PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Scrimmage schedule

Gone Fishing
06-21-2012, 08:34 PM
So who has the toughest scrimmage schedule before week 0 ? Wimberley scrimmages Calallen (4A semi finalist last year and ranked 9th DCTF this year) and Burnet after that.

CTS
06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
La Marque has Conroe Oak Ridge and Friendswood.

RoyceTTU
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
when i read this thread, all i could think of was this video...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsId3goYYE

ctown81
06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Toughest scrimmage schedule? August PLEASE push July out of the way and get here sooner.

ogg
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
So who has the toughest scrimmage schedule before week 0 ? Wimberley scrimmages Calallen (4A semi finalist last year and ranked 9th DCTF this year) and Burnet after that.

Danaher is one of the greatest coaches in high school football, always has run a very good football program at Calallen. Should be a good scrimmage/test.

Ville-D
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Schedule it as a real predistrct game and maybe it would mean something but in a game where nobody keeps score and the coaches are on the field... meh

Our scrimmages are Haltom City & The Colony in week -2 in a little 3 way action and Grandbury in week -1 All 3.... meh

Ville-D
06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
when i read this thread, all i could think of was this video...enjoy

Classic.

Gone Fishing
06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Danaher is one of the greatest coaches in high school football, always has run a very good football program at Calallen. Should be a good scrimmage/test.

Yeah ogg, what a good test and right off the bat see where we need to be and who might step up in the spots we need. Coach Nelms in the same category as Danaher. IMO

And for Ville-D maybe yall should travel out of the cream puff Reg 1 area your in and get some early competition, you will need it when you go east later on...Lol again.

Tejastrue
06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Hmmm..don't believe Iverson was ever on a championship team.

Manso/V8
06-22-2012, 08:35 PM
At this point, the Village People have bragged and bragged, and got themselves so pumped about how good those 19 and 20 year high school kids are gonna be this year in Stephenville, that I know I am already, and I am pretty sure the Village People are already, disappointed that the team isn't as good as advertised and the season hasn't even started yet! What a let down.

RoyceTTU
06-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Hmmm..don't believe Iverson was ever on a championship team.His entire rant was about a reporter wanting to talk about "practice" instead of the actual "game" they just won. Which makes perfect sense in this context because who really cares about strength of "scrimmage" schedule. Not sure how many championships has anything to do with anything. But it's okay if you didn't get it. Others did!!! Enjoy your evening :D

Tejastrue
06-22-2012, 10:11 PM
His entire rant was about a reporter wanting to talk about "practice" instead of the actual "game" they just won. Which makes perfect sense in this context because who really cares about strength of "scrimmage" schedule. Not sure how many championships has anything to do with anything. But it's okay if you didn't get it. Others did!!! Enjoy your evening :D

I think you missed the whole point the reporter was trying to make was that if he did not feel the need to practice with the team that was suppose to help him get to the ultimate goal then he should never complain about not achieving that goal. I can tell you it is probably something that will haunt Iverson for the rest of his life. Maybe not. It's not for me to say. We are talking about high school are we not? Lol...

MGAR
06-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Stephenville...

Because they will scrimmage each other 3/4 days a week for the whole season.

:spitlol:

RoyceTTU
06-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Hmmm..don't believe Iverson was ever on a championship team.
I can tell you it is probably something that will haunt Iverson for the rest of his life. Maybe not. It's not for me to say. We are talking about high school are we not? Lol...Did you really just change the subject, talk a little more off subject and then try to deflect back to make it look like I was off topic. Okay... Awesome

Tejastrue
06-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Did you really just change the subject, talk a little more off subject and then try to deflect back to make it look like I was off topic. Okay... Awesome

You saw that did you? Lol.. Actually, my whole point was scrimmages/practice are taken serious here in little old Wimberley (unlike Iverson) and from what I can tell from the other Texan posters they feel the same way. Myself, I enjoy watching the scrimmages. To be able to see the young men progress and and improve as the season plays out.

Gone Fishing
06-23-2012, 08:53 PM
You saw that did you? Lol.. Actually, my whole point was scrimmages/practice are taken serious here in little old Wimberley (unlike Iverson) and from what I can tell from the other Texan posters they feel the same way. Myself, I enjoy watching the scrimmages. To be able to see the young men progress and and improve as the season plays out.

+1 or more.

oldtownag
06-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Carthage scrimmages 1983 Dangerfield and 2010 Brownwood this year.

buckeyebob
06-24-2012, 08:31 AM
At this point, the Village People have bragged and bragged, and got themselves so pumped about how good those 19 and 20 year high school kids are gonna be this year in Stephenville, that I know I am already, and I am pretty sure the Village People are already, disappointed that the team isn't as good as advertised and the season hasn't even started yet! What a let down.

Perhaps they should discuss this with the Brownwood bunch...seems they had the same affliction a couple of years ago, then they met the Carthrage Bulldogs.

Lion70
06-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Carthage scrimmages 1983 Dangerfield and 2010 Brownwood this year.

1 out 1 Dfield would hae taken yall behind the woodshed. Heck your 4a brothers couldn't beat them, but thats not saying much cause no one could.

Lion70
06-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Perhaps they should discuss this with the Brownwood bunch...seems they had the same affliction a couple of years ago, then they met the Carthrage Bulldogs.

+1 2010 Chapel Hill had the same problem as well.

regaleagle
06-24-2012, 11:36 AM
IMO, scheduling the RIGHT opponent for your scrimmages is more important than just scrimmaging a team to get your team ready for the season offensively and defensively. It comes down to the matchup ideology, and what opponent best gives the team and coaching staff indications of the areas that need the most attention for the week upcoming. At this point, some "tweaking" of personnel and play-calling should be still under consideration.

oldtownag
06-25-2012, 09:51 AM
1 out 1 Dfield would hae taken yall behind the woodshed. Heck your 4a brothers couldn't beat them, but thats not saying much cause no one could.

This is just a scrimmage we are not keeping score.

P.S. 83 Dangerfield only beat Carthage 10-6 in 83. I'm pretty sure today's Carthage teams are better!

bdblm97
07-03-2012, 11:49 AM
La Marque vs Oak Ridge. Can't wait for this one. I have a nephew on each team so this should be interesting.