PDA

View Full Version : So I was helping some friends move...

Cam
06-20-2012, 11:40 AM
and let me tell ya, it was hot! They hired a small crew (3 brawny dudes & their truck). I took my two boys with me to speed up the process. About an hour into it, the biggest dude (bout 6'4" 230 lbs.) started chuckin' his breakfast!......I'm thinkin' "Crap, the heat has gotten to him already".....His buds checked on him but didn't seem too concerned and kept on loading. I was worried though. He didn't look good. So, I went up to him (name was Kyle), asked if I could check his pulse, pinched his skin to see if he was hydrated, checked his breathing, asked him a bunch of questions to check for headache, muscle cramps, general weakness, etc.....
Soon after, Kyle asked, "Are you a doctor?".....to which I replied, "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!"......this dude, as crappy as he was feelin', busted out laughin', finished his Gatorade, and went back to workin'.....He survived the day although we made him take a few breaks.....so you see, laughter is the best medicine!:crazy1:

GrTigers6
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I bet you wouldnt get that response if you were posing as a gynecologist :D

lostaussie
06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
The only thing worse than moving...............is moving somebody else!!

FB-fanatic
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Great story.

My rule of thumb on helping move: you better have the stuff, in boxes, when I arrive. If not, step on out to the curb and wait; I'll pack for you (and it's not gonna be a pretty sight).

Tejastrue
06-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Way back when my wife and I were moving into a new home across town, I asked a friend and co-worker to help us out. All he asked in payment was cold beer. It was his fuel you might say. I kindly obliged. It went well but at the end of the day he did feel the need for a snack. Nothing was unpacked but we did have access to a jar of Planter's honey roasted peanuts. Needless to say the jar was emptied out. These were my wife's you see and she was about 6 months along in pregnancy. What do you think she was craving to snack on that evening? Man, she was not happy. She really didn't care for the guy because of his beer drinking ways but he was always there to lend a helping hand. My wife and I look back and laugh and it's been close to twenty years now. That day however she was one crazy, ticked off white woman!

Manso/V8
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
That day however she was one crazy, ticked off white woman!

I thought you were hispanic.

greendawg84
06-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I thought you were hispanic.

No that would be Cam ....... by the way I did see Cam's boy made the Dean's list at ASU ! Congrats

Cam
06-21-2012, 09:48 AM
No that would be Cam ....... by the way I did see Cam's boy made the Dean's list at ASU ! Congrats

Thanks Greendawg!...yeah that boy works hard...already a junior. Recently decided he's going all the way for his Ph.d! So, if all goes as planned, he'll be the 2nd Dr. in the family. His cousin just graduated from Baylor Dental school in Dallas. Just moved to Corpus to begin his career. I was pissed cause I wanted him to come to the hill country so he could take care of my teeth!..would've made a fortune just off of me.....little bastard!......

Tejastrue
06-21-2012, 11:47 AM
I thought you were hispanic. Do people not integrate down your way Manso? :wave: and no, I'm about as wasp as they come..unless of course you want to include my younger years when I mixed and mingled with many ethnic cultures. ;)

ogg
06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Great story.

My rule of thumb on helping move: you better have the stuff, in boxes, when I arrive. If not, step on out to the curb and wait; I'll pack for you (and it's not gonna be a pretty sight).

A friend and I moved a guy years ago that had nothing in boxes, nothing ready. We did it burglary style, throw everything on the bed/sheets and tie the corners and go.