PDA

View Full Version : 7on7 Question For Matt328 or anyone else

Old Tiger
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
What are some elite teams in the 3a and lower classifications who do not compete in 7on7?

Why do they not compete? Offensive system?

Of those which do you think would make it the deepest at the state tourney?

Matthew328
06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Daingerfield jumps off the page to me, I think they'd do well..
Refugio played last year but hasn't played this year...
Henderson doesn't do SQTs either, I think they'd fare well if they played

as to why they dont play...I've got no idea...each coach has his own reasons

Cam
06-21-2012, 09:22 AM
What are some elite teams in the 3a and lower classifications who do not compete in 7on7?

Why do they not compete? Offensive system?

Of those which do you think would make it the deepest at the state tourney?

I don't think Liberty Hill plays 7 on 7......what for??.....them some runnin' fools!!...."We don't need to throw the stinkin' ball!".......

Rabid Cougar
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
China Spring competes in a weekly group and SQTs and qualifies for State Tourney but does not go. Their regular offense is built for 7 on 7.

Old Tiger
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
China Spring competes in a weekly group and SQTs and qualifies for State Tourney but does not go. Their regular offense is built for 7 on 7.I remember that CS crap....complete BS. Aren't yall banned from qualifying now?

Rabid Cougar
06-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Don't know about it being BS or about being banned. I do know they have been playing this spring even with both QB's still in baseball until the end of May. Played in one at Belton last Friday.

RoyceTTU
06-21-2012, 09:41 AM
didn't they get into a brawl or something...or something, hell i can't remember

Matthew328
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
CS actually played in a qualifier but didnt advance...they played in 2 or 3 last year but didnt advance either

regaleagle
06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Matt, I don't know this for sure, but I believe Argyle abstained this summer from 7 on 7's because of the Sadler SC injury to give him time to heal. Is this true? I haven't seen them in any SQT's at all. And I really don't know if there is another qb ready for varsity yet. Sadler will be a juniior.

Gone Fishing
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Matt, I don't know this for sure, but I believe Argyle abstained this summer from 7 on 7's because of the Sadler SC injury to give him time to heal. Is this true? I haven't seen them in any SQT's at all. And I really don't know if there is another qb ready for varsity yet. Sadler will be a juniior.

Wouldn't that be a great way to get another QB or two ready for Varsity.

regaleagle
06-21-2012, 10:14 AM
That's what you would think, GF. But I haven't seen them on the radar at all this summer, or heard anything. Of course, I'm way down here in deep So. Texas and out of the area for the summer, but who among all of us has heard or seen Argyle participating in any summer football SQT's?

Matthew328
06-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Doesnt make any sense to me..you'd think they'd want to get the backup a lot of reps just in case

Rabid Cougar
06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
didn't they get into a brawl or something...or something, hell i can't remember

My interest is a OL/DL so I really don't follow that closely other than what I hear from his friends who are "skilled" positions, but I do know there hasn't been any brawls or anything that of that nature.

MGAR
06-21-2012, 10:27 AM

as to why they dont play...I've got no idea...each coach has his own reasons

Daingerfield does 7on7.. Just no SQTs... They do league play plus a few non SQT tournaments. They won the Gilmer 7on7 tournament this year.

Henderson will never do 7on7 as long as Meeks is there.... neva...

RoyceTTU
06-21-2012, 10:58 AM
My interest is a OL/DL so I really don't follow that closely other than what I hear from his friends who are "skilled" positions, but I do know there hasn't been any brawls or anything that of that nature.

yea, something has happend to some team over the past few years but i really can't remember.

We had problems with llano in the past but I don't believe any punches were thrown

MustangFootball
06-21-2012, 11:08 AM

as to why they dont play...I've got no idea...each coach has his own reasonsRefugio played last year but didn't qualify, and this year they are in a league in Sinton, I know they have a couple of losses not sure how many!!!

VWG
06-21-2012, 09:21 PM
I am not positive, but I don't think Idalou does 7 on 7.

Matthew328
06-21-2012, 09:23 PM
they play but not in qualifiers