PDA

View Full Version : Jury finds Rogers Clemens not guilty of perjury.

Phil C
06-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Breaking news!

Roughneck93
06-18-2012, 08:21 PM
At least that part of it is over.

Now begins the HOF worthy debate.

Saggy Aggie
06-19-2012, 07:57 AM
At least that part of it is over.

Now begins the HOF worthy debate. I say yes

Heffelfinger
06-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Yes to HOF. And BTW, what a waste of time and money.

regaleagle
06-19-2012, 08:11 AM
You'd think there are more pressing issues in today's political environment for our governmental representatives to address than those in baseball.

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2012, 08:14 AM
You'd think there are more pressing issues in today's political environment for our governmental representatives to address than those in baseball.

he was accused of lying under oath..does not matter the subject that is a huge charge

Phil C
06-19-2012, 09:34 AM

I agree and look for us to waste more money on Lance Armstrong accusations. This along with our trillions of dollars in debt. Greece and Spain here we come.

ronwx5x
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
he was accused of lying under oath..does not matter the subject that is a huge charge

While he was accused of lying under oath, why was he being questioned by Congress anyway? Our representatives need to be at the work of our nation, not messing around with baseball. There are venues far more appropriate for investigating steriod use in sports.

BEAST
06-19-2012, 10:11 AM
While he was accused of lying under oath, why was he being questioned by Congress anyway? Our representatives need to be at the work of our nation, not messing around with baseball. There are venues far more appropriate for investigating steriod use in sports.

Exactly.

BEAST

Roughneck93
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
It will be interesting to see how it plays out this coming year with the HOF voting. Clemens, Bonds and Sosa will be on the ballot for the first time in 2013.

All three will probably be denied just like McGwire and Palmeiro were.

waterboy
06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
I agree. Why does Congress get involved in pro sports to start with? Shouldn't they be trying to pass a "budget" or something else to force-feed us sheeple? We the people don't matter to them, but pro sports does? Isn't it kind of an oxymoron for Congress to accuse someone of "lying" to them in the first place?

Saggy Aggie
06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
It will be interesting to see how it plays out this coming year with the HOF voting. Clemens, Bonds and Sosa will be on the ballot for the first time in 2013.

All three will probably be denied just like McGwire and Palmeiro were. I'd put bonds and Clemens in, of course id also have Pete rose in the hall if it was up to me