88Fan
06-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I knew that kid was gonna be special from the first time i seen him play in his first year of junior high. You just don't see kids at that age run with the vision and lateral movement at nearly full speed. We lost a close one with sealy that year that turned out to be our only loss of the season. Yeah, yeah, you win and lose as a team but without that kid on that evening, it would definately have been a different outcome. He simply ran by us, around us and sometimes over us and we had a darn good defense and still do in that age group. Glad i had the opportunity to see him in his early years and hope he makes it all the way to the top.

hookandladder
06-28-2012, 06:39 AM
I knew that kid was gonna be special from the first time i seen him play in his first year of junior high. You just don't see kids at that age run with the vision and lateral movement at nearly full speed. We lost a close one with sealy that year that turned out to be our only loss of the season. Yeah, yeah, you win and lose as a team but without that kid on that evening, it would definately have been a different outcome. He simply ran by us, around us and sometimes over us and we had a darn good defense and still do in that age group. Glad i had the opportunity to see him in his early years and hope he makes it all the way to the top.

Been watching him also since 7th grade, we had them guys beat my son's 8th grade year and on the last play of the game SJ runs the opition and we had him tackled and game over however he forward lateraled to Jowan and down the sideline he went, I know my own opinion but was clear as day. I knew right then both of them kids would be playing on the next level, what a great JH game that was with terrible refererre's. It was so bad that the ref would just drop the ball at the lOS instead of placing it, funny as ****. Needless to say them refs were pretty big, had a hard time keeping up. Maybe someone from Sealy will remember this game, I will never forget.

Tejastrue
06-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks for posting that video.
I especially enjoyed the highlight from the WT game.

He really is a great overall football player. He has wowed us for several years as an opponent.
He also played on the defensive side of the ball in the game against Bellville last October and kept our RB's contained.
I think he played defense in their playoff game against Navasota as well.

FrmSTx is right. He is a great kid on top of his skills on the football field.
He is one of the most impressive high schoolers I have talked to in several years.

Best of luck to him this year and at Rice.

Why did I know you would enjoy that one highlight against us. He did break a couple of our guy's ankles and pride on that play. Fortunately, we had the last laugh.

Manso/V8
06-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Why did I know you would enjoy that one highlight against us. He did break a couple of our guy's ankles and pride on that play. Fortunately, we had the last laugh.

Well, the WT highlight demonstrated he could make a big play like that against the eventual state champions!
IMHO, more impressive than the clip against the 2-8, 2010 Brahmas.

Tejastrue
06-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Well, the WT highlight demonstrated he could make a big play like that against the eventual state champions!
IMHO, more impressive than the clip against the 2-8, 2010 Brahmas.

Even Gilbert Giddyup had his day in the sun.;)