PDA

View Full Version : LaFeria SQT Pools

Matthew328
06-18-2012, 04:06 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1260&mid=155822333&sid=984&tid=155822333&style=1

MustangFootball
06-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Hope the Mustangs can pull it off after coming up short in LA Vernia!!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Go Tarpons!!

@ Mustang - Ingleside will have to contend with La Villa. You may not think it, since they're a 1A team, but La Villa is VERY good at 7 on 7. They beat 5A teams on a regular basis.

MustangFootball
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Go Tarpons!!

@ Mustang - Ingleside will have to contend with La Villa. You may not think it, since they're a 1A team, but La Villa is VERY good at 7 on 7. They beat 5A teams on a regular basis.

Yeah I know about La Villa, I know they made a deep run last year in the state tourney. I heard a rumor that Ingleside was not gonna compete in anymore SQT this year, I hope it's not true.... So may not even make the tournament.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Go Tarpons!!

@ Mustang - Ingleside will have to contend with La Villa. You may not think it, since they're a 1A team, but La Villa is VERY good at 7 on 7. They beat 5A teams on a regular basis.La Villa 7 on 7 doesn't seem to help them when it counts. they might need to get back to building a line first. They need to run some, they give up a lot of points defensively.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
7 on 7 benefits Ingleside more with the style of offense they run.

MustangFootball
06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
7 on 7 benefits Ingleside more with the style of offense they run.Ingleside usually runs a pretty balanced attack last year we favored the pass more, this year I believe we will favor the run more.....coach Hesseltine usually goes with what our strengths are.....Ingleside has an explosive running back and pretty good line coming back, but it always helps when you can also pass if you need to, it keeps defenses honest.

MUSTANG69
06-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Ingleside usually runs a pretty balanced attack last year we favored the pass more, this year I believe we will favor the run more.....coach Hesseltine usually goes with what our strengths are.....Ingleside has an explosive running back and pretty good line coming back, but it always helps when you can also pass if you need to, it keeps defenses honest.

I believe we have a pretty good receiver coming up from last year's freshmen team (I believe his last name is Gross). He played QB most of the time but wants to be a receiver. Also, the Hernandez kid coming up will give us another pretty good running back.

MustangFootball
06-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I believe we have a pretty good receiver coming up from last year's freshmen team (I believe his last name is Gross). He played QB most of the time but wants to be a receiver. Also, the Hernandez kid coming up will give us another pretty good running back.

Yeah I know we have some good receivers coming up they are proving there way in 7 on 7, the one kid you're talking about is Jalen Gross he filled in as a back up QB in the AP game and looked really good as a mobile QB, I'm sure he will be in,in certain game plans....he's a very athletic kid, and the running back is Kyle Hernandez he will be a nice complement to Marquiz style of running cause Kyle will drop his shoulder and run you over......I think Terrance Robinson (in coming junior) will be the go to guy for the deep ball.

Matthew328
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm taking Sinton and Hidalgo, heard Sinton has played well in league play

SintonFan_inAustin
06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm taking Sinton and Hidalgo, heard Sinton has played well in league playLook forward to seeing Sinton qb keep improving from a very good year last season. Good luck to them on Saturday.