PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Yoakum/new coaches hired

YTBulldogs
06-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Yoakum did good hiring some new coaches recently, due to some retirement, and one released from contract. They have 3A connections too. Got a newbie, fresh out of college. Played QB for Bandera, then at West Texas A&M. Brandon Hicks and his wife, Allison were hired on the Bulldog staff.

Bellville former DT from back in 2002,03,04 -- Dylan Rodiek, was hired to coach DE's. Dylan is a spark plug I tell ya. Love how he get's after the kid's in workouts.

Former Sinton player, Ryan Euckert (spelling) was added to staff. Not sure when he played for Sinton.

And, we hired Coach Prihoda, played at Hallettsville and recently coached at Smithville. She'll coach girls VB, SB.

Great hires and we look forward to seeing their talents/teaching this coming year.

YTBulldogs
06-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Oppps, missed one. We hired probably the most pressured job in the state, a new golf coach. LOL. Like 30 straight years our girls have made it to state, and have won our fair share. We hired a coach from a football powerhouse, Daingerfield. Sorry, I didn't get his name. But, talking about pressure he has, and not with football. LOL. I do know he played college golf, so-- he's not like a lot of golf coaches---just go hit some balls while I sit under the shade tree in the golf cart and tweet.

Former Cuero player, Jerome Perry -- was promoted to varsity OL coach. He's a great guy and good with the kids.

Snotbubbles
06-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Is WT A&M in Canyon? If so, what was the old name of that college?

pirate4state
06-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Yoakum did good hiring some new coaches recently, due to some retirement, and one released from contract. They have 3A connections too. Got a newbie, fresh out of college. Played QB for Bandera, then at West Texas A&M. Brandon Hicks and his wife, Allison were hired on the Bulldog staff.

Bellville former DT from back in 2002,03,04 -- Dylan Rodiek, was hired to coach DE's. Dylan is a spark plug I tell ya. Love how he get's after the kid's in workouts.

Former Sinton player, Ryan Euckert (spelling) was added to staff. Not sure when he played for Sinton.

And, we hired Coach Prihoda, played at Hallettsville and recently coached at Smithville. She'll coach girls VB, SB.

Great hires and we look forward to seeing their talents/teaching this coming year.

Ueckert - almost ;-) I think he played in Sinton from 2004-2007. DT/OL

YTBulldogs
06-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Ueckert - almost ;-) I think he played in Sinton from 2004-2007. DT/OL

Thanks Pirate. I thought I got this one wrong. :)

YTBulldogs
06-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Is WT A&M in Canyon? If so, what was the old name of that college?

I think it was just West Texas State.

Bull Butter
06-18-2012, 06:31 PM
What happened to Coach Brown?

Manso/V8
06-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Dylan was a beast in the weight room and on the field in high school. A real nice kid too. After he graduated from high school he came back to town and volunteered his time with the church youth group. Congrats on the new hires. Another reason to look forward to our scrimmage in August.......coming around the corner!

1st and goal
06-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Not sure if it has been previously posted, but Smithville hired new coach/AD too.

http://smithvilletimes.com/2012/06/13/new-athletic-director-named/

So, help remind me. Schools in our district with new coaches (to them), Yoakum, Cuero, Smithville. Coaches in their 2nd year, Giddings, Lagrange???? or is he in 3rd year?

YTBulldogs
06-18-2012, 10:06 PM
What happened to Coach Brown?

Nicco is going to be a mom I hear. They happened to have some land with black gold on it too. She's staying in Yoakum area. Great golfer, coach and person.

raider red 2000
06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
I think a girls coach with the last name Markert, originally from Refugio. I think she was a silver medalist in the discus her senior year.

YTBulldogs
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry Coach Duran, I omitted you on original post.

Felix Duran, recently from Copperas Cove -- has also been added to the Bulldog staff and will be varsity secondary coach. Welcome Coach Duran.

Awwwww it's great to be a Bulldog. Town folk already talking football. Now, that's new. Thanks to our school board and Supt along with Coach Kornegay, getting these coaches on staff.

Snotbubbles
06-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow, Ykm getting serious down there in the "Land of Leather" with this new influx of coaches. Appears like some real quality being added to the staff. Newbies are always good around teenagers. They are bringing some fired-up, losing not tolerated attitude. They all appear to be coming from winning programs or played their day's with winning programs. They know what it will take to compete in that new nasty district. Take a week off, and you'll sustain a "L" that week. Heard large numbers have been attending the off-season workouts too. Smallest team in district, has the kid's fired up already.

Here at Sam Houston, we are in trouble. Our core group departed and it will be a long year I fear here in SA. I don't see anyone stopping LaVernia in this weak district.

YT- is Yoakum still scrimmaging Shiner? Never understood that scrimmage. Who they got this year in scrimmages to see where they are heading into week 0?

YTBulldogs
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
YT- is Yoakum still scrimmaging Shiner? Never understood that scrimmage. Who they got this year in scrimmages to see where they are heading into week 0?

SB, we dropped Shiner this year. (1) We really don't face anyone with their style of offense and (2) they have been unable to service our freshmen in a scrimmage last several years. In regards to our scrimmages this year:

1.) Bellville
2.) Refugio

I agree, could be a long year for your SH Hurricanes this year. They sure sent several to college last year. Good luck to you.

29-3aFAN
06-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Refugio. That will be a great scrimmage. They are still ranking #1 with their now junior QB.

YTBulldogs
06-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Refugio. That will be a great scrimmage. They are still ranking #1 with their now junior QB.

Too me, both our scrimmages are with the state's best in their classifications IMO. Sinton week 3 at home. Nice schedule preparing for that tough district.

Manso/V8
06-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Too me, both our scrimmages are with the state's best in their classifications IMO. Sinton week 3 at home. Nice schedule preparing for that tough district.

Is our scrimmage in Yoakum this year?

YTBulldogs
06-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Is our scrimmage in Yoakum this year?

Yes, same time as last year too, Saturday, 10AM.